What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Young can have Barrett and Mary as his assistants.
I hope Dean Young does get an opportunity at Parra.

After his grand final try in 2010, and kissing the badge, I don’t want to ever feel about Deano the way I feel about Mary.

Unless he is away from the shadow of his father he will never be taken seriously as a head coach.

Don’t want him to do too well at Parra though

BLM01

First Grade
Please parra sign young 5 years we will take Arthur's as a assistant to flanno.
Flanno needs a professional assistant for 2025 .
Don’t get your hopes up.. won’t happen just a leak the media are running with
Just because he put his name forward just like Mary does not mean he is in the box seat
It is funny how the media knew to run to Wayne for comment and his endorsement
Who in Parra leaked that one
How orchestrated for a story
What scares me is our board will take this endorsement as gospel

The Word

Juniors
It was nice to hear the great man reminiscing about his time at the dragons and about a couple of players that were obviously so important to him in winning the comp. Great that they're still friends after all these years.

I'm not sure if Dean has the tactical smarts to make it as a head coach in the NRL, but I hope he does, he's a good guy.

justadragon

Bench
It was nice to hear the great man reminiscing about his time at the dragons and about a couple of players that were obviously so important to him in winning the comp. Great that they're still friends after all these years.

I'm not sure if Dean has the tactical smarts to make it as a head coach in the NRL, but I hope he does, he's a good guy.
Dont get me wrong I love Wayne, but he did us no favors recommending Chinless to take over from him. That was really the start of the demise.

RedVee

First Grade
I guess if we were told when Wayne started that he would win us a comp, but we would struggle for ten years after we would have taken it.

But, that would have had an expectation of challenging again after that. No signs of that yet though.

justadragon

Bench
Us struggling since he left has nothing whatsoever to do with him. Our board picks our head coach, not Wayne, irrespective of who he "recommends". The fact is he is one of the outstanding coaches of his generation and we were lucky to have him. Those were the days.
I agree with you, but I can also guarantee you that the board went with Wayne's recommendation, as chinless was his assistant and would just fit seamlessly. We all know what happened.