What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Crush

Coach
Its in guthos hands.. If he wants an extra 1-2yrs locked in.. He will have to come up with a plan to make it work.. He can keep his family on the beaches or they can move for a bit.. Nothing is easy, but we're not interstate..

I'm not sure he has other options.. The Roosters would give him 1yr I reckon (not at fullback tho) or he can stay put at Parra and take his chances.. Or he can tell ryles where to go, and come to saints.
Gutho and JAC seem unlikely don’t you reckon Rev?
I mean Cookie just lives up the road in shire, Holmes had the relationship with Flano.
I just can’t see these two blokes in the Red V.
Gutho I can see pulling the Manly jersey back on or staying at Parra.
JAC off to Souths to play with Latrell or Tigers.

justadragon

Bench
We have been the Dragons for the last 25 years or so that operate out of Kogarah and the Gong, it just hasnt happened its been this way for a long time. All this arguing over which area is better or worse, who the f$#k cares, if your a player in the NRL earning thousands of dollars and you have been made an offer by the Dragons to possibly extend your playing career on good coin, then either take it or not. If the Dragons were the only club to offer you a reasonable deal, then you should thank your lucky stars. If you think travel is an issue then either make that work or f$#k off. All this nonsense about beaches and cafe's, why dont we just wrap up and operate out of Monaco, I'm sure the lifestyle there is grand. I also wonder what our government is going to do about the lifestyle in PNG, anyone that has been to Port Moresby will know what I'm talking about. FMD give me a Dragons junior with our DNA who loves the club no matter where any day of the week.

Sage63

Juniors
We have been the Dragons for the last 25 years or so that operate out of Kogarah and the Gong, it just hasnt happened its been this way for a long time. All this arguing over which area is better or worse, who the f$#k cares, if your a player in the NRL earning thousands of dollars and you have been made an offer by the Dragons to possibly extend your playing career on good coin, then either take it or not. If the Dragons were the only club to offer you a reasonable deal, then you should thank your lucky stars. If you think travel is an issue then either make that work or f$#k off. All this nonsense about beaches and cafe's, why dont we just wrap up and operate out of Monaco, I'm sure the lifestyle there is grand. I also wonder what our government is going to do about the lifestyle in PNG, anyone that has been to Port Moresby will know what I'm talking about. FMD give me a Dragons junior with our DNA who loves the club no matter where any day of the week.
So what's the f****** rumour?

Mojo

Bench
I've travelled to PNG about 15 times spanning over14 years. Most recently in May this year. They love their footy. My company used to sponsor a local team. Generally great people. Tough as teak. Sadly, it's pretty lawless so you don't have to go looking for trouble, it can find you easily enough.

The rumour is that Hook will coach the Kumuls with Ben Hunt as his assistant.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
When the shit hits the fan and that smelly stuff falls onto faces, those faces will be the hierarchy of the club as well as Flanno and whoever is the slow coach recruiter. The club is so embarrassing I'm so sick of it.

They have had so much time to sign, seal and deliver a couple of bods by now. So much time that seems like it has been wasted. We have too many snails who are running the club and too much red tape.

"Oh Jack, we need to sign this guy for the front row can you please recommend him to the Board for us to proceed with talks". "Oh Jack, have you heard back from the Board yet?" "Nope, but I will follow up - mark my word. We can't let this guy slip through our fingers can we?". Six weeks later, "Hey Jack, any word yet from the Board?" "Sorry. Who was the guy we wanted to sign?" "Oh no him, he signed up weeks ago with that club". "OK, thanks Jack - you can Jack-Off now".

This has all become a big fat joke to me. A really big fat one. I've been really patient but soon I will be a patient in the loony bin. Hopeless, hopeless, hopeless.

denis preston

First Grade
When the shit hits the fan and that smelly stuff falls onto faces, those faces will be the hierarchy of the club as well as Flanno and whoever is the slow coach recruiter. The club is so embarrassing I'm so sick of it.

They have had so much time to sign, seal and deliver a couple of bods by now. So much time that seems like it has been wasted. We have too many snails who are running the club and too much red tape.

"Oh Jack, we need to sign this guy for the front row can you please recommend him to the Board for us to proceed with talks". "Oh Jack, have you heard back from the Board yet?" "Nope, but I will follow up - mark my word. We can't let this guy slip through our fingers can we?". Six weeks later, "Hey Jack, any word yet from the Board?" "Sorry. Who was the guy we wanted to sign?" "Oh no him, he signed up weeks ago with that club". "OK, thanks Jack - you can Jack-Off now".

This has all become a big fat joke to me. A really big fat one. I've been really patient but soon I will be a patient in the loony bin. Hopeless, hopeless, hopeless.
Calm down buddy. You are overthinking it. We all wouldn’t know 99% of what is really going on with the club. Save the anxiety until the start of next year.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Memo to PVL - a team in PNG will be a disaster and devalue the game.
Alternative - get 300M from Canberra and fund every team playing a home game in the Pacific every 3 years. That's 6 games a year - maybe 2 in PNG, 2 in Fiji, 1 in Samoa & 1 in Tonga each year.

Jubilee

Juniors
m
Memo to PVL - a team in PNG will be a disaster and devalue the game.
Alternative - get 300M from Canberra and fund every team playing a home game in the Pacific every 3 years. That's 6 games a year - maybe 2 in PNG, 2 in Fiji, 1 in Samoa & 1 in Tonga each year.
It won't even be based in PNG.

Latest posts