What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Appears that the Roosters will be ridding themselves of Sitili Tupouniua as they have given him permission to talk to rival clubs even though he has 3 more years to run on his contract (a bloody long term but yet not wanted - they erred with this re-signing by the looks of things and happy to see him go?). Now of course the club that looks likely to secure his services from next year is the one and only (my most hated club).

Parko1310

Juniors
Appears that the Roosters will be ridding themselves of Sitili Tupouniua as they have given him permission to talk to rival clubs even though he has 3 more years to run on his contract (a bloody long term but yet not wanted - they erred with this re-signing by the looks of things and happy to see him go?). Now of course the club that looks likely to secure his services from next year is the one and only (my most hated club).

They can have him, Sitilli is not very good. Defence and his hands are very very suspect

justadragon

Bench

Some interesting facts in that article Dave, the Roosters finished 2nd last in 2016 and played a preliminary final in 2017. Hmmm the Dragons finished 2nd last in 2023, can you see us playing a preliminary final in 2024 :) what a joke of a club we are. Sometimes you just have to admit, its really painful being a Dragons supporter. Anyway life goes on, we can always dream.

Dragon David

First Grade
Some interesting facts in that article Dave, the Roosters finished 2nd last in 2016 and played a preliminary final in 2017. Hmmm the Dragons finished 2nd last in 2023, can you see us playing a preliminary final in 2024 :) what a joke of a club we are. Sometimes you just have to admit, its really painful being a Dragons supporter. Anyway life goes on, we can always dream.
No chance justa with us playing in the preliminary finals this year because as you say, we are a joke of a club. Can you imagine what our Board would say to Flanno if he said what Robbo told the Roosters power brokers -
As said in the article, Robinson told the Roosters powerbrokers that the club would need to bottom out in 2016 in order to rebuild a premiership-winning roster.
Robinson had the runs on the board by that stage so the bosses backed him and tolerated a second-last finish in 2016.
They returned to the preliminary final in 2017 before becoming the first club in NRL history to win back-to-back titles in 2018-19.

The lack of excitement coming out of the club with no fantastic news and aims being stated. Yes, we have Cook now. Am I excited? He will be beneficial I can see that but excitement?

Every year we hope and pray for some great things to happen with this club we follow. Everything has been mundane and really slow and in a way uninteresting because of the uncertainty on how our teams will perform every week. A lack of real confidence is what I am meaning.

They can have him, Sitilli is not very good. Defence and his hands are very very suspect
Politis is back in town this week, so expect Crichton to sign on for another 2 years, plus give Wong more game time.
I think the Roosters are just going about their business, and unfortunately for Sitilli, the way I see it is he is now seen as surplus to their roster requirements.
Without doubt our focus is on and should be on signing a big bopper prop forward.

Parko1310

Juniors
Politis is back in town this week, so expect Crichton to sign on for another 2 years, plus give Wong more game time.
I think the Roosters are just going about their business, and unfortunately for Sitilli, the way I see it is he is now seen as surplus to their roster requirements.
Without doubt our focus is on and should be on signing a big bopper prop forward.
Yeah we really need a good front rower or two.. desperately. Doesn't look like we'll even be in the conversation for Stefano by the looks of things as expected though.

Gardenia

Juniors
Can’t read it behind a paywall?

Rugby league recruitment guru Peter O’Sullivan joins Newcastle Knights​

The man who helped build the Dolphins roster is heading to Newcastle after the Knights beat the likes of St George Illawarra in the race to sign Peter O’Sullivan.
Phil Rothfield Phil RothfieldSports Editor-at-Large
Follow

@BuzzRothfield

less than 2 min read
June 16, 2024 - 1:30PM
News Sport Network

5 comments

38ebab26fa4cc38ebfc7b22844a2b6a9

04:17
Rabbitohs buying in under new coach

NRL: After winning three games in a row, the South Sydney Rabbitohs are improving after a disappointing start to the season.

NRL

Don't miss out on the headlines from NRL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
The Newcastle Knights have beaten St George-Illawarra to secure rugby league’s number one recruitment guru Peter O’Sullivan.
O’Sullivan is the man who, alongside Wayne Bennett, built the Dolphins roster for their entry into the NRL to become such an overnight success story.
He has previously worked at Melbourne Storm, the Roosters and the New Zealand Warriors where he discovered and signed the likes of Greg Inglis, Israel Folau, Boyd Cordner, Latrell Mitchell and Joey Manu as unknown teenagers.
NRL recruitment guru Peter O'Sullivan is heading to the Knights. Pic: Twitter.

NRL recruitment guru Peter O'Sullivan is heading to the Knights. Pic: Twitter.
It is a significant signing for the Knights, a heartland rugby league franchise with a massive junior nursery and a potential development and pathways system that should be as strong as Penrith.
He is expected to leave the Dolphins straight away.
Two weeks ago O’Sullivan appeared certain to be heading to the St George-Illawarra Dragons after several meetings with coach Shane Flanagan.
But Knights coach Adam O’Brien and general manager of football Peter Parr convinced him to head to Newcastle.
Newcastle have a number of key players coming off contract next year including Great Britain imports Kai Pearce-Paul and Will Pryce.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I've been listening to Gould over a period of time and his knowledge about what juniors are coming through the ranks and what NRL players are or will be available is absolutely astounding. How can we compete with this level of knowledge when it appears Flano is trying to do it all himself. Newcastle now have Peter Parr, POS etc...once again a powerhouse of knowledge and contacts. Until this aspect of our club is sorted and not just left to one man we will not be a serious force.

Chammas on channel 9 last night said Daniel Safiti will be one of the players O'Sullivan will look at moving on from Newcastle.
Also mentioned Horsburgh appears to be having issues at Canberra.
Emre Guler also looking to get out of Canberra apparently. Whilst players not on the market I expect a fair bit of musical chairs before the season end