What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

hewi

Bench
I’d take Liddell but then worry that Mulhusen would leave. I’m hearing around Bondi that Keary is not 100% fit and as mentioned has had many knocks . I wouldn’t be surprised if the chooks have used him to the max and will now discard him. They are ruthless

SEAT 1A

Bench
Would signing Keary and JWH now improve the side, yes and adds to Hunts game. Do we win a grade final with Keary and JWH, no.

The club has signed three young guns and Burgess and I'd prefer to wait for long term gain instead of a quick fix and why change the clubs direction of not panic buying players as it hasn't worked.

Spend overs for Crighton and a hooker for sure.

kit66

Bench
Liddle would be another reject. He has quite a bit of zip but he doesn't have the defence like Macca's. We should just stick with Mulheisen.

I had a look at his stats for 2021 and in games he played it was either him or Twal that topped the tackles each week and he often made over 50 a game. His Tackle efficiency is a decent 95.5%.
I'd like to see Mulheisen come through but if Liddle is available on good coin I'd sign him, try him out while bringing Mul into 1sts, or at the very least have him (Liddle) as a back up.

justadragon

Bench
I’d take Liddell but then worry that Mulhusen would leave. I’m hearing around Bondi that Keary is not 100% fit and as mentioned has had many knocks . I wouldn’t be surprised if the chooks have used him to the max and will now discard him. They are ruthless
thats why we would put Muhleisen at 14 next year and move AM to reserves, give the young fellas down there a bit of stability

justadragon

Bench
Would signing Keary and JWH now improve the side, yes and adds to Hunts game. Do we win a grade final with Keary and JWH, no.

The club has signed three young guns and Burgess and I'd prefer to wait for long term gain instead of a quick fix and why change the clubs direction of not panic buying players as it hasn't worked.

Spend overs for Crighton and a hooker for sure.
absolutely agree, for christ sake give the young guns a go and see what happens, i think Crighton will go to rugby

BLM01

First Grade
Would probably be not a bad buy at the right $ and if he is medically sound, could be a good thing for next season with young Mulheisen at 14.
Short term solution if worthy at all.?.
Yet again another reason he is No 3 in the pecking order of already a bottom club for their hookers next year. Dont really need anymore palm offs but for this year or trial basis OKAY

justadragon

Bench
Short term solution if worthy at all.?.
Yet again another reason he is No 3 in the pecking order of already a bottom club for their hookers next year. Dont really need anymore palm offs but for this year or trial basis OKAY
yep see your point, it just worries me that AM is locked in until 2023, we also have Mbye that cold do the job, we just have to find a way to get all our young guys settled into the side, im sure then the whole picture would be a lot clearer.

BLM01

First Grade
yep see your point, it just worries me that AM is locked in until 2023, we also have Mbye that cold do the job, we just have to find a way to get all our young guys settled into the side, im sure then the whole picture would be a lot clearer.
We are talking to Verrels

possm

Coach

Double of 10 or 20 run meters a game still ain't that much though!
I doubt we will find the success our fans are looking for with the current staff at the club. We seem to not have the talent or judgement when it comes to recruiting the right player at the right time.

I've said it before, our squad should be made up of a spine full of marque players of SOO standard. The rest of the 17 should be made up of top-level first-graders.

From that point, we should just backfill our squad with promising juniors.

In 2023 the cap is likely to be in excess of 10m. Our spine 1, 6, 7, and 9 should all be an average of 1m so, that should leave over 6m left for the remained of the squad. The point is to take care of the top 17, especially the spine first of all, and then move to retain and backfill with our most promising juniors.

We are a development club and so, should provide the opportunity to our young guns but not at the expense of the main goal of winning a competition each and every year.

denis preston

First Grade
I had a look at his stats for 2021 and in games he played it was either him or Twal that topped the tackles each week and he often made over 50 a game. His Tackle efficiency is a decent 95.5%.
I'd like to see Mulheisen come through but if Liddle is available on good coin I'd sign him, try him out while bringing Mul into 1sts, or at the very least have him (Liddle) as a back up.
Kit I am hearing that he passes from DH are like Dean Young's and he is injury prone ? Again the best judges of Liddle is the Tigers supporters themselves. How about a couple of comments from them ?

justadragon

Bench
Also no to Verels.
I would put Mulheseiln straight in.
He was very good in trials.
Use Sullivan off the bench to give him a spell.
A very good dummy half combo
I dont like Sullivan used as anything but a halfback, thats what he is, thats how he was brought through juniors and that is where he should be, the longer we keep smashing him around and not allowing him to build into the 7 the worse off we will be in the long run

Dragon David

First Grade
So while the Roosters look to recruit the best available players, the Dragons look to recruit rejects and discards from other clubs.

Add dinosaur Hook as the coach and its a recipe for mediocrity until at least the end of next year.
It has been like this since Adam... well maybe not that far back but, could be when dinosaurs ruled the planet or...... Well for the last 10 years anyway.

We have just one "marquee" signing and he is getting close to his best before or use by date. We need a couple more and much tougher never say die forwards. Keep on saying this over and over don't we?

Coffs dragon

Bench
So while the Roosters look to recruit the best available players, the Dragons look to recruit rejects and discards from other clubs.

Add dinosaur Hook as the coach and its a recipe for mediocrity until at least the end of next year.
You would have to wonder why any player would consider our coaching brains of Griffin, Gentle & Head would improve them.
Last chance saloon, desperation or guaranteed overs on the salary would be the only driving factor.

Our coaching team match their salary…..Low end!