What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mojo

Bench
There’s a chance then.
There‘s always wisdom in hindsight. Therein lies the problem. In vino veritas - and when the veritas is not good, it goes a long way to explaining excessive in vino tendencies. You can’t change people’s past but you can influence their future. Rehab via rugby league is possible but it’s intensive hard work. I think the Dragons need to focus on the game and leave the deep psych work to the pros in that arena. We’ve got enough to keep us busy doing the rehab on winning footy games.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Also a no from me. The club doesn’t need more centres & need to avoid players with off-field concerns. That might be harsh, but it’s needed for recruitment & retention.
Who knows what the club is thinking! Maybe Lomax is going to have another go at fullback in the early rounds:
Lomax / Sloan
Ramsey / Matt Feagai
Scott / Bird
Sulli / Max feagai
Ravalawa

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I was an absolute fkhead until about 23. I turned out ok.

How old is Scott?
Yep I'd take him for sure. He is just as worth a punt as Bird and Macca were with their injury concerns. If he can finally hit his straps and shake off the behaviour then we could have an origin standard centre on our books for very cheap. If he plays up, I'm sure he will have plenty of clauses and will be sacked and easily replaced by the Ramsey's and Feagai's of the world. I don't know where they plan on playing him though with Suli rumoured and I also don't know where Bird plays next year but it's going to be a far more potent side next season. Imagine how handy Scott would have been while Lomax was out this season.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
I think it's more a question of can we, as a club afford to be the league pariah for three years running? Not death riding the guy but say he mucks up, how are we going to answer all the questions being asked about culture? After everything that's happened these past few years with JDB, Folou and BBQgate I reckon we keep our heads down and focus on the talent we have. It's a shame because I rate him, but alcohol is just the worst.

blacksafake

First Grade
I think it's more a question of can we, as a club afford to be the league pariah for three years running? Not death riding the guy but say he mucks up, how are we going to answer all the questions being asked about culture? After everything that's happened these past few years with JDB, Folou and BBQgate I reckon we keep our heads down and focus on the talent we have. It's a shame because I rate him, but alcohol is just the worst.
Good post

denis preston

First Grade
Our sponsors may make the decision for us !

qld redvee

Juniors
He's a very talented player. We'll be seeing him playing against us unfortunately.
I think he comes from that area ( not sure) i suppose with covid and no game time contracts are lapsing. seemed like a great prospect when we signed him , pity we didnt get to see him play in reserves

qld redvee

Juniors
Yep I'd take him for sure. He is just as worth a punt as Bird and Macca were with their injury concerns. If he can finally hit his straps and shake off the behaviour then we could have an origin standard centre on our books for very cheap. If he plays up, I'm sure he will have plenty of clauses and will be sacked and easily replaced by the Ramsey's and Feagai's of the world. I don't know where they plan on playing him though with Suli rumoured and I also don't know where Bird plays next year but it's going to be a far more potent side next season. Imagine how handy Scott would have been while Lomax was out this season.
FCD,
we need back up players so to get scott for minimum dollars ( train and trial contract like beale) with plenty of clauses the clubs way would have to be of benefit . If he performs to his best a very handy back up for injuries and also gives experience in the reserves. worth a chance for a year . I would still like another prop also

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
FCD,
we need back up players so to get scott for minimum dollars ( train and trial contract like beale) with plenty of clauses the clubs way would have to be of benefit . If he performs to his best a very handy back up for injuries and also gives experience in the reserves. worth a chance for a year . I would still like another prop also
You can never have too many props. I am hoping either Alvaro, Kerr or even Faumausili shake off 2021 and provide that vital bench option though. All started the year strongly but faded.

Inisai Toga

Juniors

Probably the wrong place for this but an interest read none the less
Interestingly, the article says the early seventies were lean years. 1970-75 consisted of two Grand Finals; two Finals and a Semi-Final. Wouldn’t mind more of those ‘lean years’…

Last edited:

Trifili13

Juniors

possm

Coach
If Sims is with us for 2022 and we manage to sign Moses Suli from Manly, then our attack will move up another notch and hopefully the fade out towards the end of the season will not continue.

Our problem will again be defense. Suli will need to up his skills in this area and Bird will need to concentrate in this area if he is to be in the run-on side.

My preference early in the season is to test Lomax at fullback with Scott and Suli as our center combination:

First Grade
1. Lomax
2. Ramsey
3. Scott
4. Suli
5. Ravelawa i
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. Molo
9. Smith
10. Sims
11. Su'A