What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

blacksafake

First Grade
I like how they make a comment about the results his season I below pa but no reference to the last five or six yrs which is typical spin

And I also heard yesterday one of the reasons or the main reason BJ left is the board did not want to make a lot of Gus’s recommendations to fix the whole club up which again due to self interest does not surprise me whatever they were
And remember Gus was never asked to make an assessment of whether the coach should stay or go.
And Yes Gus may himself have been part of the fixup which is probably also a bit of self interest from him but he would’ve been better than what we’ve got in the football dept ATM
Which probably explains some of the cryptic things Gus has been saying on Twitter such as it’s not all McGregors fault, there are other reasons which he can’t go into as it’s between him, the board. & BJ. Just maybe the board brushed off his opinion which is why he’s not completely blaming the coach.??

randomdragon

Juniors
Apparently this was the leagues clubs turnover last year. And they say we have no money with Andrew Gordon worth 700m?

Attachments

• 2579ADC6-FE65-447D-8E46-2F1942663C22.png
    2579ADC6-FE65-447D-8E46-2F1942663C22.png
    705.4 KB · Views: 29

Gareth67

First Grade
Unfortunately McNOIDEA continues to relive those memories in his head & has fooled himself into believing he can coach because Bellamy once said,"we were the bench marks." ( I can still see his smug smile when he said "thats nice to hear". He neglects to remember how we were quickly worked out by other teams & he didn't have another game plan. We then lost the majority of the remaining games & just scraped into the finals due to our earlier wins & going out 1st round if I recall?

Just so Slippery 5 , that - Bellamy’s comment that were intended to get the Dragons in a false mind set and of course the all important Plan ‘ B ‘ , which Mary still has not come up with after 7 long seasons .

getsmarty

Immortal
Board is f**ked. That said, I don't see this as an endorsement of Mary at all. It's a "we f**ked up and have no money for another coach on top of this payout" situation. I don't doubt they are working on a new coach in 2022, hopefully 2021.

Extending him in 2019 was really the dumbest thing I've ever seen this club do. They've completely backed themselves into a corner

They claim they have no money...how on earth would you allegedly offer McGregor a contract similar to robinson at the Roosters ( in terms of money ) and then not insert a performance clause ?...

I don't buy it...stinks...

ChocOConnor

Juniors
They have the money and the assets. They own property upwards of 60 million plus the Taj Mahal which if put to market could command some astronomical amount due to the size and area.

like I said elsewhere this review was never performed. Nothing nudder zero zilch was done other than a chat to 2 players Mcinnes and Graham. Please I am happy for anyone to prove me wrong but I can assure you it was not done. I asked Gus this and he blocked me straight away. I said i know who you spoke to and he blocks me

denis preston

First Grade
Apparently this was the leagues clubs turnover last year. And they say we have no money with Andrew Gordon worth 700m?

How ironic.The St George Leagues club was founded in the 1950's to support the football club.The board of directors were on both leagues & football clubs as they were one of the same. It used to be like this until the late 70's ? They both act somewhat independently and grants have gone from 1.5 mill a year down to ??? Instead of being a "Politis " type resource for the football club in instances like this , it is as if the Leagues club was just a huge RSL not directly connected as far as the football club is concerned. AND why is Gordon snr so tight with his money as he has steadfast refused to put more cash in from his initial takeover amount.
Perhaps Bruce has got the shits with his son's plaything and is very suss on how the Board is running things but going any further would implicate his dim witted offspring.

BLM01

First Grade
Which probably explains some of the cryptic things Gus has been saying on Twitter such as it’s not all McGregors fault, there are other reasons which he can’t go into as it’s between him, the board. & BJ. Just maybe the board brushed off his opinion which is why he’s not completely blaming the coach.??
I have no doubt in my mind Gus told them some real home truths about how the club has been run and what it needs to do which is basicallyin part a shot at the board and they would not have been happy remembering it was Mary and BJ that instigated Gus coming not the board so they might shove their finger up at Gus’s recommendations or some of them anyway. Some harsh truths were told to Mc0 and he maybe trying to implement them but we all know he’s not up to it
The truth hurts and this board for some time has had it coming to it

Dragon David

First Grade
I have no doubt in my mind Gus told them some real home truths about how the club has been run and what it needs to do which is basicallyin part a shot at the board and they would not have been happy remembering it was Mary and BJ that instigated Gus coming not the board so they might shove their finger up at Gus’s recommendations or some of them anyway. Some harsh truths were told to Mc0 and he maybe trying to implement them but we all know he’s not up to it
The truth hurts and this board for some time has had it coming to it

Up the Board of Directors. What a bloody mess they have created. I am sure not one of them is taking the blame for their shortcomings. They stick to one another like bees to honey and hide behind their iron curtain. Not one of them is prepared to be interviewed. They are money hungry, tightwads who couldn't give a damn about the us fans.

It is amazing. You would think that we were the Directors as we are wanting positive results and the BOD are anything but. They are penny pinching cowards all of them, the useless cretins.

They have made the Dragons the laughing stock of the rugby league world and will go down in history as the worst run club that ever existed. They have made a massive stain on the once glorified club in the world.

No other words can describe my disgust for them.

BLM01

First Grade
Up the Board of Directors. What a bloody mess they have created. I am sure not one of them is taking the blame for their shortcomings. They stick to one another like bees to honey and hide behind their iron curtain. Not one of them is prepared to be interviewed. They are money hungry, tightwads who couldn't give a damn about the us fans.

It is amazing. You would think that we were the Directors as we are wanting positive results and the BOD are anything but. They are penny pinching cowards all of them, the useless cretins.

They have made the Dragons the laughing stock of the rugby league world and will go down in history as the worst run club that ever existed. They have made a massive stain on the once glorified club in the world.

No other words can describe my disgust for them.
Harsh but fair but the fact it is near impossible for it to be held accountable by its members and fans from Red V support to leagues club members As they each have their own boards anyway. The footy club board is untouchable in regards to membership based voting. Unless you have been a member for 5? Years and hold a league’s club board position?
Not sure something similar and convoluted like that

Dragon David

First Grade
Harsh but fair but the fact it is near impossible for it to be held accountable by its members and fans from Red V support to leagues club members As they each have their own boards anyway. The footy club board is untouchable in regards to membership based voting. Unless you have been a member for 5? Years and hold a league’s club board position?
Not sure something similar and convoluted like that
Based on this stupidity, which I know has been the case, we have no chance in the world of ever becoming a force again in this competition. I might as well give up following the club which I have wholeheartedly followed for nearly 60 years.

We will continue to be the laughing stock and an embarrassment to even say that I am a fan of the Dragons now.

RedVDave

First Grade
Rumours continue to circulate that their is player unrest due to the Jack de Belin saga, if this is true why not just tear up his contract sure he may be innocent but he shouldn't of been dumb enough to get into this position in the first place.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Rumours continue to circulate that their is player unrest due to the Jack de Belin saga, if this is true why not just tear up his contract sure he may be innocent but he shouldn't of been dumb enough to get into this position in the first place.
I've been saying it since last year. JDB being at training every single day is cultivating an absolutely toxic work environment and there is zero reason for him to be there

RedVDave

First Grade
I've been saying it since last year. JDB being at training every single day is cultivating an absolutely toxic work environment and there is zero reason for him to be there

Yes 100% agree just tear up the contract on move on he's off contract at seasons end anyway what if he decides to piss off to another club? Then we will look really stupid.

No to mention he has already chewed through 2 seasons worth of money to do sweet bugger all.

Latest posts