What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

be55

Juniors

Frustrated Head GIF

boardlumps62

Juniors
Just watched 1996 Dragons v Bears semifinal. Anthony Mundine what a talent then that Superleague Crap and he went to Broncos 1997. That's what happens but in that case might have been Anthony.
Luckily he came back in 1998 after a not so successful time at Broncos.
I hate watching juniors go elsewhere especially when we are looking for out next halves combo.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
How can anyone talk to the kid when he is under contract till end of 2023. Either someone is telling porkies and need some paywall numbers or the dragons have given him permission to negotiate. I don’t think that would be the case even for our club. The dolphins should be fined immediately as buzz and other telegraph journos saying Dolphins recruitment are trying to entice the kid. Something wrong there me thinks

Dragonslayer

First Grade
How can anyone talk to the kid when he is under contract till end of 2023. Either someone is telling porkies and need some paywall numbers or the dragons have given him permission to negotiate. I don’t think that would be the case even for our club. The dolphins should be fined immediately as buzz and other telegraph journos saying Dolphins recruitment are trying to entice the kid. Something wrong there me thinks

Everyone is allowed to talk, they just can't submit a formal offer, state $$ or lengths of contract etc.

stgeorge1

Juniors
Stop reading rubbish and believing it

The Word

Juniors
Same old story as so many other members have spoken about before. The clubs that actually bring the juniors through their systems - Jersey Flegg and onward to the C.Cup , until finally reaching the NRL are constantly targeted by other clubs and what is their reward ?

Nothing whatsoever , it’s bad enough to lose such promising juniors , but the clubs should be reimbursed , say a transfer fee .

I realize that would be going back to the 60’s & 70’s when transfer fees were par for course , however something needs to be done so as to stop the constant plundering of the struggling clubs juniors .

Only the NRL can remedy this situation, they need to take action to prevent this constantly occurring to the clubs that really take care of their youngsters .

The gap between the have and the have-nots is wide enough as it is without having this open wound festering .
Agree with everything you’re saying.

However this story sounds like a load of made up bullshit. It’s just click bait.

Amone has committed to us.

The Word

Juniors
Correct not allowed to talk to him until November 2023 I believe so it’s an absolute load of crap.

twinkletoes

Juniors
The Dolphins have earmarked St George Illawarra young gun Talatau “Junior” Amone as a key target to lead their inaugural NRL campaign.

Amone is contracted to the Dragons until the end of 2023, but the Dolphins hope he could become a free agent earlier given the Red V is facing a halves dilemma of its own. Coach Anthony Griffin has three quality playmakers at his disposal in Ben Hunt, Amone and another promising rookie in Jayden Sullivan.

One of them is going to miss out on a starting spot and the Dolphins are ready to pounce should Amone be the one squeezed out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree with everything you’re saying.

However this story sounds like a load of made up bullshit. It’s just click bait.

Amone has committed to us.
I am most pleased that the youngster has decided to continue with the Dragons , that is at least until the end of 2023 .

However my comment was more about all clubs who find themselves in circumstances whereby a promising junior whom has gone through the ranks only to be courted by another club .

thebigredv

First Grade
Mickeylane has the right idea with the spine. If Hunt is unhappy with that he will have to look at other options. In saying that he would be a great hooker for us.
Macca needs a tap on the shoulder like Merrin

Yes that's what needs to happen, Amone and Sullivan in halves and Hunt to hooker. But you watch, my real fear is Griffin will play Mbye either at hooker or in the halves. We will get no consistency and we will end up losing either Hunt or one of the young halves.