What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SEAT 1A

Bench
Liddle has done a good job as hooker, why are people wanting another one? Especially the elite ones costing 800+. Panthers have Mitch Kenny, Warriors have egan. Both are very solid hookers but not top tier yet they're both playing important roles in premiership contending teams. Ditto with broncos with paix & walters. All you need from the hooker is to provide good service, solid defensively & the odd dummy half run imo.

Have a look at the tigers who signed Api, yet they're worse than us.

Top 4 teams all have gun halfbacks, that's what we need to build around. Ben Hunt hasn't worked because we haven't put the right pieces around him & he's not a pure controlling halfback. He's more of a runner.

Liddle has shown qualities you find in hookers in a top 4 team. Good service, defensively solid & has a bit of a running game. Imo getting another hooker would be a mistake , like we've made with our forward pack. Getting players in an area where we have depth, we've done it by getting too many bench forwards & not enough starting quality forwards.

Liddle is a big mins starting quality hooker, he's also extended his stay at the dragons. Imo it would be poor use of cap space & roster spot by trying to get Robson. If he stays injury free then I can see his game further elevating under Flanno.

As Robson is on contract, I agree Liddle made an instant impact when he arrived and with an upgrade with forwards next year he's only going to get better.

Flanno may want an eighty minute player and as Mbye will not be extended, he needs to fill the gap.

Murfy

Juniors
Can only assume Flanagan is 100% confident Hunt stays for the remainder of his contract. Heard that Flanagan had won him over but I think this all but confirms it. While I would have loved to keep Sullivan he is reportedly on 500k. That is a lot of money for money for essentially a backup half. Wonder if the latest injury was the final straw

Draginzaaar

Bench
Can only assume Flanagan is 100% confident Hunt stays for the remainder of his contract. Heard that Flanagan had won him over but I think this all but confirms it. While I would have loved to keep Sullivan he is reportedly on 500k. That is a lot of money for money for essentially a backup half. Wonder if the latest injury was the final straw
Sullivan has not lived up to the hype so far.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I still think we should stick by Bud, great player without injury and plenty of competitive fire when confident but if Flanno thinks King-Togia or Herring are better so be it ig. I just don't think Kyle Flanagan is fit for the role of halfback though if that's what he's thinking

justadragon

Bench
to increase the probability of our success in 2024 the $500k pa that Birdy is on and the $500k pa that F Molo are on ie $1mill should be used more effectively

Kerr $400k pa
Birdy $500k pa
Moses $400k pa
FMolo $500k pa
JHunt $200k pa
Musgrove $350kpa

Thats $2.350 mill minimum

We need to keep Ben Hunt otherwise who the hell is going to join of note if Bud and Amone are the halves. They are not there yet as a combo to lead a top4 team....... no way.

I wouldnt join WITHOUT Hunt as the half and a couple other players of note joining at same time to fix our pack

Talented yes, young yes....... but not leaders of a FG team yet
Would you join knowing the captain of the team wants out, plus his previous antics. I'd rather start from the ground up knowing the players want to be there for the club, themselves , the fans and not just the money, let alone the weather .

Mojo

Bench
Maybe Bud is a polarising difficult to handle young man and just maybe Hook knew it and wouldn’t pander to it?

There has always been underlying and never resolved issues with Bud and perhaps Flanno won’t put up with it either.
Certainly seems there are back stories to some of these guys : Sullivan and Musgrove both seem talented but something about them that coaches seem not to like.

qld redvee

Juniors
Maybe Bud is a polarising difficult to handle young man and just maybe Hook knew it and wouldn’t pander to it?

There has always been underlying and never resolved issues with Bud and perhaps Flanno won’t put up with it either.
Old timer,
There has to be something for Flanno to not want sullivan especially with Amone still due to front court AND potentally not be playing footy , means we could be down 2 halves with totally inexperienced juniors , and then if hunt goes thats all our first grade experience gone ,, obviously flanno has a player or 2 "signed" if he is making these calls

saintmar

Juniors
Old timer,
There has to be something for Flanno to not want sullivan especially with Amone still due to front court AND potentally not be playing footy , means we could be down 2 halves with totally inexperienced juniors , and then if hunt goes thats all our first grade experience gone ,, obviously flanno has a player or 2 "signed" if he is making these calls

IMO the something is Flano has no idea about talent and just wants to bring Kyle over.
People were worried about the influence of Craig Young bringing Dean in.
Well now we are losing our best junior for to sign Flano's failed son.
Well done Gus you have outsmarted the Dragons and that is very sad.
We will be last next year.
Flano will be gone in 18 months and replaced by Deano.
Until Flano is gone I now have my winter Weekends free.
Can not watch Bud killing it knowing how the current coach preferred his son.