What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So has anyone heard anything more about us signing Su’a and Hopoate

I believe Sua is either done or very close to being done, 3yr deal is the rumour. Hoppa may have been on the table but with Cotric's injury I doubt that will happen now.

Liddle from WT is one I would chase, and if the Raiders are keen to get Dufty now that Simmonson has a long term injury, I would be negotiating a swap deal with Tapine.

qld redvee

Juniors
News reports that we are looking to sign Taunoa-Brown from the Warriors on a 3 game contract, to help us through the suspensions period. warriors are ok with it as TB hasn't been getting much game time.
Sorry can't post the article.
DS
Like the way Griffin is "approaching " this disaster by trying to get a short time player to bolster the squad reading this kids background we may want to offer him a longer deal as he is getting blocked by lodge and Fonau blake . Lets hope this comes off and a few more to at least give us a bit of hope

SEAT 1A

Bench
I see a lot of people keen for the club to get Pangai but that completely contradicts anything you hat has happened in the last 4 days

Pangai is not who u want to change the culture at your club

Personally they should be looking at Taupau and Finucane

Agree BIG RED.

I feel for the bloke as he has been stuffed around by BNE however, you don't air your dirty clothing in a public forum.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I believe Sua is either done or very close to being done, 3yr deal is the rumour. Hoppa may have been on the table but with Cotric's injury I doubt that will happen now.

Liddle from WT is one I would chase, and if the Raiders are keen to get Dufty now that Simmonson has a long term injury, I would be negotiating a swap deal with Tapine.
I would take that in a heartbeat.

carltonsouth79

First Grade

Paul Kent has just said on 360 that George Burgess has signed with St George tonight and an announcement is imminent
He is a big unit. If he is fit could be a good pick up, even if in-extremis

Su’A will leave South Sydney and has reportedly joined the Dragons for three seasons, from next year.

NRL's website has a similar article too (but its not an official announcment) -

BIG RIG

Juniors
So based off today we can conclude that

George Burgess will be joining the club for 2022 and beyond

Jaydn Su’a will join the club on a 3 year deal starting in 2022

Jamayne Taunoa - Brown will join the club on a 3 match deal

The club has now turned its attention to trying to nab Dale Finucane with the cap space made available by the departure of Paul Vaughan

And the Will Hopoate mid year signing is still quiet murky

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s kind of interesting to read the expectations around the likes of signing Su’a and Burgess. I understand the need for big name signings and all but I just don’t think it is the way forward for your club. As an outsider looking in, I don’t think anything is going to change unless you truly put your faith in junior development. You have a large junior base and really should enjoy a production line of quality kids coming thru, if allowing for proper coaching. I could be wrong I just don’t see a future going forward in supposed marquee signings, who come with issues, on huge money and baggage. Just me I guess.

Latest posts