What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes Dragon David I have become the same as you, I’m not part of the footy anymore, have seen a lot over the years, and I bleed red and white and it kills to see this shit show that is there now. And I can’t do anything about it like everyone here. We always knew with Uncle Nick very powerful individual and still is, then you have Melbourne like Brisbane are Fox flagships that have no power problems whatsoever.
It is so hard for us Dragons fans to keep going through this painful era. The club has a lot of things to answer for but I think they are soul less and ignorant of us fans anyway. To them, winning one premiership12 years ago is what they think we only deserve. What crap we are going through.

Gareth67

First Grade
Dragon David & Ghost rider , you are both correct in what you have said .

To my way of thinking the NRL should had allow the funds to be spent on the flood victims and other necessary repairs to the affected communities that have suffered severely over the last 2 years or so .

I find it disgusting that V’landys has attempted to black mail the government for funding for the G.Final and also for the grounds themselves.

For once the NRL should had taken a back seat and allowed the Government to help those residents of NSW who truly needed assistance instead of crying poor mouth to the Libs .

Now I realize that we all like our rugby league however if our grounds are indeed in such a poor state then surely to goodness the clubs themselves could put money aside for repairs ( case in point , the recent collapse of the stand at Leichart Oval - the officials said they knew the stand required repairs yet they still allowed it to be opened to the public ? ) and the NRL could had reimbursed them at a later date .

I also know that we are speaking of the G.Final of being played in Sydney , but does it really matter any more . The game is played in many states now so perhaps give each of those states the opportunity of showcasing the big one and by so doing easing the financial burden of NSW .

Dragon David

First Grade

To my way of thinking the NRL should had allow the funds to be spent on the flood victims and other necessary repairs to the affected communities that have suffered severely over the last 2 years or so .

I find it disgusting that V’landys has attempted to black mail the government for funding for the G.Final and also for the grounds themselves.

For once the NRL should had taken a back seat and allowed the Government to help those residents of NSW who truly needed assistance instead of crying poor mouth to the Libs .

Now I realize that we all like our rugby league however if our grounds are indeed in such a poor state then surely to goodness the clubs themselves could put money aside for repairs ( case in point , the recent collapse of the stand at Leichart Oval - the officials said they knew the stand required repairs yet they still allowed it to be opened to the public ? ) and the NRL could had reimbursed them at a later date .

I also know that we are speaking of the G.Final of being played in Sydney , but does it really matter any more . The game is played in many states now so perhaps give each of those states the opportunity of showcasing the big one and by so doing easing the financial burden of NSW .
You are right with what you say Gareth in all respects.

Ghostrider22

Juniors

Your right Gareth67, maybe if it was the NFL with Billions of dollars and millionaires and Billionaires owing the clubs and have world class stadiums and also like English soccer. Maybe none of this would be happening, and also we don’t have the population like the States, but remember we are so amateurish it’s not funny. But you are right Gareth67

Old Timer

Coach
It is so hard for us Dragons fans to keep going through this painful era. The club has a lot of things to answer for but I think they are soul less and ignorant of us fans anyway. To them, winning one premiership12 years ago is what they think we only deserve. What crap we are going through.
I actually think this is how they see it.

We are 1 of 8 teams that have won a premiership post 2009 so therefore we have achieved what 8 other clubs have not achieved.

As other teams have been waiting far longer than us for a long overdue premiership they see them as being basket cases and underachievers and behind us.

Therefore on the basis of a 16 team comp 1 premiership every 16 years should be tolerable for our fans.

possm

Coach
Our Board is at fault here. Their lack of urgency in regards to this matter resulted in Saints being placed at the back of the line. The flood came and although some expenditure on grounds had already been committed/spent, we find that our interest was not pushed forward.

jak

Bench

great post mate

Yow

Juniors

A lot of grounds are council owned shouldn’t the local council in Leichhardt fixed the railing before hand that’s why you pay rent for the ground
great post mate

Qdf

Juniors
Yes Dragon David I have become the same as you, I’m not part of the footy anymore, have seen a lot over the years, and I bleed red and white and it kills to see this shit show that is there now. And I can’t do anything about it like everyone here. We always knew with Uncle Nick very powerful individual and still is, then you have Melbourne like Brisbane are Fox flagships that have no power problems whatsoever.
Yes I'm feeling exactly the same, don't think it will be to far down the road the crowds will diminish altogether. The NRL is ruining our game. Crowd figures are getting worse each season. Without FANS the game is finished.
No fan likes the product the NRL is dishing up for NEWS LIMITED. MURDOCH is ruining the the game.Just like he said we think AFL is the number one game in Australia. We support them.
With this "Modern game"or orchestration by "referees for
Television " ratings, the game are losing FANS on a weekly basis. Not to long, in the not to distant future we won't have a game.

Mjab

Juniors
I might be wrong with some facts BUT
I thought the NRL was one of the main agitators for the massive spend on demolishing and upgrading The SFS and the Olympic Stadium because they were not fit for purpose and they needed the Olympic stadium for big events like SOO and NRL GFs !!!
I am in The Peter Fitsz camp that there was nothing terribly wrong with these places , sure maybe not optimal , but not warranting a $2B spend when this could be spent on more local facilities especially grass root sport and not just NRL. Ive lost track now but a cheaper but still expensive revision at Homebush and The SFS still went ahead. Knocked down and then realised they hadnt actually sorted out who was going to build the new one or at what cost. They only signed a contract for the demolition!!!. Now held to ransom for the build. Who did that, Mr Ayres!!. Not sure what the budget ends up being. He has f---- many things and done many things that are dodgey thru his whole political life if u wnat to look back carefully.
Remember, the big NRL plan to play heaps games out of stadiums and NOT local grounds. We need upgrades for big stadiums they said! For a very limited number of big events !!! I dont think so .
Now the NRL wants to blackmail the NSW gov for the GF!!
The NRL also cant have its big stadia spend and now say they want massive local spend as well !! Other sports and other issues need funding more urgently as well
The also cant start blackmailing governments or rely on non contractual agreement.

Life and government budgets dont revolve around just what the NRL wants , many things more important need funding , health , education etc
Unfortunately the government , nor the NRL for that matter have no sensible long term plan to sort any of this out .
More kids , boys and girls , play basketball including my daughters . There is a massive shortage of courts in Sydney. Im sure the same with many other sports.
So F--- the NRL and the government. They should spend money on other sports and facilities

I haven't even been to a live game for >5 years and dont plan to in the near future the way saints are running the place. Its all about TV now anyway

rugby league and high level contact sport is on the way out guys, just look at participation rates

Maybe John Barillaro can be paid to look into it all again with his mate Mr Ayres and clean out the Dragons BOD at the same time

Souths are apparently stuck signed on Homebush but now want to go SFS!
Panthers, Parra other clubs get big money spends on facilities and Stadiums
Oh , Mr Ayres is the local member, good on him .
Clubs should have been given similar money not just a lucky and influential few

Luckily , I will likely be clocking off for the season now as I dont give a F for rugby league , Im just a saints supporter who over the last 10 years is steadily losing interest in this once mighty club.
The Dragons are just as useless , maybe worse

Illusion

Bench
Yes I'm feeling exactly the same, don't think it will be to far down the road the crowds will diminish altogether. The NRL is ruining our game. Crowd figures are getting worse each season. Without FANS the game is finished.
No fan likes the product the NRL is dishing up for NEWS LIMITED. MURDOCH is ruining the the game.Just like he said we think AFL is the number one game in Australia. We support them.
With this "Modern game"or orchestration by "referees for
Television " ratings, the game are losing FANS on a weekly basis. Not to long, in the not to distant future we won't have a game.
Yep the game we once knew is changing rapidly , the type of player is changing , the 6 again is turning the game into a game of 4 quick play the balls (big quick mobile players is all that's needed ) and a couple of ball players and bingo you have your team ..... As for us we can't even get that right .....

BLM01

First Grade
I might be wrong with some facts BUT
I thought the NRL was one of the main agitators for the massive spend on demolishing and upgrading The SFS and the Olympic Stadium because they were not fit for purpose and they needed the Olympic stadium for big events like SOO and NRL GFs !!!
I am in The Peter Fitsz camp that there was nothing terribly wrong with these places , sure maybe not optimal , but not warranting a $2B spend when this could be spent on more local facilities especially grass root sport and not just NRL. Ive lost track now but a cheaper but still expensive revision at Homebush and The SFS still went ahead. Knocked down and then realised they hadnt actually sorted out who was going to build the new one or at what cost. They only signed a contract for the demolition!!!. Now held to ransom for the build. Who did that, Mr Ayres!!. Not sure what the budget ends up being. He has f---- many things and done many things that are dodgey thru his whole political life if u wnat to look back carefully.
Remember, the big NRL plan to play heaps games out of stadiums and NOT local grounds. We need upgrades for big stadiums they said! For a very limited number of big events !!! I dont think so .
Now the NRL wants to blackmail the NSW gov for the GF!!
The NRL also cant have its big stadia spend and now say they want massive local spend as well !! Other sports and other issues need funding more urgently as well
The also cant start blackmailing governments or rely on non contractual agreement.

Life and government budgets dont revolve around just what the NRL wants , many things more important need funding , health , education etc
Unfortunately the government , nor the NRL for that matter have no sensible long term plan to sort any of this out .
More kids , boys and girls , play basketball including my daughters . There is a massive shortage of courts in Sydney. Im sure the same with many other sports.
So F--- the NRL and the government. They should spend money on other sports and facilities

I haven't even been to a live game for >5 years and dont plan to in the near future the way saints are running the place. Its all about TV now anyway

rugby league and high level contact sport is on the way out guys, just look at participation rates

Maybe John Barillaro can be paid to look into it all again with his mate Mr Ayres and clean out the Dragons BOD at the same time

Souths are apparently stuck signed on Homebush but now want to go SFS!
Panthers, Parra other clubs get big money spends on facilities and Stadiums
Oh , Mr Ayres is the local member, good on him .
Clubs should have been given similar money not just a lucky and influential few

Luckily , I will likely be clocking off for the season now as I dont give a F for rugby league , Im just a saints supporter who over the last 10 years is steadily losing interest in this once mighty club.
The Dragons are just as useless , maybe worse
Panthers Parra Dogs and now Dragons COE money is now in jeopardy as there is a push from state govt threatening to withdraw funding based on Vlandys decision

Dragon David

First Grade
Panthers Parra Dogs and now Dragons COE money is now in jeopardy as there is a push from state govt threatening to withdraw funding based on Vlandys decision
What a joke. Another stab in the back and set back. Webb and Co need to sort this out as that $50M that was "promised" is money that will be hard to get and we need the C of E.

twinkletoes

Juniors
The CoE came up a number of years ago for the Dragons and from memory I think they said we are not ready??...but I do remember them knocking back funding at the time.

The total lack of action shown by this club is breathtaking...no new players for 2023 and many leaving, no action on assistant coaches..with some absolutely no names now being mentioned as possibles, no development plan in place etc etc etc...The management could not be doing more if they wanted to deliberately sabotage the future of this club.

denis preston

First Grade
What a joke. Another stab in the back and set back. Webb and Co need to sort this out as that $50M that was "promised" is money that will be hard to get and we need the C of E.
Surely the fact that our COE is multifaceted and to be used by all communities & the university carries some weight ? The fact it is in a labor seat at present doesn't help but surely WIN can pull some influence here and earn their keep for once ?

denis preston

First Grade
The CoE came up a number of years ago for the Dragons and from memory I think they said we are not ready??...but I do remember them knocking back funding at the time.

The total lack of action shown by this club is breathtaking...no new players for 2023 and many leaving, no action on assistant coaches..with some absolutely no names now being mentioned as possibles, no development plan in place etc etc etc...The management could not be doing more if they wanted to deliberately sabotage the future of this club.
Jesus, talk about use anything to put the boot into the club. Do you know the terms on this funding at the time ? Webb has indicated at the Red V meeting that our debts were high at that stage and now we are financially secure, hence why we were ready for this funding now. One thing I will say is that this club is notorious for keeping things inhouse. This is great in some areas ( it got us bennett ) but very frustrating for us members who generally think the worse if we don't hear anything contrary .