What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sopranos ***SPOILER***

Game_Breaker

Coach
I didn't mind it - sets a theme and also timestamps it to 1979 which must be about right.

Check out the mannerisms around 0:27 - exactly like his dad.

I thought it was set in the late 60s?
around the time of the race riots in NJ

Parra

Referee
I thought it was set in the late 60s?
around the time of the race riots in NJ

Yeah the race riots setting makes sense and could be in the trailer. There's some arson going on as well. I was trying to date it from some of the later looking cars and also the expected age of Tony through to the Sopranos timeline. I don't know the timespan the movie will cover - we know Tony is in high school at some point - this could be 10 years later - I have no idea and haven't looked any further.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Yeah the race riots setting makes sense and could be in the trailer. There's some arson going on as well. I was trying to date it from some of the later looking cars and also the expected age of Tony through to the Sopranos timeline. I don't know the timespan the movie will cover - we know Tony is in high school at some point - this could be 10 years later - I have no idea and haven't looked any further.

Yeah, the movie timeline will span a few years
At least up until Chris’ birth/Dickie’s death some time in the 1970s

soc123_au

Staff member
I did a bit of reading on it when it was first announced. The race riots are pretty central from what I read.

Matua

Bench
So, I watched it, I liked it, I think you have to know the TV series to properly enjoy it.

I think it might have worked better as a one off series.

I think some will find it lacks a cinematic narrative which will be off putting.

The youngest Tony Soprano (not his son who plays him as a teen) was a dead ringer as well.