What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
I'm not too worried about Tamale.. great feet and pretty physical, but hes no guarantee.. he may well end up on the wing.

At this point we have only won 1 game, but it does highlight the double edged sword that if your current players are playing well, you then have to actually retain them also... which will get easier in years to come, but we are still not exactly a premium destination currently.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
The NRL should put a blanket ban on Clubs approaching players from March 1st to around Round 6 and let the Clubs and players just get on with concentrating on a good start to the season. Tell the media to f**k off as well.
It's ridiculous how much distraction this shit is causing everyone.
it’s also so boring; just feeds and justify all the over reporting on the game. Let’s get back to talking about football!

BLM01

First Grade
The NRL should put a blanket ban on Clubs approaching players from March 1st to around Round 6 and let the Clubs and players just get on with concentrating on a good start to the season. Tell the media to f**k off as well.
It's ridiculous how much distraction this shit is causing everyone.
They wont. Keeps people employed on all sides

BLM01

First Grade
JD has his hands full.
Yep and of course the interview for Souths supporters was all about Latrell not the team.
No big issue of course, some have accidentally done that sort of stuff before but I reckon under the current PC NRL perfect role model machine that was a "Grade 2 Intentional", big fine and 4 weeks :)
Just waiting for the outraged and media mob to say how that is not a good look for all those eyes on the game and throw daggers at him. If the shoe fits....na all we get is crickets
It is Latrell and a struggling Souths. I can see the broom and carpet lifting slightly now
Just imagine if a fringe player did that or dare I say it a Dragon player ;) . Ch9 and Fox would be in meltdown

Lennyb

Juniors
Yep and of course the interview for Souths supporters was all about Latrell not the team.
No big issue of course, some have accidentally done that sort of stuff before but I reckon under the current PC NRL perfect role model machine that was a "Grade 2 Intentional", big fine and 4 weeks :)
Just waiting for the outraged and media mob to say how that is not a good look for all those eyes on the game and throw daggers at him. If the shoe fits....na all we get is crickets
It is Latrell and a struggling Souths. I can see the broom and carpet lifting slightly now
Just imagine if a fringe player did that or dare I say it a Dragon player ;) . Ch9 and Fox would be in meltdown
Mainstream media is an old school regime in the eyes of the younger generation.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
The NRL needs characters in the game ( except Saints players) that will be the excuse

kit66

Bench
it’s also so boring; just feeds and justify all the over reporting on the game. Let’s get back to talking about football!

They can't help themselves. I was trying to watch the Parra vs Panthers game last night and the Ch9 commentators, including Gus, would not shut up talking about everything but the game. We had Penrith attacking 5 metres from Parras line and Gus, Joey and Bracey (?) were going on about the upcoming Easts vs Manly game and other things totally sucking any drama out of the game they're meant to be calling. They've got the rest of the week on a dozen different NRL themed shows and panels and blogs to talk shit about whatever "controversary" or other aspects of the game so it would be nice if they'd just concentrate when calling a live game. You watch, they'll start with all the Origin bullshit during the Easts vs Manly game, guaranteed.

That little "interview" with Lattrell, Ch9 were under no obligation to broadcast that, the Producer could have cut to something else like ads or replays or whatever they liked. Too juicy I guess.

justadragon

Bench
Agree. I’d be surprised if he’s the starting 7 next week. Was far from good
I suppose todays game sums up why Flanno wasnt too fussed about letting him go. And the thoughts of Sullivan being a better half under Benji doesnt look like its amounting to much, he's not even doing the basics right. I wish him all the best, but my advice to him would be stop trying to be a show pony.

redv13

Bench
I suppose todays game sums up why Flanno wasnt too fussed about letting him go. And the thoughts of Sullivan being a better half under Benji doesnt look like its amounting to much, he's not even doing the basics right. I wish him all the best, but my advice to him would be stop trying to be a show pony.
Yeah I like Sulli and I wish him all the best moving forward but I wasn’t reaching for the razor blades when he left for the tigers.

That try that he conceded from the penalty tap on the blindside was absolutely horrible for a first grader

justadragon

Bench
Yeah I like Sulli and I wish him all the best moving forward but I wasn’t reaching for the razor blades when he left for the tigers.

That try that he conceded from the penalty tap on the blindside was absolutely horrible for a first grader
Absolutely redv13, I think both player and coach have to take the blame on that one, if things dont improve and Luai is there next year, you wont see Sullivan in the starting side.

Latest posts