What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

HenryTatana

Juniors
I've heard of getting cold feet whilst the ink is still dry, but this is almost unheard of in regards to a club captain. He's doing himself no favours too and this will be the last mark on his career I think (unless he drops another grandfinal) forever remembered for being a whinging bunt who couldn't hack it
The word untenable comes to mind.

Illusion

Bench
I've heard of getting cold feet whilst the ink is still dry, but this is almost unheard of in regards to a club captain. He's doing himself no favours too and this will be the last mark on his career I think (unless he drops another grandfinal) forever remembered for being a whinging bunt who couldn't hack it
The word untenable comes to mind.
Yes mate he has put a BIG RED X on his back , his own doing , he will cop it left right and centre if he doesn't play well .......

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I've noticed we don't seem to be caught having secret meetings with anyone. Either we're smart enough to have the meetings behind closed doors, or we aren't actually meeting with anyone. Feels more like the latter.
Your talking Dragons here, they would probably contact the NRL to see if it ok to have a secret meeting, then advise the media when and where it is at, and then have the secret meeting with the player just to make sure they are all on board. Then the NRL would fine them a huge amount of dollars and make an example of them. The story of our lives.

Dragon David

First Grade
I've noticed we don't seem to be caught having secret meetings with anyone. Either we're smart enough to have the meetings behind closed doors, or we aren't actually meeting with anyone. Feels more like the latter.
It is no secret that the Dragons have no secret meetings. They like to do things in the open but it takes them an age to get things done and then if it is done we don't know until it is confirmed on the website and by that time it is an anti-climax.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
It is no secret that the Dragons have no secret meetings. They like to do things in the open but it takes them an age to get things done and then if it is done we don't know until it is confirmed on the website and by that time it is an anti-climax.
The other thing that happens is that when other clubs hear about it they usually hold their own secret meeting and we then lose out on signing the player anyway.

denis preston

First Grade
Sorry to hear about your condition DD. Wish you all the best and hope the rehab makes life comfortable for you mate
Good work Dragons and praise to Kyle Stanley.

Yes Kyle has been quietly making a name for himself. Won’t be long for higher honours. Certainly better than Aitken, Harlan’s mate.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes I know DP, just wondering why someone like Kyle wasn’t given a go

He is clearly kicking goals poaching quality juniors from Penrith/Blacktown area
I'd love to see Kyle get a guernsey for a high profile managers role at the Dragons in the not too distant future. Always has been loyal to the Dragons RedV and as a player showed remarkable skills but his devastating injuries didn't help him progress to the level I was hoping that he would achieve.

I hope he is high up in the pecking order if they have one.

BLM01

First Grade
Ian Millward. Other than recruiting some youngsters that are now upgraded Dragons juniors, his downside was the group of poor recruits, mostly rejects he kept inflicting on us poor suffering fans.

Kinda confused. Flanagan makes the decision which players he wants and does not want, so why the need to pay an R&R man.
It is quite simple. You need someone who player managers ring and have discussions with and do all the dirty leg work whilst the head coach is actually planning and coaching a side for 11 months of the year. The HC will be involved and likely have the final say

denis preston

First Grade
It is quite simple. You need someone who player managers ring and have discussions with and do all the dirty leg work whilst the head coach is actually planning and coaching a side for 11 months of the year. The HC will be involved and likely have the final say
Well , Millard’s roles in the last decade would have made him very acquainted with player managers. May be a crucial factor in him getting the job.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Gould recommended him which is a worry. If he liked him that much he would have kept him. I am hoping the reason he was let go was to work closer to home if he is from the gong.

I am spewing as I thought Browny would come back in that role. He would be perfect. All the best for Shane though, I hope he does well. I am sure he can't do any worse than whoever was looking after that role before.
At least they have someone doing the role fulltime rather than that Haran doing it as well as his main job.

A step forward.

Dragon David

First Grade
after watching the high lights video i say bring him back home ...speed to burn and cant be any worse than what we already have its a thumbs up for me .
Same here guys. I feel that he would add to our team and cover several positions.

People might also say, bring back Dufty - he could be the Ben Barba type as Flanno had in 2016.

What I am saying is that we need players with speed and can change the outcome of a game in the twinkling of the eye.

Latest posts