What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Stadium Thread!

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Thats good news I see that Robina is building a 'Stadium estate' near the site. Only in robina hey.

Good too see better use of parklands. but i'm still waiting to get a decent band to play at the exibition centre at broadbeach. I mean, Twin Towns and Cooly Hotel can get better acts than that place

Kingytek

Juniors
coldhardbitch said:
Thats good news I see that Robina is building a 'Stadium estate' near the site. Only in robina hey.

Good too see better use of parklands. but i'm still waiting to get a decent band to play at the exibition centre at broadbeach. I mean, Twin Towns and Cooly Hotel can get better acts than that place

Nothing wrong with Twinnies!!!! :lol:

Kingytek

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
Beattie kicks stadium woe into touch
24Aug05

Proposals were invited from five architectural companies with demonstrated experience in recent significant sports stadium projects. The closing date for submissions is August 29.

http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

So the submissions should be in by now. Only a matter of time before we find out some more!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Kingytek said:
So the submissions should be in by now. Only a matter of time before we find out some more!

Are games just going to be at Carrara in '07?

Kingytek

Juniors
Yeah, all of 07. They will launch robina stadium first home game in 08
Hopefully the council dont tamper to much with carrara because of the deal they have made with AFL to host some trial games etc. there.
Also if I were GC I would have some home ground games at Suncorp, like for bronco/cowboy games especially.

Pistol

Coach
The name for the new stadium would be very interesting.

Something original or would you go for something unoriginal like Gold Coast Stadium, Robina Park etc.

Perhaps after a Major sponsor... who knows.

Thoughts

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pistol said:
The name for the new stadium would be very interesting.

Something original or would you go for something unoriginal like Gold Coast Stadium, Robina Park etc.

Perhaps after a Major sponsor... who knows.

Thoughts

Carrara has already been renamed GC Stadium so it wouldn't be that.

Robina Arena maybe? :lol:

Pistol

Coach
Dodger said:
Carrara has already been renamed GC Stadium so it wouldn't be that.

Robina Arena maybe? :lol:

Imagine if Ribena sponsored them. Ribena Robina Arena :lol: :lol:

Redback71

First Grade
at least it will be easy to get to from pottsville beach (thats where i live) i cant wait

In-goal

Bench
Hopefuly they go with an English design with ultra steep grandstands for the betterment of all spectators.

some thing like Wigan's JJB or Hull's KC

Kingytek

Juniors
I like english stadiums because of it's echoing when the crowd gets vocal. I hope it's based on Suncorp Stadium but just a mini version.

nqboy

First Grade
I'm surprised it's not on here yet but I saw a report on the announcement of the design of the new stadium on National Nein News.

Anyone gotta link?

griffo346

First Grade
ROBINA

The Gold Coast Titans new home at Robina will be ready for the 2008 season.
The Major Sports Facilities Association (MSFA) will select a design toward the end of 2005, with construction to start soon after.
Stay tuned for more developments on the new stadium. Check out the Artists Impression of the new stadium

GC-Stadium-Aerial2.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Apparently the railway line will run alongside so people can get off the train and walk into the Stadium.

Its on the same line that goes to Brisbane and the airport so it'll be very easy for visitors.

Jono078

Referee
Looks awsome, although artists impressions always looks better with the lightings and surroundings etc. But still looks great. Spose to be 28,000 Capacity right ?