What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

The Villain

Juniors
And who are those getting into his ear? On good authority who have you spoken too.?

I will just throw this out there.
If the club is willing to let him go (dont believe unless manager ruffling feathers) or have not played him to date they have seen enough to know he is not up to 1st grade whether it be body shape, work ethic, injury prone etc?
ok so the club must know what’s best huh. Like yeah we’re just travelling soooo well.

BLM01

First Grade
ok so the club must know what’s best huh. Like yeah we’re just travelling soooo well.
Not saying right or wrong.
But I do know this, all this noise and the timing is down to one source making waves coinciding with the club making it public about training to re-sign Hunt and could ikely be all hot air and pushback pressure.
I like Bud and no doubt has talent. But talent alone is not enough. But the club would know more than us.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
The issue apparently according to some is Bud was told Hunt would not be renewed and he had a pathway to the halfback role in 2024 so he signed on.
Now that we are looking to renew Hunt for 2024 and 2025 to play halfback, Bud feels lied to and wants out.
According to some he was lied to and wants out!. Big statement there. Who are the some?.
Surely you are not just quoting media?

Illusion

Bench
If Bud leaves it could have a snow balling effect on the other young guns including Sloan and maybe the Feagai boys. I understand that Amone has recently extended his deal with us so most probably stay on, but you never know. What in blazes is going on with this club?

James Graham sacked so he is not happy. Who is left to mentor the young ones and set up good pathways for the juniors?
Hook all by himself .....

The Villain

Juniors
Not saying right or wrong.
But I do know this, all this noise and the timing is down to one source making waves coinciding with the club making it public about training to re-sign Hunt and could ikely be all hot air and pushback pressure.
I like Bud and no doubt has talent. But talent alone is not enough. But the club would know more than us.
All good. But I completely disagree with your last sentence.

Dragon David

First Grade
@BLM01 given the past 12 years of garbage I have absolutely no confidence in this club making a correct rational decision. In anything.
You have got that right Villain. None of them know what they are doing. The history of the past decade shows this and if they cannot see that Hook is not the man to get us anywhere then they are completely ignorant.

Hook shows no strength in himself let alone running a team of players.

I'm just so over this Club it's not funny. We go from one dilemma to the next and cannot get out of the massively deep hole that has been created because of the stupidity of those running the Club.

It is just not good following this lost club.

Gardenia

Juniors
I'm confused.
We have lost Alvaro and will be losing McGuire and Sims for 2023. We have Billy Burns, Poasa Faamausili, Jackson Ford, Jack Gosiewski, Tautau Moga, Shalom O'Ofou and Jonathon Reuben off contract at the end of this year and we have signed NO-ONE for 2023. So even allowing for some contract upgrades and considering that we will potentially be shedding 10 players, why is it being reported that we have salary cap issues?
Either someones wrong or we have some seriously bad people in control of finances.
Are we even using the whole salary cap???

Gardenia

Juniors
Rumours are we have "salary cap pressure". I don't know whether is true, nor can I understand if it is true how it is true.

Truly

I cannot see how it can be true also. A breakdown of salaries would be interesting given the players leaving and or off contract. As per my previous post, given we had some players on big money leave such as Frizz and Norman and we have not replaced with players estimated to command similar $$ - I question if we have even spent the full salary cap on salaries, let alone pushing the boundaries of the cap.

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

qld redvee

Juniors
I cannot see how it can be true also. A breakdown of salaries would be interesting given the players leaving and or off contract. As per my previous post, given we had some players on big money leave such as Frizz and Norman and we have not replaced with players estimated to command similar $$ - I question if we have even spent the full salary cap on salaries, let alone pushing the boundaries of the cap.
Gardenia supposedly lomax suli bird say 500 thou each =1.5 , hunt 800 ? = 2.3 simms 700 = 3million in 5 players so about 6 million for 25 players hence why we havent got oodles of cash to splurge
some of siims money on upgrades maybe and rest on say a decent player .. So we wait for juniors to develop or try to get a guy that cant quite make the top 13 but is in the squad but cant get a look in .. or we just keep trying the bargain basement washed up area for a woods alvaro .......... we really need a third party donor to try for bigger fish

Dragon David

First Grade
Gardenia supposedly lomax suli bird say 500 thou each =1.5 , hunt 800 ? = 2.3 simms 700 = 3million in 5 players so about 6 million for 25 players hence why we havent got oodles of cash to splurge
some of siims money on upgrades maybe and rest on say a decent player .. So we wait for juniors to develop or try to get a guy that cant quite make the top 13 but is in the squad but cant get a look in .. or we just keep trying the bargain basement washed up area for a woods alvaro .......... we really need a third party donor to try for bigger fish
I think third parties would be handy, but besides a couple of players like Hunt and Lomax, there would not be many others getting payments from third party sources because of lack of high profile players in the team. I hope that is a good reason, that's my opinion anyway.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Next season , Hunt will be 33.

I like him and have always advocated for him to be our half over the years. However, he is not the future.

Time for him to move to 9 and give the halfback role to someone else.
Hunt should be told he is moving to hooker for 2023. If he refuses to do so, then give him the option to go elsewhere for 2023 and beyond.

possm

Coach
Could you please do the same maths for the Roosters, Storm, Panthers, Broncos, Cowboys, Rabbits, and Sharks.

If we did things right, we would have 13 of our top 30 players who have come through our junior ranks. Now give 17 of our top 30 an average of 200k = 3.4m and we could afford the 3 or 4 SOO players that other clubs seem to have.

Hunt should play 9 or move on.

Sullivan should concentrate on maintaining his fitness.

Sloan should work on his weaknesses.

The deadwood should be cut and replaced with local juniors ready for reserve grade.

Sloan needs to come on and replace injured Matt Feanai.

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
Lack of 3rd party is damming of the club. Also suspected we pay our barely NRL standard players way too much. The clean out at the club can’t come quick enough.

Latest posts