What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Batman251

Juniors
Born in Bankstown but always followed the Dragons. Moved out of Sydney in 1985 to Grafton for 10 years before moving to the dark side (Brisbane Queensland) for 20 years now enjoying retirement in a normal place, Tuncurry. Couldn’t stand Brisbane and all the dopey donkey supporters.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
willow
saints supporter club in brisbane organises tickets so theres a solid block of st george
In my experience and in my opinion the Qld Supporters Group are a self serving bunch. They contribute less to the crowd than they did years ago.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Born in Bankstown but always followed the Dragons. Moved out of Sydney in 1985 to Grafton for 10 years before moving to the dark side (Brisbane Queensland) for 20 years now enjoying retirement in a normal place, Tuncurry. Couldn’t stand Brisbane and all the dopey donkey supporters.
Grafton is a special place. My brother lives there. Apparently the local RL premiers were still doing a nude run around the clock until a few years ago. Is that right?

denis preston

First Grade
It’s just hard work.
Live in the suburbs, still renting, will never afford to buy, sit in traffic for 15-20 hours a week, car parks in the city are priced so high as to discourage anyone other than corporate credit cards from parking in them.
Road rage is rife, you make the slightest error in traffic and prepare to be abused.
Tolls, lol, I spend a small fortune on tolls.
I refuse to get in my car on weekends, the roads have made me a weekend recluse!
Gold Coast sounds great….

Yow

Juniors
willow
saints supporter club in brisbane organises tickets so theres a solid block of st george
Love Qld Dragons supporters club have a lot of good functions and im from nth nsw but if you live up this way check it out and join up.

Crush

Coach
At the risk of annoying people for going OT again in a rumours thread, I’ll just leave this here.
Top Gun Maverick is an absolute must see at the cinema. It’s done to perfection. Anyone that’s a fan of the 1986 original has to see this, bloody ripper of a sequel!
Damn!

possm

Coach
My opinion is we don’t lock up the ball. All those offloads we allow cause us to get tired… which leads to the missed tackles
In my opinion, we need to hire a new coaching staff. Fanno, Barrett and an excellent defensive coach.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A big no to Barrett. Never. Ever. Please.

Have to agree with this, however, I would seriously look at Browny as an assistant.

Hook won't be going anywhere in the short term and he has Gentle and Head as his current assistants. Russ Aitken is the current KOE Cup coach. I think he's the one under the most pressure, and oc they miss the 8 I can't see him being retained, given the 'talent' at his disposal, but thats just my opinion only.

So, I would put Gentle as KOE Cup coach and get Browny as an assistant in 1st grade. That will depend on the Warriors of course.

Gippsy

Bench
If we sack Hook, and at this stage it's a big if, we have a ready made replacement on our staff. I would like to think that is one of the reasons we have Flannagan on our staff!!

Latest posts