What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gardenia

Juniors
Mentally I have just about checked out. Young would be the last straw for me - another convenient option for the protected species that is board and CEO. A chance to buy them 2 or 3 more years to pretend we are rebuilding the club. 2 or 3 years to collect their pay and ignore the fanbase.

There's a big difference between removing your support from a club because they are unsuccessful for a long time and removing your support because the very fibre of the club has become corrupt and contempt is shown for its fans. Way back when McGregor was getting a free ride I withdrew my financial support for the club. I could sense something very wrong then and now it has all come to light.

I do reserve the right to return should things ever resurrect and new board and culture is installed.
In the meantime I'll watch AFL with partial interest.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Mentally I have just about checked out. Young would be the last straw for me - another convenient option for the protected species that is board and CEO. A chance to buy them 2 or 3 more years to pretend we are rebuilding the club. 2 or 3 years to collect their pay and ignore the fanbase.

There's a big difference between removing your support from a club because they are unsuccessful for a long time and removing your support because the very fibre of the club has become corrupt and contempt is shown for its fans. Way back when McGregor was getting a free ride I withdrew my financial support for the club. I could sense something very wrong then and now it has all come to light.

I do reserve the right to return should things ever resurrect and new board and culture is installed.
AFL? No thanks.

Gardenia

Juniors
PS I am one of those die hards who have almost had enough. Warrington Wolves is looking good. I've had fellow fans tell me that I am one of many Dragons fans who the Dragons do not deserve!!
So, I just tried to participate in a warrington wolves fan chat. I can't do it!! So it will be a switch off from footy all together for me if it keeps going. I cannot see myself being able to support another NRL team besides the blues. Surely someone out there cashed up can recognise the support base is strong and deep for the Dragons and as such there is money to be made by buying us out.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
There is talk Flanno is in the conversation now so we can only hope they go that way and not Young. You never know it may be a Flanno and John Morris combo like it was at the Sharks.

When they say they will give it time to decide on coach you wonder if that is the case because the Cows are struggling and if they get Young it will cop more backlash than if the Cows are flying high and appoint him then after a few wins on the trot? Nothing suprises me.

If they were to get Young, last year when Cows were in the finals was the best timing for that but they decided to let the clown stay on and waste a season and it has now backfired big time.

blacksafake

First Grade

Agreed
Except for the AFL 😁

possm

Coach
Read his quote..
Really didnt indicate that ,
Is under contract till 2025 but hey whats a contract worth these days
No doubt about the media posse . death riding us still, real hard
These days it seems there is only a penalty if a club breaches a contract. Players seem to do as they wish.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
We need to go after a fullback with the Ramsey money, I would go after Charlie Staines. Solid body, tons of speed and not getting a go at the tigers. He can also cover the wing spot. Good to punt on him as he has strong upside