What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
who or what is Filter 🤣
Illusion said -

Filter knocked the stuffing out of the guy in SOO Haynes took the blame for Filters ( no idea how to coach ) F**K-UPS ....... The guy had to steer a team around with 12 players for most of the game ...... Yep his confidence my be down but he will shake it off ...... So would I swap him for Hunt , well it's a big yes from me .......

We know who you mean Illusion re "Filter" and "Haynes".

BLM01

First Grade
Illusion said -

Filter knocked the stuffing out of the guy in SOO Haynes took the blame for Filters ( no idea how to coach ) F**K-UPS ....... The guy had to steer a team around with 12 players for most of the game ...... Yep his confidence my be down but he will shake it off ...... So would I swap him for Hunt , well it's a big yes from me .......

We know who you mean Illusion re "Filter" and "Haynes".
Was not Madge the coach when Suaali got sent off and they played with 12

TheRev

Coach
Chammas on the Footy Talk podcast today mentioned that there have been rumblings around Ben Haran getting moved on too. Music to the ears of many here if it eventuates.
Its the big reset.. I do hope we can attract a couple of good heads off the field to help push this new dawn... Peter Parr seems very likely I reckon.. partially displaced in newcastle and CEO would be a promotion.. not sure about the GM of Footy role.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Some people on this forum need to be abit more realistic with their targets lmao
100% agree
Should start with the coaches, new Senior Assistant in Wayne Bennett and defense coach in Bellamy, attack coach go for Ivan Cleary, definitely need a new 1/2 back get Nathan Cleary, couple of props like Leota, JFH or NAS, this is more realistic..

TheRev

Coach
Hooper on 360 has pretty confidently linked us to Clint Gutherson for 2026 potentially 2025

Also linked us to The Fox aswell
Yar it seems quite likely.. if we do have a bucketload of unspent cash.. I dont mind it.. esp with Hunt likely to be gone, its 2 potential captain-level players in Cook & Gutho, even if Sua has the (c).. and Holmes is experienced.. its a very different squad..

Gutho also covers 1/3/6 which fixes a lot of our backline depth issues.. assuming we can find room for him in our Top30 that is.. as I think we are chasing another outside back currently to replace Max/Bird/Tamale leaving.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
A Back 5 of

1.Gutho
2.Sloan
3.Holmes
4.Suli
5.Fox

is definitely interesting

I for don’t expect Hunt to leave so easily so am expecting him and Flanno Jnr to be the halves next year

Hopefully we can move on Blocka and Rava and nab 2 decent forwards
The team would be at a much better standard than what we have had for several years. The main thing are the 2 decent forwards to go with that backline and of course the halves we already have.

Will we get what we want? Time will tell.

justadragon

Bench
You know what shits me off, the fact that the media is saying that if Hunt leaves we lose our marquee man, FFS he hasnt been a marquee man since he got to the Dragons. Marquee men stand up when they are needed, lead when they need to lead, spill blood for the team when they need to. Does this bear any resemblance to I have asked for a release when I'm playing SOO, I cant manage a game, I go missing when the team needs my leadership, I'm clueless about what I have to do on the field at certain times, my behaviour as captain is deplorable. If Hunt is as bad as it gets, then end this saga, f$#k him off and put LKT and Glover in the halves, Flanno jr back to 14, Cook and Liddle can rotate between lock and hooker. For christ sake lets just put an end to this. If this mess is around for much longer it will impact on our preseason badly, piss him off and lets get on with it !!!

Illusion

Bench
Was not Madge the coach when Suaali got sent off and they played with 12
Yes my bad ........

Latest posts