What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Apparently Matt Cooper didn't go to the 2010 reunion, citing Peter Doust as a reason for his non-attendance.

Matt Cooper

@mattcooper44
·
I want to apologise to my 2010 premiership team for not attending the 10-12year reunion. The reason why I did not attend, was I didn’t want to make a scene and ruin a special occasion! Knowing former CEO and a player who did not even play in the game were going to be there.
11:21 AM · Dec 3, 2022

I would much rather have Matt Cooper at the club than Peter Doust!

Dragon David

First Grade
Apparently Matt Cooper didn't go to the 2010 reunion, citing Peter Doust as a reason for his non-attendance.

Matt Cooper
@mattcooper44
·
I want to apologise to my 2010 premiership team for not attending the 10-12year reunion. The reason why I did not attend, was I didn’t want to make a scene and ruin a special occasion! Knowing former CEO and a player who did not even play in the game were going to be there.

I wonder who the player was?

BLM01

First Grade

Matt Cooper
@mattcooper44
·

Could of he been talking about Craig Young player CEO? or just any prior CEO?
If it is 2 people which player I wonder he was talking about? Dell?

Dragon David

First Grade
The rumour is that the CEO is Doust because Matt was promised a job at the club after retirement, but Doust reneged on the offer. I don't know about the "player who didn't even play in the grand final".
What a two faced bastard. Reneging on a player who gave his all for the club. We have been saying for years to get rid of Doust - bring back the "Oust Doust" thread. For all we know, our downhill calamity has been as a result of that ex CEO and now bloody Board Member continuing on when he should have been kicked out years ago.

True_Believer

Juniors
Could of he been talking about Craig Young player CEO? or just any prior CEO?
If it is 2 people which player I wonder he was talking about? Dell?
I mean seriously though, who really cares? If you don't want to attend just don't attend. It's just attention seeking for an ex NRL player who has struggled to maintain relevance outside of the game. I loved Matty Cooper as a player - in fact he was one of my favourites. But get over it and move on with life and stop trying to air your dirty laundry on social media.

Edit: By the way, I think the player is Dan Hunt.

possm

Coach

Matt Cooper
@mattcooper44
·

On the Board, replace Doust with Cooper!

redv13

Bench
I mean seriously though, who really cares? If you don't want to attend just don't attend. It's just attention seeking for an ex NRL player who has struggled to maintain relevance outside of the game. I loved Matty Cooper as a player - in fact he was one of my favourites. But get over it and move on with life and stop trying to air your dirty laundry on social media.

Edit: By the way, I think the player is Dan Hunt.
Looks like Bronx Goodwin is in the photo and he made zero appearances for the red V in 2010

dungay dragon

Juniors
I’ll wait for any news you have too… oh wait
We are all in the same boat champ .
Hoping , anticipating for news of a decent signing that will lift the spirits of all supporters of this Club . We seem to dip our toe in the water , when approaching a gun player , but dont go to the extra dollar to secure them.
Its as if the Board says " well we tried to get player X , but in the end he went elsewhere " and thats good enough in their eyes
As for Club officials , they are like politicians , used car salesman and real estate agents ..they will tell you anything to appease you at the time . If you believe them they will tell you that the Club is in great shape and major signings are on the way . Seriously ,,,where are these signings ?
.If you read between the lines 2023 is a write off and we hope for major changes and signings for 2024 .What message does that send to our loyal major sponsors and long suffering supporters .
There are some on here very close to the Club that provide good mail .
Even those have become deathly quiet in recent times
The fact that we are not pro active in the player market is pissing most off
The Club needs a complete overhaul from the Board , Coaching Staff down .
The fact that Hook is supposedly on Life Support is not helping the recruitment drive .
As Jack Gibson said " Success at any Club begins in the front office "
We are sadly behind the Eight Ball there .......................

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I'm still hoping for a David Fifita signing. Current reports are that he has been offered a 3-year deal at 900k per season. Surely, we have the cap to offer a 1m deal for the period 2024-2026 given we have not signed any player of significant standing and we have a whole lot of players coming off contract at the end of 2023.

Qdf

Juniors
We are all in the same boat champ .
Hoping , anticipating for news of a decent signing that will lift the spirits of all supporters of this Club . We seem to dip our toe in the water , when approaching a gun player , but dont go to the extra dollar to secure them.
Its as if the Board says " well we tried to get player X , but in the end he went elsewhere " and thats good enough in their eyes
As for Club officials , they are like politicians , used car salesman and real estate agents ..they will tell you anything to appease you at the time . If you believe them they will tell you that the Club is in great shape and major signings are on the way . Seriously ,,,where are these signings ?
.If you read between the lines 2023 is a write off and we hope for major changes and signings for 2024 .What message does that send to our loyal major sponsors and long suffering supporters .
There are some on here very close to the Club that provide good mail .
Even those have become deathly quiet in recent times
The fact that we are not pro active in the player market is pissing most off
The Club needs a complete overhaul from the Board , Coaching Staff down .
The fact that Hook is supposedly on Life Support is not helping the recruitment drive .
As Jack Gibson said " Success at any Club begins in the front office "
We are sadly behind the Eight Ball there .......................
You are so right,but how can we get this, so called Board & management team
Out of our Club..?

dungay dragon

Juniors
a
Out of our Club..?
Combination of Sponsor and People (fans) Power coming together
Major Sponsors must demand change or withdraw their contributions
Members refuse to renew and also are no shows at home games
Might sound harsh and over the top but its the way it has to be done
You also need Leaders to take it up to the Board
Souths were fortunate ...High profile names like Ray Martin , Alan Jones , Andrew Denton , Russell Crowe led the fight
Another thing i can guarantee...The media would be fully supportive and all over it
Find the Leaders and you can begin the fight

justadragon

Bench
Out of our Club..?
Anyone thinking that we can just get rid of the Board is dreaming, maybe a few changes can be made on the St George side but as for the Illawarra side they are the owners and are not going anywhere, as a matter of fact they have made their positions untouchable.

Latest posts