What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Stadium Thread!

Parra_Eels

Bench
looks like a mad stadium. the train will be awesome down. the buses from helensvale to carrara will be a bitch in 2007

Kingytek

Juniors
Today I had to go to Robina so I thought I'd check out the Stadium site. This morning I saw some surveyors having a look at the site. The gates were open and they were inside checking it out. Shouldn't be too long and we should be in Business. Below are a couple of pics I was able to take from my phone. It doesn't show much, but as a Titans supporter it may seem significant.

gcts2.jpg
gcts1.jpg

I was working in Milton when Suncorp was getting developed and my IT Dept basically had a birds eye view of suncorp, it was good to watch the daily progress of the site and hopefully we should be able to bring more pics at a later stage. Watch this space!

yankeerugger

Juniors
WOW! does this stadium look to be a class venue...

GC-Stadium-Aerial2.jpg

from the sounds of it, it is a scaled down version of the new Lang park, seating 25k or so, rather then 55k or so. Should make for quite the atmosphere...

Any news on the progress for construction?

Kingytek

Juniors
For those interested in moving or creating a new business to the Robina area may be interested in this website. Perfect for Titan supporters :p
http://www.robina.com.au/stadium_village.html
www.robina.com.au said:
Staduim Village @ Robina

Robina is proud to be the new home of the NRL on the Gold Coast and the decision to build the Gold Coast's new major sports stadium in Robina reinforces a two decade masterplan for a modern city of commercial, retail, residential and sporting facilities. It's another step forward in the exciting evolution of Robina.

Robina Land Corporation understands that the new stadium must be in a living and vibrant people environment, with piazzas, trees,water, state-of-the-art workplaces and contemporary village communities, alongside entertainment, leisure and hospitality for the whole family. We commit ourselves to working with government, architects and the whole business community to create Stadium Village, a special place where everyone will feel welcome.

We congratulate the Gold Coast Bid Team for winning the NRL licence and bringing it home to Robina!

Latest posts