What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I'm hoping that the Suli deal is a fait accompli but the old saying- once bitten, twice shy applies in this case. If his agent is playing games and spreading rumours of a feeding frenzy of clubs clamouring to sign him to bump his price up , an alternative is emerging. Reports out of Belmore suggest that Gould may try to offload some of their top salary cap drainers such as Nick Cotric. He is out for the season with a toe injury but managed 58 tackle busts (more than any other player) and an average of 130 metres per game before the injury. He won't come cheap. What do others think about him as an alternative to Suli?

Reactions: jak

Maddragon99

Juniors
I'm hoping that the Suli deal is a fait accompli but the old saying- once bitten, twice shy applies in this case. If his agent is playing games and spreading rumours of a feeding frenzy of clubs clamouring to sign him to bump his price up , an alternative is emerging. Reports out of Belmore suggest that Gould may try to offload some of their top salary cap drainers such as Nick Cotric. He is out for the season with a toe injury but managed 58 tackle busts (more than any other player) and an average of 130 metres per game before the injury. He won't come cheap. What do others think about him as an alternative to Suli?
Cotric would be a far more consistent player at wing or centre.

qld redvee

Juniors
cotric would indeed be a nice pick up and would give strike power for the backline . plus versatile enough to play centre fullback if needed ( something we have lacked for a while ) But i dare say he would be on good coin for the next 3 years but to me potentially a better option than suli .. and with all doggies back line recruits he could be surplus to their needs .. I reckon worth a shot if Gus decides not wanted ..
Of course it looks like elliott may get punted from the dogs before anybody else

BLM01

First Grade
As a winger not a centre
He was at his best at Canberra as a winger as well

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
cotric would indeed be a nice pick up and would give strike power for the backline . plus versatile enough to play centre fullback if needed ( something we have lacked for a while ) But i dare say he would be on good coin for the next 3 years but to me potentially a better option than suli .. and with all doggies back line recruits he could be surplus to their needs .. I reckon worth a shot if Gus decides not wanted ..
Of course it looks like elliott may get punted from the dogs before anybody else
True re Elliott but apparently Gus is after the big earners- Cotric is on $600K- more than Addo Carr-according to Zero Tackle.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Freddy Lussick contracted to the Roosters until end ‘22 could definitely be a long term solution to Dummy Half after McCullough moves on. Hunt contracted end ‘23 but Griffin definitely sees Hunt as our halfback.

We’re free to negotiate with Lussick after 1st November but it would be nice if he saw the opportunity with us.

Gareth67

First Grade
Freddy Lussick contracted to the Roosters until end ‘22 could definitely be a long term solution to Dummy Half after McCullough moves on. Hunt contracted end ‘23 but Griffin definitely sees Hunt as our halfback.

We’re free to negotiate with Lussick after 1st November but it would be nice if he saw the opportunity with us.

I have watched him in a few games for the chooks , a very capable young hooker . Although he was playing in a forward pack they knew their business he certainly would not go astray here .

Maddragon99

Juniors
I have watched him in a few games for the chooks , a very capable young hooker . Although he was playing in a forward pack they knew their business he certainly would not go astray here .
He’s stuck behind Verrills who’s only 22, if he wants to be a number one dummy half he’ll have to move on.

Gareth67

First Grade
He’s stuck behind Verrills who’s only 22, if he wants to be a number one dummy half he’ll have to move on.

Being able to kick goals is a great advantage , unfortunately that put Lussick behind the 8 ball , but as you have said may get him over our way on a more permanent basis .

Maddragon99

Juniors
Being able to kick goals is a great advantage , unfortunately that put Lussick behind the 8 ball , but as you have said may get him over our way on a more permanent basis .
You’d have to think there might have been some talk between all parties before the loan deal was done. An apprenticeship under McCullough then taking over in ‘23 makes a lot of sense. McCullough can be parachuted into Super League in ‘23