What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

qld redvee

Juniors
Zane Tetevano the replacement for RFM I think? They must be about to shaft another I guess?
isnt topine the player that was involved in the fiasco of turning up late , i think dogs are probably going to reach an agreement with him as there would be so much baggage from the incident both parties need to move on

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints have 30 registered. The extra person on the list provided on the Zero Tackle website is Cody Ramsey who is not part of the 30. Turner leaving makes it 29. That works out great as Flanno can add a hooker if one comes up. That is the position that there are short of.

I heard the other day that the PNG hooker (Ipaapo I think his name is) from the ESL (Leigh Leopards) that Saints were after is out for the season with injury. Saints should see if Bronco's will release Corey Paix. He seems to be on the outer with all their hookers they have and will be a handy pickup for Saints.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Saints have 30 registered. The extra person on the list provided on the Zero Tackle website is Cody Ramsey who is not part of the 30. Turner leaving makes it 29. That works out great as Flanno can add a hooker if one comes up. That is the position that there are short of.

I heard the other day that the PNG hooker (Ipaapo I think his name is) from the ESL (Leigh Leopards) that Saints were after is our for the season with injury. Saints should see if Bronco's will release Corey Paix. He seems to be on the outer with all their hookers they have and will be a handy pickup for Saints.
Thanks for the clarification Slippery.

TheRev

Coach
They cleared out Ramsey ages back, its Allan thats still in there, same result though, i.e. we are @ 30 as of right now:

Turner might be the last one we are trying to move on.. possibly Max Feagai if we intend to play Johnson in NSW Cup.. but maybe the Feagais do give us some 1st grade depth for 2024... guess it depends who we are replacing them with... or unless they are trying to get somewhat existing like Glover into the 30.

Its good that we are still working on the roster instead of just accepting that we were stuck for the duration of contract.
Wonder if flanno has anyone in his sights
I have no doubt once the Turner release is finalised, a new signing will be announced.
Personally, hope it is Paix from the Broncos.
I think one more player, more than likely a forward will also be released soon.
That spot will remain open as a just in case that a really high quality player comes on to the market unexpectedly.
Not sure if that Super Rugby player Hugh Renton is still on Flanagan's radar.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Imo if they release turner, they'll keep it free for any potential mid-season signing. I'm thinking they're looking at fringe halfbacks as a priority.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Manly and Roosters are so desperate to go back to Vegas next year (both realise the monetary windfall involved) they have convinced Braith Anasta to push their wagon on NRL 360 on the basis as the two winning teams, they have earnt the right to go back.
Braith you are better than this!

Dragon David

First Grade
Manly and Roosters are so desperate to go back to Vegas next year (both realise the monetary windfall involved) they have convinced Braith Anasta to push their wagon on NRL 360 on the basis as the two winning teams, they have earnt the right to go back.
They have earned the right to two points each in beating Souths and Brisbane respectively. They will have to wait a few more years to get back there to allow other clubs to experience what they have and if any club misses out then to me it will be utterly unfair and will make it a mockery of the clubs that miss out, especially if it is us.

Braith Anasta should shut his gob. Who does he think he is anyway?

The Word

Juniors
Wouldn't worry about it. NRL won't explode in the US. There's literally no interest or money to be made.

maestro1

Bench
On both Fox league shows (NRL360 and Matty Johns Podcast), Fox is already pushing some barrows. The Warriors, Storm and Panthers were offered up on both shows. Matty obviously pushed for the Knights and Fletcher pushed for the Roosters to return.