What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Well at least we seem to have a good coach in place to help those young guys transition into first grade for the first time in a decade or so. The poor young guys coming through under McGregor & Griffin never really had a chance with those 2 morons overseeing their development.
Yeh, imo though, some have had a chance, but their skill level could not seize the opportunity. The club has to ensure that the right mentors/coaches at ground roots level have the necessary skill level to develop players before they even meet or hear of the first grade coach. Couldn’t comment on whether this is in place or not, as not close enough to know..others may wish to comment…

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Another one who's off contract is Jazz Tevaga, tbh I dont really watch other teams much.. I believe hes a 28yr old impact player, believe hes decent but not sure we would burn our last prop spot on him, hes prob not the big name flanno is after?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Geez I really hope Talagi excels at Penrith. I honestly believe if Parra don't get Lomax Talagi stays, but as soon as they sign Lomax, Talagi starts looking around. Serves Parra right and I hope this comes back to bite them.

Another thing is if Dogs were forced to honour TPG contract, then they don't have the cash to land Stefano (that is if they get him). They had the NRL believe he left for nothing and took up boxing. I am pretty sure no payout was made. He "supposedly" didn't need 850k as he would earn that in boxing. Yeah right. That is 850k they will now give to Stefano and stop clubs like Storm, Saints or Raiders getting Stefano. I really do not understand the appeal of Ciraldo over Bellamy, Flanno or Ricky (all premiership winning coaches) for a guy who has won nothing and was a yes an assistant all his career. Hasn't even won a comp in England. Anyway, I am sure he is getting paid more than 700k, better still 850k which is what Melb are offering. Don't forget they signed Sitili from Chooks and ESL best prop in Amone. Also any word on that court case with Jackson Topine? Funny how when the Dogs own the media something as big as that is quiet? Any other club and it would be on the news until it is sorted.

Dragon David

First Grade
Geez I really hope Talagi excels at Penrith. I honestly believe if Parra don't get Lomax Talagi stays, but as soon as they sign Lomax, Talagi starts looking around. Serves Parra right and I hope this comes back to bite them.

Another thing is if Dogs were forced to honour TPG contract, then they don't have the cash to land Stefano (that is if they get him). They had the NRL believe he left for nothing and took up boxing. I am pretty sure no payout was made. He "supposedly" didn't need 850k as he would earn that in boxing. Yeah right. That is 850k they will now give to Stefano and stop clubs like Storm, Saints or Raiders getting Stefano. I really do not understand the appeal of Ciraldo over Bellamy, Flanno or Ricky (all premiership winning coaches) for a guy who has won nothing and was a yes an assistant all his career. Hasn't even won a comp in England. Anyway, I am sure he is getting paid more than 700k, better still 850k which is what Melb are offering. Don't forget they signed Sitili from Chooks and ESL best prop in Amone. Also any word on that court case with Jackson Topine? Funny how when the Dogs own the media something as big as that is quiet? Any other club and it would be on the news until it is sorted.
The Gould Heist or "You do what I say and beat it" or "Don't try any funny business mate because I am the King of that".

In saying this, Gould has been able to rebuild this club - sacked Barrett (which was needed), hired Ciraldo the puppet, sacked TPJ (to save paying out big and get others at lower amounts), sign up decent players, rubbish the NRL and say the rules are stupid and getting away with it, being able to find out more about players on the market by being in the media and having experts let him know what those players are like. The list goes on.

I wouldn't mind him being at our club to do the same. Well, maybe not sack Flanno but, sack Hunt and a few others.

Biglance

Bench
Halangahu I heard is moving down to Gong - someone else mentioned it. Tonga is also a St George local, has nothing to do with Penrith. Latu from the riff but he and Halangahu hate Penrith someone mentioned due to the way they were treated
Wasn't Tonga brought down from Queensland a few years ago? He didn't grow up in the area?