What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

dannyt

Coach
No, absolutely not!
are you being a jerk, or looking for a fight/arguement!?
Personally, I've made my point.
I couldn't be bothered with wasteful debate.
you don't agree with it, that's ok,,just move on.
Mate, we moved on yesterday. Look at the below posts and you'll find you're the one who is engaging in a wasteful debate. You responded to my post yesterday. Not sure why you have to respond to the same post today!

1686744027403.png

1686744211070.png

1. Lomax
2. Lobb
3.. Sulli
4. Feagai
5. Ravalawa
6. Sloan
7. Sullivan
8. F Molo
9. Hunt
10. M Molo
11. Couchman
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Liddle
15. Lawrie
16. Musgrovee
17. Bird
On the same page possm: with Lomax, Sloan, Couchman, Hunt. Flanagan tho has confirmed Hunt will be half if he stays. Lawrie and Musgrove are my starting bookends with local junior Josh Coric, Mike Molo, Ryan Couchman or Alec Tuitavake on the bench. I also think Suli could be a worthy conversion to edge forward. Amone is my 14 and I want Sione Finau in place of Lobb.

Lennyb

Juniors
Its a big decision for Dozer. Whichever way it goes, I wish him well.
He most likely wont be our 7 when we get to GF. Maybe our 14 by then, but. Who knows.

TruSaint

Referee
I thought it was all media BS, but now that Benny's confirmed that he's looking into it it's made me pretty annoyed. If you didn't know where your future would be, why would TF would you re-sign for 3 years then? That's doing wrong by the club that has arguably treated him better than he treated them.

He refers to the club as “they” ???

Yep..

Anyone thinking that Hunt is not exploring options is being naive. For me, and I know Im in the minority here, but if he wants to move on then so be it. I really wouldn't mind if he did.

He prides himself on playing for State and Country as a 9, yet has the Club we love held to ultimatums as to his position.

Nice bloke, good player sure.

Time to move on IF he wants out.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Yep..

Anyone thinking that Hunt is not exploring options is being naive. For me, and I know Im in the minority here, but if he wants to move on then so be it. I really wouldn't mind if he did.

He prides himself on playing for State and Country as a 9, yet has the Club we love held to ultimatums as to his position.

Nice bloke, good player sure.

Time to move on IF he wants out.
I’d say that he could only go to a Qld club, and here is the release fee.

Parko1310

Juniors
I’d say that he could only go to a Qld club, and here is the release fee.
We'd need more than a release fee in my opinion. At least two players in return. Khan-Pereira, Sami, Sexton, Fermor, Joiliffe, Fotuaika, Verrills are all realistic options to ask for in return. I'd probably go one from that list along with Klese Haas as a bargaining chip for Payne the following year.

justadragon

Bench
I am angry over this, I didn't want to believe it but where there is smoke. He held the club to ransom over his future contract cost, He held the club to ransom over getting rid of Hook, he held the club to ransom over playing 9. And this is all on a million bucks a year. I said in another post how many premierships has he won us let alone finals games, how many top 8's have we made. Plus to throw this at the club and members after the coaching debacle is just plain dis loyalty, and quite frankly this is enough to remove the captaincy from him and send him on his way.

Dragon David

First Grade
I am angry over this, I didn't want to believe it but where there is smoke. He held the club to ransom over his future contract cost, He held the club to ransom over getting rid of Hook, he held the club to ransom over playing 9. And this is all on a million bucks a year. I said in another post how many premierships has he won us let alone finals games, how many top 8's have we made. Plus to throw this at the club and members after the coaching debacle is just plain dis loyalty, and quite frankly this is enough to remove the captaincy from him and send him on his way.
So now instead of waiting for a new coach to be announced after so much speculation and rumours, we are now waiting on the departure of our current captain and supposed leader of our team. You are right about the huntsman not getting us into finals, winning premierships etc during his highly paid employment at the Dragons. So his possible goings elsewhere I can't see him doing that much where he might end up. He had the chance to win it with Wayne at the Broncos in 2015 but whoops "I dropped the ball and they kicked the winning field goal. I am a loser".

Any other club which might pick him up will have to pay a significant freight for him.

We need players going forward who want to play for us and be true leaders in a team environment.

I think that Hunt can begin negotiations from November 1, 2024 because his contract doesn't expire until the end of 2025. Any discussions now cannot involve working out any deals until November 2024. Am I right? So if he wants to leave for next year, we can tell him a big fat NO unless the other club pays out his remaining time to us?

I honestly think that he will stay on with the Dragons.