What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Maddragon99

Juniors
Under the correct coaching and with a forward pack that plays something other than the "power" game Mc Innes will surpass anything Hunt can do at Hooker.

The Hunt to hooker thought process is all about people justifying a half that isn't firing as was the case with Norman to FB.

Almost all the praise for Hunt at 9 comes of a few kicks out of dummy half (shame he can't kick well in the 7 jumper) and with Sowie on board I am positive Mc Innes will learn that craft very well.

Hunt & Norman are halves and nothing else and thank god for Hook who will play them at 7 & 6 and if the don't cut it they will be playing 7 & 6 in CC.

I agree McInnes is the better 9 but at some point economic realities need to kick in when managing the salary cap. Hunt is contracted to end ‘23 where else can you play him if not at 9?

ALSGI

Bench
I agree McInnes is the better 9 but at some point economic realities need to kick in when managing the salary cap. Hunt is contracted to end ‘23 where else can you play him if not at 9?
Hook’s already said he doesn’t care how much a player’s being paid, so economic realities are out the window.
Hoping our big ticket players really play to their salaries this year, and if they don’t I hope Hook’s serious.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Hook’s already said he doesn’t care how much a player’s being paid, so economic realities are out the window.
Hoping our big ticket players really play to their salaries this year, and if they don’t I hope Hook’s serious.

Well that’s all well & good but salary cap management is absolutely critical to success so at some point economic realities need to be addressed.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Economic reality is we have Hunt for 3 more years. Where he plays or even if he plays is of little consequence. He still gets paid the same wether he plays NRL, CC or sits on the sideline.

If he's playing sh*t football why should he and we insist he play at NRL level, particularly, if someone else is starring in any role he could play.

This same scenario can be attributed to Norman or any player for that matter.

Hunt knows he wont get the same $$$ anywhere, hence he recently enforced his player option.

In saying all that, I expect Hunt to really put his 'best foot forward' at 7 in 2021. His performance will be critical to us even contemplating a finals berth.

jak

Bench
Economic reality is we have Hunt for 3 more years. Where he plays or even if he plays is of little consequence. He still gets paid the same wether he plays NRL, CC or sits on the sideline.

If he's playing sh*t football why should he and we insist he play at NRL level, particularly, if someone else is starring in any role he could play.

This same scenario can be attributed to Norman or any player for that matter.

Hunt knows he wont get the same $$$ anywhere, hence he recently enforced his player option.

In saying all that, I expect Hunt to really put his 'best foot forward' at 7 in 2021. His performance will be critical to us even contemplating a finals berth.
agree with you mate but these days the size of there contract dictates what grade you play

Old Timer

Coach
Well that’s all well & good but salary cap management is absolutely critical to success so at some point economic realities need to be addressed.
The reality is simple forget about the economics.

If he is not in form in his natural position then you don't play him regardless of his cap value. Encourage him to find his form in CC and force his way back into the side.

Just because he costs a lot of $$$ and is not playing well in his natural position doesn't mean that you move him to another position in some strange effort to get some value out of him.

If he is a dud then that's what he is and people need to realise that.

That's exactly the point that Mc Fookknuckle failed to get through his head and it cost our "team" plenty week in week out as he continued to pick failed players and move other players just so he could accommodate those that needed to be dropped.

BLM01

First Grade
agree with you mate but these days the size of there contract dictates what grade you play
True..but sometimes it is about a club being embarrassed and wont admit to mistakes in judgement they may have made In recruitment..then to smother they tell his manager to find a deal elsewhere to make it about the player, not their mistake.
This happens everywhere in NRL and by no means is this a reference to Hunt..but some other names I can think of in our squad over many yerars spring to mind.

jak

Bench
True..but sometimes it is about a club being embarrassed and wont admit to mistakes in judgement they may have made In recruitment..then to smother they tell his manager to find a deal elsewhere to make it about the player, not their mistake.
This happens everywhere in NRL and by no means is this a reference to Hunt..but some other names I can think of in our squad over many yerars spring to mind.
in my opinion you just brought up the biggest problem in the nrl , THE MANAGER

BLM01

First Grade
in my opinion you just brought up the biggest problem in the nrl , THE MANAGER
Oh yes.. and the game going pro
Sorry that is just coming from a deep old mans wound and frustration.. ignore that last bit

Reactions: jak

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Just my personal opinion on the great Cameron Smith .seems to me his boss is flying to Queensland to talk to the world's best referee,nobody knows what the f**k Cameron is doing not the least his employers,oh yes mr Smith you really do love yourself .....

Dragon David

First Grade
Broncos are interested in signing not one - but both Smiths , the ref and Branden .

Surely their sombrero must be as large as the Rorters ? :thinking:
Wouldn't that be the same scenario they already have at the Storm, although, the Storm are getting Harry Grant back who they probably see as the next "C Smith" but doesn't kick goals?

If the Broncos have the money under the sombrero for both of them, B Smith will be on the bench with McCullough if C Smith is the hooker, captain. Somehow I don't think McCullough and B Smith would like that but that is not our problem.

Our problem is to get our guys ready and steady and going with the right attitude to the last minute of every game. Full commitment to the Dragons is needed by the players.

Dragon David

First Grade
Wouldn't that be the same scenario they already have at the Storm, although, the Storm are getting Harry Grant back who they probably see as the next "C Smith" but doesn't kick goals?

If the Broncos have the money under the sombrero for both of them, B Smith will be on the bench with McCullough if C Smith is the hooker, captain. Somehow I don't think McCullough and B Smith would like that but that is not our problem.

Our problem is to get our guys ready and steady and going with the right attitude to the last minute of every game. Full commitment to the Dragons is needed by the players.
Even more important now to commit to the end of each game with the new rules coming in in 2021 as per Dragonslayers thread.

Latest posts