What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

mattchuot

Juniors
Well the August 1 deadline has arrived and it looks like we won't be getting anyone for the rest of the year. In other news, Titans are apparently set to sign Verrills but we are still a chance at making an offer. SMH was also reporting that the club is shortlisting candidates for the assistant positions with Baz's name coming up. There might also be a new position that focuses on nurturing the young talent at the club and Willie Talau is a name that is being discussed.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well the August 1 deadline has arrived and it looks like we won't be getting anyone for the rest of the year. In other news, Titans are apparently set to sign Verrills but we are still a chance at making an offer. SMH was also reporting that the club is shortlisting candidates for the assistant positions with Baz's name coming up. There might also be a new position that focuses on nurturing the young talent at the club and Willie Talau is a name that is being discussed.
Thanks for this matt.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Apparently Saints are close to signing Verrells? Anyone know if there is any truth to that or someone in Facebook being hopeful?

Dragon David

First Grade

Hunt now in talks with Dragons management about extending time with us. I don't see him being targeted by any other club for his services, not even the Dolphins, so hopefully he will re-sign and stay with us but on a salary much lower than he is currently getting.

Also Amone likely to sign a new deal and the Dragons have talks with Verrills, Simpkin and Liddle for hooking role at the Dragons.

redVinme

Bench

Hunt now in talks with Dragons management about extending time with us. I don't see him being targeted by any other club for his services, not even the Dolphins, so hopefully he will re-sign and stay with us but on a salary much lower than he is currently getting.

Also Amone likely to sign a new deal and the Dragons have talks with Verrills, Simpkin and Liddle for hooking role at the Dragons.

That sounds exciting r/e hooker and I hope it goes

Simpkin
Verrills
Liddle

In order of want

But we know it'll be

Liddle
Macca
James segeyaro
Deano out of retirement

Then the other two.

Not sure I'm keen on hunt staying unless they want to run with hunt and bud as halves moving forward

Ghostrider22

Juniors
That can change if we pay overs which we wont.
Hey Dragon David I’m going to use a movie line “if you build it they will come” and that’s the board. When Coach was coming here in 2009 everyone was excited, there was a belief. Look at the crowds at Kogarah and WIN packed. Now it’s pathetic, to be honest Craig Young and Doust should ashamed and humiliated to what they have done since 2009. It’s a shit show, ask anyone that knows Penrith about Griffin.

denis preston

First Grade
That sounds exciting r/e hooker and I hope it goes

Simpkin
Verrills
Liddle

In order of want

But we know it'll be

Liddle
Macca
James segeyaro
Deano out of retirement

Then the other two.

Not sure I'm keen on hunt staying unless they want to run with hunt and bud as halves moving forward
RedV, my brother in law is a Wests Tigers tragic. Claims Liddle would be a great buy for us provided he stops getting injured. Hopefully he is now at an age that his body is finally right. Lost none of his zip and very quick out of DH & potentially a very good footballer.

redVinme

Bench
RedV, my brother in law is a Wests Tigers tragic. Claims Liddle would be a great buy for us provided he stops getting injured. Hopefully he is now at an age that his body is finally right. Lost none of his zip and very quick out of Fake & potentially a very good footballer.
Appreciate the insight mate. I'd take a cardboard cut out of him over Macca at this point anyways 🥲

Dragon David

First Grade
Hey Dragon David I’m going to use a movie line “if you build it they will come” and that’s the board. When Coach was coming here in 2009 everyone was excited, there was a belief. Look at the crowds at Kogarah and WIN packed. Now it’s pathetic, to be honest Craig Young and Doust should ashamed and humiliated to what they have done since 2009. It’s a shit show, ask anyone that knows Penrith about Griffin.
I think that line is from the movie "Field of Dreams". The people did come when we had the best Coach to build us a team of winners. Doust was the man who somehow got us Bennett but was also the villain who didn't agree to Bennett's request for a 5 year term.

We know that since 2011 we have regressed and it has indeed turned out to be a "shit show" and the box office has been poorer for it. If Doust was able to get Bennett, what is stopping Young in getting the best for the years ahead? Have they in the "big room" just lost interest in winning another premiership? Are they only happy to receive their pay cheques and letting things run as they are? If they were able to do what they did in 2008 to get Bennett for 2009-2011 then why can't they again get a top coach for 2023-2007?

I'm just bewildered to say the least on how things have been these past 10 years - soooo bad.