What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

mickeylane

Bench
McGuire deal looking dead now that Nth Qld won’t release Clifford until seasons end. Perhaps the Fifita deal might come back to life but I’d prefer we wait until we have a look at Burns & get a final outcome on the JdB decision.

We seem to be travelling ok at the moment no need to rush into anything.
Round 5 no injuries yet...20 rounds to go..
What happens when Vaughan, Kerr, Sims cop an injury...depth?
we need 2 middle experienced forwards asap...we have enough inexperience in the team

Maddragon99

Juniors
Panthers touched up the Raiders tonight. Looking at the draw we play Penrith round 22 that could be one of the games of the year if we’re playing for a top 4 spot.

Puff

First Grade
We have played no-one yet. Infact we have beaten undermanned Knights, Manly and North Queensland, two of which will be trying to win the spoon this year.

We lost to the Sharks who aren't much chop this year. Forget playing the panthers and the storm. Once we play the likes of the Titans, Canberra etc, we shall see where we are. My thoughts are that our lofty expectations of today will come thudding back down to earth once we play mid table teams.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Undermanned Knights? Before kickoff they were out right favourites and had Ponga and Best out where as Saints had Hunt and Bird. Not our fault they got injuries during the game and teh half time score flattered them as Saints should have been up 12-0 if it were not for the video ref.

The predicted wooden spooners are doing ok to win 3 on the trot.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Forget the score lines, if you watch the way we played it was all effort.

I agree our attack is not a match for the top teams, however watching SIms charge the ball and the kicker and watching Bird rough-up Sulli the other week show me these a new attitude for the Dragons. Seems griffin and co are allowing the players to play what's in-front of them. Mary was all about possession and safety - 5 hits then a kick, and hope the opposition wilt and allow the Dragons to score tries.

Our second rowers are running hard and now are running angles, our front-rowers hitting the line and looking for a pass. and even Norman is running at the line and looking good. We are far from perfect, however I see good signs. Including the ongoing improvement of some of our younger players.

Opposition teams will no longer consider us easy-beats. And that is so much better than we have had for quite some time.

murraymob

Coach
Just think how fired up Griffin will be when he plays the Panthers was going to be a good game no matter the circumstances.
Hope Griffen does not get to fired up can’t see him making many tackles or line busts .He might fall out the coaching box and land on mc Gregors bald head

Maddragon99

Juniors
Easy tiger, let’s not get too crazy now
Penrith aren’t flying under the radar this year with teams now aiming up against them every week plus they are likely contribute a number of players to NSW. Round 22 is a long way off but I don’t think they’ll be as fresh & injury fee as they were last year.

For us 4th is possible but 5th or 6th gives us a home final. A win tomorrow against a good Parra team will have the boys believing anything is possible.

mickeylane

Bench
Penrith aren’t flying under the radar this year with teams now aiming up against them every week plus they are likely contribute a number of players to NSW. Round 22 is a long way off but I don’t think they’ll be as fresh & injury fee as they were last year.

For us 4th is possible but 5th or 6th gives us a home final. A win tomorrow against a good Parra team will have the boys believing anything is possible.
Mark my words...Penrith will get to the big dance again and choke! ...

Latest posts