What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

thebigredv

First Grade
Sadly I have to agree with that summation. I personally hope it was a one off, given the effort the previous week.

I know it's a new season but I dare say it was a performance much like last year and the year before that. At home in a derby and that is what is dished up.

I doubt it's a one off unfortunately.

thebigredv

First Grade
Yep, we shall see. Too early for me to join the lynch mob just yet, but it will come if improvements aren’t seen on a consistent basis.

Fair enough it's early days. No idea where we go from here if we don't improve. The divide between the strong and the weak teams is massive. Changing a coach or a few players won't necessarily bring success.

Rod Coil

Juniors
Fair enough it's early days. No idea where we go from here if we don't improve. The divide between the strong and the weak teams is massive. Changing a coach or a few players won't necessarily bring success.
100% agree with you. Personally I am still recovering from the imposter McFlop over 12 months on, so I have a little blind faith as anything is better than that 7 year charade.

thebigredv

First Grade
100% agree with you. Personally I am still recovering from the imposter McFlop over 12 months on, so I have a little blind faith as anything is better than that 7 year charade.

Oh this is still better than those years no doubt. things had become diabolical under Mary.

How we get back to being a proud club is the baffler for mine. Right now it feels like the comp has left us behind. The board have a lot to answer for. No you can't be in it every year but 11 years out to sea is inexcusable.

thebigredv

First Grade
Seems to me some of you supporters expect championship calibre off the bat it doesn't work that way guys lessons need to be learnt it's a totally new team it will take time tick tick

Did you just copy paste that from 2, 5 or 7 years ago. Been hearing for a while to be fair.

The apologists need to come up with new arguments. I've noticed they've been very quiet actually. Or maybe of the fans calling it as it is - simply not good enough.

BBTB

Juniors
Seems to me some of you supporters expect championship calibre off the bat it doesn't work that way guys lessons need to be learnt it's a totally new team it will take time tick tick
That's true, but let them learn in Reserve grade. We have seen Gasnier, Cooper, Creigh all come up to 1st grade.Starting on the wing, "one at a time", definitely not all together, and not in the spine. Also I'm thinking these guys have hardly played Reserve grade at all.So haven't played against men.

Dragon David

First Grade
That's true, but let them learn in Reserve grade. We have seen Gasnier, Cooper, Creigh all come up to 1st grade.Starting on the wing, "one at a time", definitely not all together, and not in the spine. Also I'm thinking these guys have hardly played Reserve grade at all.So haven't played against men.
The youngsters looked really good in the SG Ball, Jersey Flegg but too early for first grade. Them standing out in the lower competitions do not equate to being top first graders - not yet anyway. We thought that Field and Dufty were our answer. To some degree Dufty stood out moreso than Field but in the end Dufty didn't cut the mustard with his defence and attitude deficiencies and it was goodbye. Miss his attack though but that doesn't win us the games.

Other teams have worked out our new guys and youngsters already and know how to defend against them. At the moment we do not have any workable counter attack/defence strategy.

If rumours are right from Buzz's news that Hook is ridding a couple of players immediately - could one of them be Burgess?

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
If rumours are right from Buzz's news that Hook is ridding a couple of players immediately - could one of them be Burgess?
I doubt anyone would touch Burgess while he is under his current legal cloud. If he is found guilty, then his career is over. If found not guilty then I think he still has the potential to be of benefit to our forward pack - as long as his case doesn't drag on forever.
There are plenty of players that could be moved on in my opinion : Faamasuli(?) has been a huge disappointment for me, Alvaro is fringe first grade at best. Maybe move 2 on and promote M. Molo, or J. Hunt, maybe even Muhleisen.
Even the rumour that Hook wants to move 2 on means he is unhappy with the contribution of at least 2 of his forwards. I think he must have some targets in mind to replace them if it happens. Maybe this means Hook has a plan? I hope so!