What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Just reading FoxSport , apparently the Eel’s fullback Gutherson is demanding his next contract be around the $1 mill. mark .

He is free to negotiate come November , I wonder if the Dragons would be able to afford that sort of money ?

He would certainly solve many of our problems .
we would def loose Sloane , and 1 Mill is huge considering the cap will drop

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Just reading FoxSport , apparently the Eel’s fullback Gutherson is demanding his next contract be around the $1 mill. mark .

He is free to negotiate come November , I wonder if the Dragons would be able to afford that sort of money ?

He would certainly solve many of our problems .
Surely they are quoting his salary demands in Japanese Yen, not $Dollars. Gutherson = $1M a season. Good luck mate!

Dragon David

First Grade
Surely they are quoting his salary demands in Japanese Yen, not $Dollars. Gutherson = $1M a season. Good luck mate!
Some of the guys have managers who like to hang tickets on their clients and they also have the hide to say that certain clubs are very interested in signing these $1M players when it is all a lot of crap. Gutherson would be a handy fullback for a club like us, but not at the "asking" price. A player is worth a lot of moolah if his heart and soul is dedicated and committed to a club and not just for taking the coin and doing only what is needed rather than giving it his all.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
Some of the guys have managers who like to hang tickets on their clients and they also have the hide to say that certain clubs are very interested in signing these $1M players when it is all a lot of crap. Gutherson would be a handy fullback for a club like us, but not at the "asking" price. A player is worth a lot of moolah if his heart and soul is dedicated and committed to a club and not just for taking the coin and doing only what is needed rather than giving it his all.
Dave, I know we have all said it and thought it over the last several years, but aren't these Player Managers a pitiful bunch? And how spineless are the NRL in terms of their lack of scrutiny of these parasites?

Gareth67

First Grade
At the end of the day he will be in for a huge letdown , as the price he is apparently asking for his services is too rich and I cannot see the Eels paying it , however he will still remain an eel .

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The question for me is.....if Hynes is that good, why are Melb letting him go, and so easily? Bellamy is no fool when it comes to his playing roster.
Part of not being a fool is realising you can't keep them all- He couldn't promise both Pap and Hynes a starting full-back position and neither would have been happy being a bench warmer.
Ironically, Hynes' goalkicking has developed to the point where, with his utility skills, he is arguably a more valuable player than Pap- could this prove to be a decision Bellamy regrets? Only time will tell.

dragonfire

Bench
Part of not being a fool is realising you can't keep them all- He couldn't promise both Pap and Hynes a starting full-back position and neither would have been happy being a bench warmer.
Ironically, Hynes' goalkicking has developed to the point where, with his utility skills, he is arguably a more valuable player than Pap- could this prove to be a decision Bellamy regrets? Only time will tell.

The decision was already made but i think Pap is one solid concussion from being close to calling it. I know that it seems Belly is giving more time to Pap as the fullback but I would stick with Hynes for this year and Pap on bench as utility

Dragon David

First Grade
Dave, I know we have all said it and thought it over the last several years, but aren't these Player Managers a pitiful bunch? And how spineless are the NRL in terms of their lack of scrutiny of these parasites?
The problem is Rob that some of the NRL people are possibly managed by these same parasites. That is what they are just living off the earnings of others.

Gareth67

First Grade
Off track I realize , however I thought that I would sneak this one in - Sharks Will Chambers apparently is getting under the skin of his teammates with his trash - talk to opponents .

I wonder if he is the type of player that Fitzgibbons would truly wish to have in his team ? The mouth could very well find himself looking for a new home if he doesn’t shut his big gob .

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Off track I realize , however I thought that I would sneak this one in - Sharks Will Chambers apparently is getting under the skin of his teammates with his trash - talk to opponents .

I wonder if he is the type of player that Fitzgibbons would truly wish to have in his team ? The mouth could very well find himself looking for a new home if he doesn’t shut his big gob .
Could never stand Chambers but he went up a point or two in my estimations after what he allegedly said to Dylan Walker.

I think Hynes will struggle outside of the Storm system. I really hope so anyway. F&&k the sharks.