What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The run home

Joely01

Bench
So i've noticed a few people start to bring it up in other threads so thought why not have a thread to keep us up to date on what is required to make the 8 from here.
I think we are in a pretty good position, especially compared to other teams around us in terms of the draw.
Another win on the road on the weekend will help with confidence of winning away from home which we must do in the last few weeks.

We are currently 12th on 22 points, with a P/D of -96.

Our run home is:
RD 21, V Sharks @Remondis, Sat 3pm
RD 22, V Raiders @TIO, Sat 8:30pm
RD 23, V Dogs @ANZ, Fri 7:45pm
RD24, V Manly @Pirtek, Fri 7:45pm
RD25, V Knights @Hunter, Sat 3pm
RD26, V Raiders @GIO, Sat 5:30pm.

Realistically i see us winning 4 games putting us on 30. I hope we can have some big wins because being on 28 isn't ideal.

Bring on the run home though, its going to be entertaining.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
4 wins will have us on 30 points and we will make the Top 8. Probably 7th by my reckoning, with the Cowboys and Warriors to fight out 8th spot on For and Against...

If we make the Top 8 we will have plenty of momentum...

I personally would be surprised if we won the 4 games, but anything is possible.

T.S Quint

Coach
Maybe three wins out of that lot.
We won't win in Newcastle. Beating Canberra down there will be difficult as well, despite how awful they've been traveling.

We could pick up a good win against the Dogs though (at least that's what I'm really hoping for).

pedge

Juniors
So i've noticed a few people start to bring it up in other threads so thought why not have a thread to keep us up to date on what is required to make the 8 from here.
I think we are in a pretty good position, especially compared to other teams around us in terms of the draw.
Another win on the road on the weekend will help with confidence of winning away from home which we must do in the last few weeks.

We are currently 12th on 22 points, with a P/D of -96.

Our run home is:
RD 21, V Sharks @Remondis, Sat 3pm
RD 22, V Raiders @TIO, Sat 8:30pm
RD 23, V Dogs @ANZ, Fri 7:45pm
RD24, V Manly @Pirtek, Fri 7:45pm
RD25, V Knights @Hunter, Sat 3pm
RD26, V Raiders @GIO, Sat 5:30pm.

Realistically i see us winning 4 games putting us on 28. I hope we can have some big wins because being on 28 isn't ideal.

Bring on the run home though, its going to be entertaining.

Realistically, I see us winning 4 at absolute best
Sharks
Raiders in Darwin
Dogs
Raiders in Canberra

I dont see us beating Manly
And we play the Knights in Newy on old boys day? Have they ever been beaten up there before?
Thats still effectively 4 'away' games....love to see it happen but it will be a struggle!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maybe three wins out of that lot.
We won't win in Newcastle. Beating Canberra down there will be difficult as well, despite how awful they've been traveling.

We could pick up a good win against the Dogs though (at least that's what I'm really hoping for).

I think we play Canberra in Darwin.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
With these enigmatic dopes, anything can happen. We can win the premiership yet we are still a chance for the wooden spoon. I am gonna enjoy the last few weeks and not stress out too much.

strider

Post Whore
I reckon even 30 might not get us in the 8 this year .... we'll need broncos and warriors to lose a few

having said that - I don't think we will get to 30 points anyway

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon even 30 might not get us in the 8 this year .... we'll need broncos and warriors to lose a few

having said that - I don't think we will get to 30 points anyway

me too, I reckon 32 or 34 is more realistic :cool:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Almost certain that 30 will be enough for the finals no matter how bad our for and against is, going on past history. Only once since 1998 has a since on 30 points missed out (in 1999). Most years 26 to 28 points was enough for 8th spot.