What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The search for a new coach

TheDMC

Bench
Flibbertigibbets!

Main Entry: gossipmonger  [gos-uhp-muhng-ger, -mong-] Show IPA
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: gossip
Synonyms: babbler, blab, blabbermouth, busybody, chatterbox, chatterer, circulator, flibbertigibbet, gossiper, informer, meddler, newsmonger, parrot, prattler, rumormonger, scandalizer, scandalmonger, snoop, t, tabby, talebearer, taleteller, tattle, tattler

Micistm

Bench
You are crazy mate. No no no no no to Iro. Need to sack him all together. Get rid of the old boys jobs for the bros thing we have going on. Two matches in charge and already seems like he separates himself from the team, instead of 'us' or 'we' it's 'them' and they'. Was there any sign that Iro had any positive influence while in charge?

Yeah it was two matches but if players needed to be dropped why didn't he do it round 25? Why 26?

And why when the season was done he called them soft?

Call them soft before the drags as well as drop the players that needed to be dropped should've been the way if he was the man.

Finger pointing ain't they way he shouldve done it, seems the blame game was his best way to get another shot.

Ackland is better if it's internal.

Amen. I like Ackland and IMO he is one that should stay on, but I would not be satisfied until there is a major cleanout at the Warriors and this culture of getting your mates into roles is gone. Scurrah, Bell & Iro IMO should be packing. But don't think they will...have this horrible feeling Bluey is going to be taking the full scapegoat role for all of them. Yes he was green, yes he made mistakes-But his excuse is he was green. Whats theirs?

ramraider275

Juniors
Amen. I like Ackland and IMO he is one that should stay on, but I would not be satisfied until there is a major cleanout at the Warriors and this culture of getting your mates into roles is gone. Scurrah, Bell & Iro IMO should be packing. But don't think they will...have this horrible feeling Bluey is going to be taking the full scapegoat role for all of them. Yes he was green, yes he made mistakes-But his excuse is he was green. Whats theirs?

I would definitely review Iro after the rumours surfacing about him undermining bluey which has been backed up from a mate of mine who mates with Bluey.

We all know to keep Ackland but I reckon Bell deserves to stay only on the fact his team of scouts have done a great job recruiting the right kids for the warriors development squad (feeder to the 20's) I saw him twice at my local club looking at our juniors from the 13's to 17's and found some x factor kids. I''m told he travels around a lot for scouting. Bell is right it's hard to get guys to come over to us, for many reasons, and you can't pay out to much coin if a player ain't worth that much. Scurrah has done a decent job , bar the 2nd half of last season to now, still he get out of this, agree with you strongly Bluey will be the scape goat and everyone will be on notice that another repeat of this season , and bye bye ;-)

Micistm

Bench
The only Mr Sheens I wanted to see at Mt smart was the spray bottle that cleans down the counter at the munchie stalls

One Warrior

Bench
Hmm...He has his Manly connection, perhaps he could pinch Toovs...?;-)

With respect to Lowie, I find him a little incestuous to the whole matey thing as well, and thought he'd already had his bash at the Warriors...

To my mind this means nothing, there is no quote from either the Warriors or Lowe himself, it is in the Daily Telegraph after all, someone probably just spotted Lowe at Sydney Airport with a briefcase and put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

Diesel

Referee
If we don't get Bellyamy we should be chasing Mick Potter, sure he's has no NRL experience but comes with some good wraps. I don't see the point of chasing Smith as this team is not rebuilding, they just had a bad season. Sheens is past it and we need to look to the future. Look at all the coaches of teams that made it to the finals, none of them are dinosaurs.

Watching Bellyache in the coaches box with the storm up by 18, wing knocking it back ala Manu near to over the line and blowing up and then when rabbits knock it on deliberately when Storm looked certain to score (and do in the next set) I don't think his cardiologist will let him coach the Warriors!:crazy::sarcasm:

Iafeta

Referee
In contrast, our mecurial coaches came up with the following responses:

"They're a good bunch of lads"
"They're trying hard"
"I can't fault their effort"

You drop it down in Melbourne, you better hope he's in a forgiving enough mood to use lube.

I feel D Anderson is from the same vein (not quite as intense), and we cut him loose after a Grand Final year because of player "unrest". So how would the boys go under Bellamy? Would the boys sulk to get the coach fired (especially those that don't get the lube!)? or would the club grow a pair and grant releases to those unprofessional players?

Storm are just clinical and ever 24-0 up didn't want to let Souths in for a try!

Micistm

Bench
In contrast, our mecurial coaches came up with the following responses:

"They're a good bunch of lads"
"They're trying hard"
"I can't fault their effort"

You drop it down in Melbourne, you better hope he's in a forgiving enough mood to use lube.

:lol:

Latest posts