What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
He renegged on an agreement with rugby union, took his former bosses to court. I'd say the NRL would be very unlikely to open the door for him.Where are these rumours?
Didn't SBW walk out of a Bulldogs contract and then join the Roosters with NRL blessing. And now again gets NRL blessing even though his recruitment by the Roosters is outside of NRL rules; they gave the chooks a special exemption.

No special treatment for the Dragons who copped the full brunt of the NRL's De Belin's stand down police implemented retrospectively. Give me a break.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Ramsey and Schiller are yet to play a game in first grade and with not Canterbury Cup games being played right now, it would be a big call to compare either one of these players to Falou.

I would love to see Falou signed for the next 3 years. It is time our management team look to form a winning roster full of the best possible talent, rather than a mediocre squad who struggle to compete week to week.

A healthy mix of talanted juniors and about 3 marquee players is the way to go. If we put Falou in our back 5, and two new marquee players in our forward pack and with a good new coach, we would give the 2021 competition a good shake. Just imagine a backline of:
1. Falou
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Schiller
6. Dufty
7. Clune

So much youth, speed and strike power. Our fans would truely be entertained by this lot.

So if I was either Ramsey or Schiller and no chance of the Fullback spot at the Dragons, then I would be looking elsewhere.

Also we wold have the second Feagai brother that looks like a beast on the wing.

The Roosters would have no problem putting 19yr and 20yrs old boys into First grade, we on the other hand want people with 100 plus NRL experience. This policy has not worked.

Also, I think our current wingers have improved out of sight over the past 6 - 12 months so they are amongst our best players most weeks.

No to Falou.

Walpole

Juniors
Ramsey and Schiller are yet to play a game in first grade and with not Canterbury Cup games being played right now, it would be a big call to compare either one of these players to Falou.

I would love to see Falou signed for the next 3 years. It is time our management team look to form a winning roster full of the best possible talent, rather than a mediocre squad who struggle to compete week to week.

A healthy mix of talanted juniors and about 3 marquee players is the way to go. If we put Falou in our back 5, and two new marquee players in our forward pack and with a good new coach, we would give the 2021 competition a good shake. Just imagine a backline of:
1. Falou
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Schiller
6. Dufty
7. Clune

So much youth, speed and strike power. Our fans would truely be entertained by this lot.
Am I imagining things or do you change your backline every time a new name gets mentioned?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Didn't SBW walk out of a Bulldogs contract and then join the Roosters with NRL blessing. And now again gets NRL blessing even though his recruitment by the Roosters is outside of NRL rules; they gave the chooks a special exemption.

No special treatment for the Dragons who copped the full brunt of the NRL's De Belin's stand down police implemented retrospectively. Give me a break.
The situation with Folau is a little different. I don't recall SBW trying to sue his former employer.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Kingsgrove South 1960

Started in Hurstville Forest Road 1960 then moved to Kingsgrove premises 1961. An original student at Kingsgrove High School.or as it was called Kingsgrove South in those days.. My grandparents and family owned a Dairy in Hurstville in the early half of the last century.

Love my Dragons:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

Coffs dragon

Bench
Lived in the mighty St.George district heartland for the first 40 years of my life. Mainly in Blakehurst.... & walking distance to the old Seabreeze Hotel.
Use to watch the Saints train down at Todd Park - Carr’s Park and then the players would meet at the pub to cool off.

After Blakehurst , I spent around 10 years moving between Hurstville & Penshurst.

I finally left Sydney over 20 years ago & moved North to the Coffs Coast region by the Beach.
Never looked back & I almost cry whenever I go back and see the changes for the worst.

Como Connection

First Grade
Kingsgrove South 1960

Started in Hurstville Forest Road 1960 then moved to Kingsgrove premises 1961. An original student at Kingsgrove High School.or as it was called Kingsgrove South in those days.. My grandparents and family owned a Dairy in Hustville in the early half of the last century.

There was a dairy that was in Donald Street and backed on to Patrick Street, not far were I grew up, was that it?
CC

jak

Bench
Kingsgrove South 1960

Started in Hurstville Forest Road 1960 then moved to Kingsgrove premises 1961. An original student at Kingsgrove High School.or as it was called Kingsgrove South in those days.. My grandparents and family owned a Dairy in Hustville in the early half of the last century.

was the dairy farm in millet st near where dominelli ford where/are

Como Connection

First Grade
I lived in McPherson Street which ran parallel to Stoney Creek Road, we used to play in the park just down from your Grandparents dairy.
Small world hey.
CC
Plus on Sunday the wife and myself were off to Marrickville to visit her brother and I drive thru the old area for old time sake and drove past the old dairy and told her about it.
How is that hey.
CC

Last edited:

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
Plus on Sunday the wife and myself were off to Marrickville to visit her brother and I drive thru the old area for old time sake and drove past the old dairy and told her about it.
How is that hey.
CC

A top spot opposite the park.Many a game of cricket and league every arvo with the mates in that area.Used to mow lawns in McPherson st when Bob a Job week came around.I go walking in the old area often as I now live near Bexley Golf Course a place where we used to collect golf balls for pocket money whilst in our youth.Would not swap those days for quids.