What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Harry Bath

Juniors
Does not appear that way lately. he has been fit to play Since R17
He played one week in the Reggie's at fullback and was an utter failure, then the next week he was on the bench in first grade and Flanagan dropped BMM (who I think is playing well ) so that Bird would make it back into the team. Bird came on in the last 15 minutes of the Broncos game and although not the main reason contributed to the Dragons almost conceding an 18 point lead to loose it.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
it is a friggen mystery box isnt it re Birdy?????? and who will be the right centre next year if we dont land Talagi.

Thank god Max Fegai is stepping up and keeping it real. I really hope for Max steps up again as his kick returns and half breaks / line breaks have been good and nice and simplified focus points coming into FG.

Defence and finishing now are no doubt his next areas to blitz !

Slippery Morris

First Grade
From what I have seen so far from both Feagai's, they have been pretty solid. Apart from Max bombing a try against the Broncos.

I think Flanno has seen enough to know which gaps to fill next season. Hooker has been sorted with Cookie and Liddle. Backrow is solid. Halves need a backup which Marshcke is doing ok so far but Saints should temp Atkinson from the Sharks as Nicho and Trindall will be the starting halves. This kid looks great and would be perfect for Saints in the halves.

1 big prop and a Lomax replacement is all that is needed. I really hope they land Talagi. Talagi and Saifiti will be 2 solid buys for the Dragons. I would have loved Saints to pursue Kayal Iro as well but that won't happen. I think he is free next season. Saifiti and RCG would be a good front row package deal if Saints can land both at a good price as both unwanted so clubs will pay their freight. Bargain basement buys.

How good will the matchup be next season if Saints get Talagi. Talagi v Lomax. Ryles v Flanno. Geez I would love nothing more than to smash Parra every game Ryles is coaching them. Apparently to him Parra are better managed than Saints. They have a recruitment committee who make all decisions and they got rid of Mahoney for Hodgson. Since then they have been dog$hite. Now they have Lussick and Hands. That worked out well seeing hooker is a really important role these days.

Old Timer

Coach
The Moses injury is inopportune for him but definitely inopportune for us chasing Blauze as it opens the door for Blaize straight to 6 or Gutho to 6 and Blaize to 1 so he gets a shot at his preferred positions and that might be enough for Ryles to convince him to stay.

TheRev

First Grade
I have thought about the Moses injury.. but I think they will play Sanders an actual 7.. only cause they have tried moving Brown to 7 before and it didnt go well...

And I have heard elsewhere that Talagi would prefer centre.. but I mean I dunno.. im not sure if thats a shortterm thing, because he could have double the impact and wage from fullback.. its just that he would need an offseason or 2 with all the other aspects of the position... maybe it was overwhelming... but also hes replacing Gutho at Parra which is a lot of pressure.

Im trying not to think too much about it, cause its hard to pull a player out of their club.. and we must be a 30-40% chance if that..

TheRev

First Grade
Reports Ravalawa offered exit to super league if he can find a new home apparently.
Hopefully Lawrie is next.
I think in order of ease to offload: Ravalawa > Fifita > Bird >Lawrie.. Lawrie is the hard one.. 2yrs left and not even sure if he would be interested in the UK (anything to avoid a full payout).. tbf hes yet to taste reserve grade either.. that can change ur perspective.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I think in order of ease to offload: Ravalawa > Fifita > Bird >Lawrie.. Lawrie is the hard one.. 2yrs left and not even sure if he would be interested in the UK (anything to avoid a full payout).. tbf hes yet to taste reserve grade either.. that can change ur perspective.
Really hoping Zac pushes hard with Ryles to get his best mate to the Eels. It’s not out of the question… we may need to pay some freight though…

denis preston

First Grade
The Moses injury is inopportune for him but definitely inopportune for us chasing Blauze as it opens the door for Blaize straight to 6 or Gutho to 6 and Blaize to 1 so he gets a shot at his preferred positions and that might be enough for Ryles to convince him to stay.
Geez, you would think negotiations are too far advanced to worry about that ?

Latest posts