What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

That is a huge kick in the guts for Saints. An ex-junior signing for their local rival for 500k less. Wow. Shows to me Saints had no chance to get him and Flanno pushing for a decision prior to Xmas tipped him over the edge.

It could be worse, Luki can re-sign for a further 5 years too now, knowing our luck.

Flanno quick to bring his son in and remove Bud and now Amone de-registered.

Flanno better go good next season as so far he has said alot but delivered nothing.
We did sack the bloke

justadragon

Bench
hey here is one for all us Dragons fans and members, F$%k AFB, F$%k Deardon, Manu, Amone and all the rest of them, if Hunt wants to f%$k off then let him. I'd much rather watch every game where we have guys there that want to be there and its a 100% effort every week, they bleed red and white, JUNIORS !!! thats our future. If you sit back and think we are not the only club that hasnt signed anyone of note, this waiting for these mercenaries to hopefully sign with us is beyond a joke, we made AFB more than a fair offer, if you are not here for the love of the club then FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOFFFFFF !!!!! Coric Tuitavake Fafita Eagan, lets build our own marquee players, look at the players Penrith have lost over the years, and they have won 3 titles plus all lower grades, they couldnt care less because its just the next man up. Get our Juniors to where they should be and the club will prosper, We are the Dragons, still the most famous Iconic brand, I will not hang my head in shame, now I want to see that fight and I want to see all of it, if its us against the world then so be it !!!!

maestro1

Bench
A vast majority of Front rowers play their best footy from 29 years +. JWH is 34 years old and is still dominating. The young guys would have learnt so much from AFB.
Tohu Harris 31 and killing them. Jesse Bromwich is 34 and looking evergreen. Joseph Tarpine from the Raiders is 29 and he is a machine. Our pack, more than any other, needed ADF. Football games are won by teams with the best packs. It's always been the way and always will be. That is why we won in 2020.....Weyman, Jeremy Smith, Ben Creagh, Beau Scott, Costigan, Saffy, Matt Prior and Dean Young. This was an older pack.

TruSaint

Referee
hey here is one for all us Dragons fans and members, F$%k AFB, F$%k Deardon, Manu, Amone and all the rest of them, if Hunt wants to f%$k off then let him. I'd much rather watch every game where we have guys there that want to be there and its a 100% effort every week, they bleed red and white, JUNIORS !!! thats our future. If you sit back and think we are not the only club that hasnt signed anyone of note, this waiting for these mercenaries to hopefully sign with us is beyond a joke, we made AFB more than a fair offer, if you are not here for the love of the club then FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOFFFFFF !!!!! Coric Tuitavake Fafita Eagan, lets build our own marquee players, look at the players Penrith have lost over the years, and they have won 3 titles plus all lower grades, they couldnt care less because its just the next man up. Get our Juniors to where they should be and the club will prosper, We are the Dragons, still the most famous Iconic brand, I will not hang my head in shame, now I want to see that fight and I want to see all of it, if its us against the world then so be it !!!!

I do admire you as a poster mate. Love your passion. But let's just take a step back and look at where we are at.

If the Club now can't even "overpay" for players services then the question is why ? We haven't nailed a real target in years.

Wests have demolished their board. Dogs are signing who they want via Gould. Sharks are now a destination. Where exactly do we sit in this food chain ?

We have a Captain that has repeatedly said he wants out. However the part of your post I agree with wholeheartedly is that we should let 2024 be a free hit and let the juniors have a go. Honestly, the way it's panning out what do we have to lose? The spoon ?

This is what a self serving, morally corrupt board has given us.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well, today has been a shit day
To say the least. Like here I am banking on the words of Flanagan that an announcement on AFB will be given before Christmas and when I turned on the Foxsports news on my lap top earlier today I see a picture of AFB and then I scroll down a bit to see "Breaking" and I thought, yes, this is it and scroll down further and see that he has signed with the Sharks. Well the Sharks kept quiet that's for sure and they would have had a contract signed about 10 days ago to allow AFB to inform the Warriors as per the cooling off period and no one had any leaks except St Tangles here mentioning the Sharks were favoured to sign him.

When we were showing some interest in signing Connor Tracey, the Sharks baulked at us and said he wasn't available or something like that. Next thing the Bulldogs sign him. No favours that is for sure and I feel resentment of that club like nothing else.

Surely we will get some good news, please. There just has to be.

Illusion

Bench
I think it’s now very clear that we aren’t going to buy our way back up the ladder. We offered AFB 6 million bucks and he said no.
Only way up the ladder is by overachieving with the current mob. Try and win half our games and get some positive media attention.
Then and only then will we potentially buy some top tier players.
It’s going to take a while.
It's taken 12 years to get to where we are now ..... So can Flanno start to improve us with what we have , I hope so , but lurking in the wing is D. Young which was always on the cards to take over ...... Like it or not it will happen ....... Then it starts all over again .......

justadragon

Bench
I do admire you as a poster mate. Love your passion. But let's just take a step back and look at where we are at.

If the Club now can't even "overpay" for players services then the question is why ? We haven't nailed a real target in years.

Wests have demolished their board. Dogs are signing who they want via Gould. Sharks are now a destination. Where exactly do we sit in this food chain ?

We have a Captain that has repeatedly said he wants out. However the part of your post I agree with wholeheartedly is that we should let 2024 be a free hit and let the juniors have a go. Honestly, the way it's panning out what do we have to lose? The spoon ?

Thanks mate, I tend to get a bit excited sometimes :) I feel there is nothing we can do about our board, and honestly look at the Richarson theory of building from within, I honestly believe we still have some excellent prospects that will step up under Flannos guidance, I'm not willing to just write off the season without at least seeing what difference he has made, there will be plenty of time for that if things dont change.

Illusion

Bench

Wests have demolished their board use ard. Dogs are signing who they want via Gould. Sharks are now a destination. Where exactly do we sit in this food chain ?

👏👏👏👏

Dragon David

First Grade
It's taken 12 years to get to where we are now ..... So can Flanno start to improve us with what we have , I hope so , but lurking in the wing is D. Young which was always on the cards to take over ...... Like it or not it will happen ....... Then it starts all over again .......
Could be a full circle/cycle. Under Flanno we win the premiership. He decides to go to greener pastures, we get D Young in his place as head coach and he does a Steve Price. Are we likely to get Mary back in the circle of cycle?

Crush

Coach
Nah, D Young won’t take over unless Flanno has gotten us to a place of success first, no way they fire Flanno after failure and hand over to Deano.

maestro1

Bench
..... Let's look at Dean Young's NRL coaching resume.......
+ Took over the Dragons when Mary was sacked. Did he even get a win?
+ Went to Cowboys as an assistant. They had a good season. The following season they were very poor and failed to make the 8 after most pundits had them easily in the 8.
+ Has come back to the Dragons and at time of writing, has not brought one player from the cowboys with him.

This is all well and good, but there is absolutely nothing in that that screams "our next head coach".

The only thing that is screaming that is "Young" (surname). I'm absolutely certain there are many other options that would do as well, if not better. But at the Dragons, all the opportunities go to family and friends.

SnowDragon

Juniors
hey here is one for all us Dragons fans and members, F$%k AFB, F$%k Deardon, Manu, Amone and all the rest of them, if Hunt wants to f%$k off then let him. I'd much rather watch every game where we have guys there that want to be there and it’s a 100% effort every week, they bleed red and white, JUNIORS !!! thats our future. If you sit back and think we are not the only club that hasnt signed anyone of note, this waiting for these mercenaries to hopefully sign with us is beyond a joke, we made AFB more than a fair offer, if you are not here for the love of the club then FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOFFFFFF !!!!! Coric Tuitavake Fafita Eagan, lets build our own marquee players, look at the players Penrith have lost over the years, and they have won 3 titles plus all lower grades, they couldnt care less because its just the next man up. Get our Juniors to where they should be and the club will prosper, We are the Dragons, still the most famous Iconic brand, I will not hang my head in shame, now I want to see that fight and I want to see all of it, if its us against the world then so be it !!!!
I’m with you Justadragon.

f**k em all! I just want to see the guys play with heart. 1 or 2 targeted signings would be great, but the build has to occur from within.

Latest posts