What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The secret to the storms success.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
EVERYONE in rugby league wants to know the secret to Melbourne Storm's success...... News Limited --- with deep pockets comes lots of power and control to change the course of a game.....

The old chest nut. You're the most unfriendliest ghost ever.

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

Evenflow

Bench
Funny how the Storm were not included in the race to 10000. Maybe they should have made it a handicap system, and given the storm a target of 100?:lol:

Duh maybe they weren't included for the exact same reason the Broncs, Tits, Cows and Warriors weren't. The race to 10,000 was only for the Sydney based clubs you numpty :lol:

Not to mention they've got more members already than 6 of the Sydney clubs when their memberships have only been on sale for a month. That as opposed to several months the other clubs have been selling theirs for which only makes you and your post look even more stupid.

Kornstar

Coach
Duh maybe they weren't included for the exact same reason the Broncs, Tits, Cows and Warriors weren't. The race to 10,000 was only for the Sydney based clubs you numpty :lol:

Not to mention they've got more members already than 6 of the Sydney clubs when their memberships have only been on sale for a month. That as opposed to several months the other clubs have been selling theirs for which only makes you and your post look even more stupid.

As a 1 team state, 10,000 members should be a walk in the park, especially in Victoria where membrships for their sport is second nature, right?

I would expect with their success they should equal the Bronco's in membership numbers, do they though?

84 Baby

Referee
We have the world's greatest athlete in Billy Slater.
World's :lol::lol::lol: We'll neglect to mention it was a show called Australia's Greatest Athlete, then we'll neglect to mention Slater was the only participant from the NRL, all this on top of the fact we'll neglect every other athlete in the world.

When Slater wins gold in the decathlon perhaps I'll agree.

Typical Storm attitude

84 Baby

Referee
well the fact they've been around for about 12 years and have around the same fanbase says alot, but i guess we'll wait and see how many people they can draw into the new stadium
Cultural and socioeconomical problems with our fan base. We are definitely one of the most widely supported teams in Australia just can't get fans to hand over their hard earned

born an eel

Bench
Cultural and socioeconomical problems with our fan base. We are definitely one of the most widely supported teams in Australia just can't get fans to hand over their hard earned
too many fans are confident we will be around in 5 years time even if they sit on their hands.

Souths fans had a similar attitude until they realised just saying you are a fan is not enough.

Hopefully the recent surge in memberships can be maintained if people enjoy what they get. We will not win every game but it still can be a good day / nights entertainment for a reasonable cost.

Numpty? Whats a numpty?

Having lived in Melbourne in recent years, I can say without a doubt, that nothing, NOTHING (other than AFL), will ever be successful in Victoria during winter. Even the local juniors, who are given free tickets to games, prefer to go and watch the AFL. How do I know that? Thats because I have a nephew who plays for Altona. He supports the Western Bulldogs, and would rather see them play. (1/2 the crowd at Storm home games, are in on freebies)

The NRL will continue to pump $ into it, just because they want to have a presence in the state, and be seen to be doing something. Its a joke.

I maybe stupid - I dont challenge that :lol:, however, my post isnt. The NRL should be doing more to support rugby league in country areas of NSW & Qld, in order for our game to have some longevity. If they continue down the path of supporting a team (in more ways than one) the game is going to suffer long term. (Even NZ should be a higher priority than Melbourne.)

As a matter of interest, which 6 clubs do they have higher membership than, and can you provide a link, as I would like to have a look at it? Cheers.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
There is no question they work hard and have plenty of talent!

Doesn't change the fact that the referees have let them get away with murder in the ruck for 4 years now and that will not change this year either!

They have 3 of the top 5 players in the world in their side and a brilliant coach who gets the best out of his ENTIRE squad, one questions why they need any advantage on top of that?

Their salary cap also seems to be higher than other teams. How they keep Slater, Inglis, Smith, Cronk, etc, puzzles me. But I do admire Bellamy. Great coach.

Fathead

Bench
Look I cant stand the storm at all but you have to admire their success. We can whinge about referree decisions until the cows come home but i think the main reason that the storm win so much is that they have superior mental and physical fitness than every other team.