What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Slipper.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
First 7 over the line were fillies, a good colt will always beat a good filly. Earthquake was a huge run but I'm with Haynetrain I don't think it was a stellar field.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The two Sebring fillies Believe Yourself/Bring Me The Maid and Memorial were the best runs of the race imo

Flapper

First Grade
There's no way known to man Tommy Berry should of been riding today, they did a little tribute for him on the track and I watched him stand there crying like a baby (I would be crying like that too if I lost someone so close, don't get me wrong)

I feel bad for him because he's obligated to ride and who wouldn't want to ride in the Golden Slipper if you're a jockey but his mind wasn't anywhere near riding horses today

I doubt he was totally "obligated", any trainer would've easily understood if he bailed yesterday, but he did it for Nathan, but I agree he was nowhere near coping with the emotion of yesterday understandably.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Earthquake is a star. Unbelievable run.

Those Exceed and Excel horses who show good form as a 2 year old don't seem kick on as older horses

Overreach,Guelph,Reward For Effort,Helmet etc etc + All his European 2 year olds

Expect to see Earthquake retired in 1 more year

WaznTheGreat

Referee
On what basis???

Earthquake will be retired in 1 year
Mossfun speedy squib wet tracker
Eloping speedy squib
Oakleigh Girl speedy squib
Believe Yourself/Bring Me the Maid probably not the same horses on a fast track

Can't even be bothered commenting on the rest

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I reckon the better 2 yo colts are in the paddock..

Chivalry, Nostradamus & Rubick will all be better as 3yo's IMO..

Agree with Haynetrain about the Silpper form..

That Lonhro 2yo colt could be good (Ku something??..)..Interested to see how it goes in the Sires..

hineyrulz

Post Whore

That Lonhro 2yo colt could be good (Ku something??..)..Interested to see how it goes in the Sires..
I got 20's on the sires a while ago :cool:

WaznTheGreat

Referee

Agree with you,don't see any of those in the Slipper getting better as 3 year olds

Kumaon

I wouldn't write off Lonhro filly Twirl either as she gets older

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I got 20's on the sires a while ago :cool:

I never bet before the call of the card, but that is a nice get..if it wins:cool:

Agree with you,don't see any of those in the Slipper getting better as 3 year olds

Kumaon

I wouldn't write off Lonhro filly Twirl either as she gets older

Cheers..buggered if i could remember it's name..:lol:

Agree on Twirl..She is bred to mature as a 3yo..

Sphagnum

Coach
I like the run of the Bachman in the fernhill. Not generally a good sires guide but was an impressive win from a Horse that is reasonably well bred.

Latest posts