What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
And now the fun begins with the Dragons fans, Footy TV shows and Cooks salary going through the roof just to create waves of conjecture

“What it means by going to St George Illawarra, he gets an extra year probably on $700k. For a young fella with a young family, he had to take that.”

Dragon David

First Grade
At some point during the Price Mary years there was the rumour about us going hard for Bellamy. I even heard a Cronk - Bellamy package was mooted.

I have no idea the truth in those stories, but if they are true they did try, momentarily, to get an experienced coach and an organising half back in.
Well you are correct RedVee - please see the article below going back to 2013. The same problems exist about not being able to sign anybody decent then as we have and are experiencing.

Gareth67

First Grade

BLM01

First Grade
Beaten by the bell - yet again . Our recruitment must be doing something wrong ? ? ? Or is it the fact that the man has been here previously and knows what he is up against ?
Hey Gazza how are you? Hope you doin OK
Glad you can read the article cause I cant

justadragon

Bench
Well you are correct RedVee - please see the article below going back to 2013. The same problems exist about not being able to sign anybody decent then as we have and are experiencing.

You could cut and paste this for the next 10-12 years, oh btw Doust is still there.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints appointing Price (one of Bennett's assistants) is the same decision Bronco's made when they went with Henjak, Knights with Danny Buderus, Souths with Demitrious and Dolphins now with Wolf. There was 1 time Broncos did not follow Bennett with one of his assistants and that was Siebold. How did that turn out? Worst period in Broncos history.

My point is Bennett had the same impact when he left from other teams not just Saints so although it was a terrible choice getting Price, Saints were not the only ones to fall for it. The Only issue was Saints held onto Price longer than other teams as they seems to sack the coach within 1-2 years.

It also shows Bennett what a jinx Bennett can be to you. Young is destined to fail now that he has Bennett's endorsement. He may as well stay as an assistant.