What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Nanadragon

Juniors
Hi Nana

No, Tyson only got a week -
Okay, still a joke as it was entirely accidental and yet Luai gets no time off because of origin. The more I see of the NRL the more I scratch my head.

BLM01

First Grade
I know this isn't the thread to post this as I could not be bothered looking it up, but I'm sure that most can remember Tyson Frizell slightly touching the ref while turning around after making a tackle and he was suspended for a week. Well what is the difference with the Penrith favourite who might be selected for Origin 1, Jarome Luai, touching the sideline official the other day and copping a fine and not a suspension. I'm sure if Origin isn't being played in a few weeks time he would have been suspended.
If you have not already noticed the NRL (or should I say MRC) for years have been massaging how they treat certain players differently or it depends whats on the line to not ruin a big game for the broadcasters.
That includes on field refs or bunker in some instances what could be obvious sin binning or send offs choosing not to. Instead they sin bin for other absolute minor stuff.
It does your head in so best just to move on.

Dragon David

First Grade
If you have not already noticed the NRL (or should I say MRC) for years have been massaging how they treat certain players differently or it depends whats on the line to not ruin a big game for the broadcasters.
That includes on field refs or bunker in some instances what could be obvious sin binning or send offs choosing not to. Instead they sin bin for other absolute minor stuff.
What's the use in following sport if this is how things are done and run? Yes, I know, we can also be lucky with some of the decisions going our way to fit in with the NRL/MRC needs at the time, but it still stinks.

BLM01

First Grade
What's the use in following sport if this is how things are done and run? Yes, I know, we can also be lucky with some of the decisions going our way to fit in with the NRL/MRC needs at the time, but it still stinks.
We follow cause we love it. But it has been set up with rules changes and gradings and multiple levels of fine options for indiscretion decisions or outcomes to be grey, manipulated and inconsistent and so you cant keep up with it nor argue what is the difference

jak

Bench
100% agree, it's not indiscretion but the player/club that commits the indiscretion that dictates the degree of the penalty.

_Johnsy

Referee
On the face of it maybe, there are instances to show the opposite. Take this week for example Kaufusi more than likely to miss origin with a suspension.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/2022-m...il-gould/7d443d49-ff04-4130-ad76-ad396f65a326
Last year he gets a fine for elbowing Sam Walker in the head & good to play origin.

Draginzaaar

Bench
If you followed any other sport as closely as we do Rugby League, you would scratch your head at decisions by officials in that sport. Christ have a look at soccer.

BLM01

First Grade
Y
On the face of it maybe, there are instances to show the opposite. Take this week for example Kaufusi more than likely to miss origin with a suspension.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/2022-m...il-gould/7d443d49-ff04-4130-ad76-ad396f65a326
Last year he gets a fine for elbowing Sam Walker in the head & good to play origin.
True maybe but the furore and talk around Kaufusi except Wayne Bennett was trial by media
That is the biggest issue and influences outcomes depending on AirPlay
He was never going to get away with it until Wayne does a Robbo and says how his players are targeted and treated on reputation Then things may change

Dragon David

First Grade
I know not a rumour, but watching the last second try against the Roosters for the 100th time, I noticed that when Sloan put up the kick, Ben Hunt put his hands on his head. This is what he instinctively does when disappointed. He would off been ecstatic a few seconds later however.
Somehow I don't think Hunt has much trust in several of our players. In some cases it is justified but he knows he can't do everything himself, so he should give the guys, especially the younger ones, a bit of slack and let them play their game without any inhibition.

When I get the chance I'll look up the highlights reel for that last 20 second try last Friday and see Hunt having his concern.

Latest posts