What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
All I can say is 2025 is looking to be another lean year with the current forward pack we have..from my knowledge which I admit is limited there do not appear to be many other profile forwards on the market.
I think our plan appears to be to negotiate past November 1 for an early release for a player contracted until the end of 25. We thought we had RCG on the two year, but he has secured the 3 years he was after now at the titans.
Lodge a possible addition from the bargain bin, as Manly only offering $150k per annum for 2 years.

Old Timer

Coach
I think our plan appears to be to negotiate past November 1 for an early release for a player contracted until the end of 25. We thought we had RCG on the two year, but he has secured the 3 years he was after now at the titans.
Lodge a possible addition from the bargain bin, as Manly only offering $150k per annum for 2 years.
$300k for about 24 games spread out over 2 years not bad money if you can get it.

TheRev

Coach
I suspect we will sign Lodge soon.. but that would be the 'absolute bare minimum' in terms of a competitive 2025 roster for me.. if the other slots are just leftovers guys like ur Nu Brown or Eisenhuth (though tbf he went alright mostly).. that sort of ilk.. then its not good for us.. as I'm seeing every other roster with new talent coming in for 2025.

And I'm not sure we are waiting till Nov1 on purpose.. I think we are just missing our marks.. a few of em signed or extended elsewhere I am led to believe we were talking too.. we just cant close em.

I do however hope there is going to be a shock'and'awe unexpected Hunt trade or something hit us in coming weeks.. but the longer this plays out the less likely that is.. before you know it, its going to be pre-season.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Why would Lodge come to the Dragons for 150k per year if manly are offering him the same? We would have to offer minimum 250k per year.
Flanno, please do everyone a favour and hand over the negotiations to a proper recruitment manager. This method of moneyballing ain’t working.

Jubilee

Juniors
Why would Lodge come to the Dragons for 150k per year if manly are offering him the same? We would have to offer minimum 250k per year.
Flanno, please do everyone a favour and hand over the negotiations to a proper recruitment manager. This method of moneyballing ain’t working.
Saints don't have a proper recruitment manager. Can't recruit one. Vicious cycle.

mattw5

Juniors
Read a zero tackle article the other day which mentioned the super league for Lodge seemed as though our interest had diminished. You would think getting him signed would need board approval as would JAC.

Dragon David

First Grade
Saints don't have a proper recruitment manager. Can't recruit one. Vicious cycle.
Ridiculous isn't it. Maestro1 said that he saw in some scribe that the Panthers have 11 staff employed in the Club's Recruitment and Retention Section and we have Flanno for heavens sake and maybe with some help from Ben Haran and Kyle Stanley.

It is really time to get a proper Recruitment Manager and turf Haran and keep Stanley on but ...please Flanno, the club knows the players you want, the club needs to employ a more than better Recruitment Manager to do the job of getting those players and you can then focus on doing your Head Coaching role and work hard at that and leave the other stuff to the right person(s).

Surely the Club is doing their utmost to get this "proper" Recruitment guy?

Jubilee

Juniors
Ridiculous isn't it. Maestro1 said that he saw in some scribe that the Panthers have 11 staff employed in the Club's Recruitment and Retention Section and we have Flanno for heavens sake and maybe with some help from Ben Haran and Kyle Stanley.

It is really time to get a proper Recruitment Manager and turf Haran and keep Stanley on but ...please Flanno, the club knows the players you want, the club needs to employ a more than better Recruitment Manager to do the job of getting those players and you can then focus on doing your Head Coaching role and work hard at that and leave the other stuff to the right person(s).

Surely the Club is doing their utmost to get this "proper" Recruitment guy?
Recruitment should have a suite of nice offices, enough staff, and a thorough plan for developing players and the junior game, recruiting young talent some years out on a rolling basis. They should have spies in every district. And maybe we do have this. But I have the sinking feeling that the club is going to ask Flanno to paint the change rooms when he gets a chance.

TheRev

Coach
Lodge is worth 400-550, the Manly offer was really just a speculator lowball.. if ur desperate to stay on the northern beaches offer..

I'll be amazed if we arent trying to land him.. especially when Flanno was at Manly and would know him.. but we arent the only ones after props either.

saintmar

Juniors
Well it’s then a very poor recruitment success rate by him
May be our player targets don’t want to be coached by him since we have chased everyone and only landed 2 that nobody else wanted.