What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVee_8

Juniors
I think one of the owners has to take a majority position OR we need to appoint a (preferably independent) Chair over an otherwise equal split of directors to break ties. I’d give them a 3 to 5 year term with the responsibility written in (shouldn’t have to though) to provide the final vote to proceed in the best interest of the club.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Slippery...he came out some weeks ago and said Dragons need Hasler at this point in time...
Gould knows Hasler was at the Dogs and they booted him out so of course he would want Hasler to coach the Dragons. Aren't the Dogs just getting out of the $hite he put them in when he left? Dogs fans were wrapt when Hasler got punted like we were with Hook. That is what scares me. However the same cannot be said for Manly. The fans still love Des so I am torn to be honest. Will Saints have the Dogs experience or the Manly Experience?

mcs

Juniors
I think one of the owners has to take a majority position OR we need to appoint a (preferably independent) Chair over an otherwise equal split of directors to break ties. I’d give them a 3 to 5 year term with the responsibility written in (shouldn’t have to though) to provide the final vote to proceed in the best interest of the club.
Or at very least add another 4 independent members (can't be aligned) plus an independent Chair. Find some way to have another voice in the room at least.

Phantom V

Juniors
Here’s the thing. Ryan Webb comes out with a statement saying Ryles decided not to take the deal etc etc. Wouldn’t it have been better for the integrity of the club for him to say that ‘ they couldn’t reach an agreement and he was one of a number of candidates we are canvassing? He could have told Ryles to keep the Melbourne deal to himself until next week.

It’s yet another example of the unprofessionalism at this club. Beggars belief!!

Phantom V

Juniors
One of our biggest problems has been lack of recruitment of quality players. The only way this will be addressed is by firstly having a high profile coach to attract players and secondly, a professional, well connected recruitment manager....Rookie coaches do not and will not address this issue...Say we get Dean Young, which now seems likely, are quality players going to flock to the Dragons to play under him...not on your life and we'll be stuck with the same problems....
Exactly this. We now need a high profile coach, no ifs or buts

BLM01

First Grade
He is exactly what this Club needs.

However, I feel that ship has sailed. I hope Im wrong, as the immediate alternatives appear to be Young and / or Hornby.
Hornby I would accept as he would take no crap from players
Young has done nothing to show he is ready although Hornby probably had not either
Des is waiting by the phone as we speak 😉
Wasn’t it posted that he knocked us back?
no he has flown under the radar with everyone I must say we should all thank Gus for getting involved in Dragons business
He really does love our club so he says

Trifili13

Juniors
While Gus was correct that Ryles was not coming, I find it strange that a paid official at another club is telling the Dragon's who should or should not take the coaching role. Look after your own club and don't worry about others as you can get into very dangerous territory.

I also find it strange that based on oress reports Ryles was all but signed at the Dragon's yet has suddenly signed with the Storm. Either the press are crap or Ryles was hedging his bets as I am sure it's not something he rushed into signing with the Storm if he was not in negotiations with them concurrently with the Dragon's.

Dragon David

First Grade
I wonder if it was Jason getting cold feet or if our board is that f**king stupid?
No, I think Jason had always been uncertain and that is why he checked things out with other coaches and former players and that sort of helped him to get back to the Storm to see what they would offer him and they quickly jumped at the chance to get him back and have already confirmed him and his family moving from Wollongong and going back to Melbourne to live. They didn't muck around. Not like us.

We just cannot do anything without procrastinating and then its too late, the horse has bolted and I don't want to see Ryles' face ever again. He would not have had any success with us so it is a blessing in disguise as far as I am concerned.

We are further embarrassed by St George Bank coming out to say that they will no longer be sponsoring the club. How bad is everything. Just yesterday it looked promising and now it is diabolical and disastrous as I think that we will not get over all of this in a hurry.

Our game at Penrith on Sunday I hope the players lift and win the game. If we do, Carr will get the gig.

Latest posts