What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The more I think of it the more i feel Saints should go for Lachlan Lam and Ipape from the Leigh Warriors in England. They seem to have a great combo going and are exactly what the Saints need as good 7 and 9. Leigh is in the finals of the ESL and won a trophy already this year so they can't be too bad and are winners in big games. Hunt can them pi$$ off, if Saints can land both. Both PNG boys who Flanno would have coached when he was in charge.

Nathan Brown under Flanno will also be a great buy for the club. He will play a role like Fafita during Flanno's tenure at the Sharks. Flanno moulded him into a consistent prop and he was outstanding in the GF. If Hook or Mary was coach I would not bring Brown in but under Flanno, he will get the best out of him and not go backwards.

I would look at England for big boppers. I am sure there are plenty there.

RedVee_8

Juniors
What does this amalgamation mean to the Scots?
Survival of the name, location and staff jobs. $1million investment in the first edit: 12 months. Guarantee to keep the name and funding of the various AS sports clubs for 10 years. (3 was required, Saints are going over). Important to note, Scots came to Saints asking for this.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Hear u Gareth

It’s just a very different scenario one ACL reco vs two

Two is on the edge of retirement leading into three………just look at how Bird buckles in every tackles.

One ACL reco and no further ACL issues one can go on for a while career wise…….if not their whole career

Two is a very different challenge to deal with or not
Both Braileys are friends of Kyle Flanno. The Flanno's and Braileys as families know each other well.

Shane Flanno is refuting reports of us going for Jayden Brailey -
“I’d love to have a player like Jayden Brailey but he’s on contract and we’ll leave it at that.” But this could be a smoke screen because of the term Brailey has on his contract being to the end of 2025.

Jayden was the captain of the Knights before his second ACL and always seemed to have control in general play. Maybe with the salary cap problems the Knights have that he and Daniel Safiti could be released even though Jayden still has a contract to the end of 2025 which is a fair way off so it could be that that as he has now suffered the second ACL, he could be a risk and they have Crossland playing good footy for them and they might try and get Jayden off their books. Flanno is probably playing a waiting game so that he can get a good deal to sign Jayden.

Anyway, we have just got to wait and see.

The Titans forward Moeaki Fotuaika has resigned with the Titans for a couple more years.

Gardenia

Juniors
Both Braileys are friends of Kyle Flanno. The Flanno's and Braileys as families know each other well.

Shane Flanno is refuting reports of us going for Jayden Brailey -
“I’d love to have a player like Jayden Brailey but he’s on contract and we’ll leave it at that.” But this could be a smoke screen because of the term Brailey has on his contract being to the end of 2025.

Jayden was the captain of the Knights before his second ACL and always seemed to have control in general play. Maybe with the salary cap problems the Knights have that he and Daniel Safiti could be released even though Jayden still has a contract to the end of 2025 which is a fair way off so it could be that that as he has now suffered the second ACL, he could be a risk and they have Crossland playing good footy for them and they might try and get Jayden off their books. Flanno is probably playing a waiting game so that he can get a good deal to sign Jayden.

Anyway, we have just got to wait and see.

The Titans forward Moeaki Fotuaika has resigned with the Titans for a couple more years.
Yes but ACL??

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes but ACL??
Flanno is wanting all of our players to be much fitter than the past few seasons. To me signing Brailey would be a big risk. Although in training he will become fitter, he won't have the "explosive" power that he once had. I suppose once the graft ages, the knees will become stronger but that is over a good time and would he be fully recovered say next year?

If Bird is battling because of his past injuries to his knees then Brailey could also have similar problems once he gets back to the hard grind of running and tackling and being tackled in awkward positions.

Oh well, as I said, Flanno has refuted us going after Brailey so that is good.

Gardenia

Juniors
Flanno is wanting all of our players to be much fitter than the past few seasons. To me signing Brailey would be a big risk. Although in training he will become fitter, he won't have the "explosive" power that he once had. I suppose once the graft ages, the knees will become stronger but that is over a good time and would he be fully recovered say next year?

If Bird is battling because of his past injuries to his knees then Brailey could also have similar problems once he gets back to the hard grind of running and tackling and being tackled in awkward positions.

Yes that is good I agree.
My daughter was a gun soccer player and after knee injury is not the same. so will not play now sadly as shes is a perfectionist. Knee injuries are heartbreaking

possm

Coach
Fotuaika has re-signed with the Gold Coast so that's one less prop available for 2025. I can't see any way Hunt can fit under their cap now either, so if he does leave in 2025 it'll be for the cowboys or dolphins. Surely the Titans will be hard-pressed to keep the likes of Khan-Pereira and Fermor now. Looking at the market for front rowers now, there really isn't much doing and unfortunately that's what we need most.
I'm less inclined to read Flanno's mind on potential recruitment opportunities. But my guess is that he will go for a prop or two from the ESL.

As far as Hunt goes, I don't really care where he goes but would rather he goes now so the squad can start fresh. It is my opinion that he is at the core of the discontent of some players in our squad. I'd say that we do have some senior players that will work well with Flanno in the task of changing the culture e.g. De Belin, Lomax, and Lawrie.

There are still a few players to off-load and the trick is to do this without having to pay too much compensation. This dead wood together with the cap space already gained and of course, Hunt's departure, should give Flanno a good start in putting a good fit squad together for 2024.

Draginzaaar

Bench

Andrew Johns did his ACL in 2004. How good was he in 2005?

possm

Coach
Survival of the name, location and staff jobs. $1million investment in the first edit: 12 months. Guarantee to keep the name and funding of the various AS sports clubs for 10 years. (3 was required, Saints are going over). Important to note, Scots came to Saints asking for this.
Under Gould, Penrith purchased the ownership of many district Clubs (made them their own feeder clubs). We could do the same with the clubs in St George and Illawarra districts.

BLM01

First Grade
Under Gould, Penrith purchased the ownership of many district Clubs (made them their own feeder clubs). We could do the same with the clubs in St George and Illawarra districts.
That is untrue. The facts are that young players were pillaged from local clubs (in Lower Blue Mountains is the best example) without minimal help or money to get them back on their feet to the point the competition basically died like many clubs and other lower tier competitions have in NSW especially CRL.
Penrith district clubs were already feeders for Penrith especially the powerhouse local club St Mary’s.

Latest posts