THE STIG IS BACK

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights' started by alexwilliams_66692007, Feb 15, 2018.

1. alexwilliams_66692007

alexwilliams_66692007 Bench

2. mozza91

mozza91 Bench

Great effort to come back after all he’s been through.

alexwilliams_66692007 likes this.
  3. Haffa

Haffa Guest

Roopy likes this post.

macavity likes this.
  4. Knight Vision

Knight Vision Juniors

A situation made all the worse because he most likely come into contact with a homosexual person during that time. Poor bloke. I'm sure God showed him the way.

5. mozza91

mozza91 Bench

One tweet from years ago. Get over it.

6. Knight Vision

Knight Vision Juniors

1 tweet? he wrote a thesis. What do you mean get over it ?

7. mozza91

mozza91 Bench

It was 5 years ago. People are entitled to be gay. He’s entitled to have his stupid religion. He’s battled serious illness and it’s a great achievement for him to be playing footy at a decent level again.

8. Knight Vision

Knight Vision Juniors

Personally I wouldnt have him represent my organization. Google "Ryan Stig Newcastle Knights" and see the search results. By the way his anti gay christian rant hasnt been taken down from his Twitter feed. The guys a douche

9. mozza91

mozza91 Bench

I don’t care about his beliefs or if he’s a douche or not. I care about football and whether or not he can be an asset in our NSW Cup side.

10. Burwood

Burwood Bench

He’s a douche. Although it’s good to see any player return after such a long layoff, I don’t agree with or like what he represents.

11. alexwilliams_66692007

alexwilliams_66692007 Bench

He's a dickhead for what he posted on twitter yes but it's not like he's the first ever dickhead to have played in our team..

12. PhilGould

PhilGould Juniors

Would be a pretty thin comp if you kick every religious homophobe out. Most just have more sense than to make their views public.

13. perverse

perverse Referee

I wouldn't have him at the club if it were my choice. He inferred that homsexuality is a spiritual disease, and that it's morally akin to cheating on ones spouse. I can't see a reason in the world why the club even needs him. Where is he even going to get a run? Surely Lamb, Cogs and Johns all ahead of him in NSW Cup.

14. Old dog

Old dog Juniors

It's NRL, shouldn't we let his football talk and if good enough then we should consider if his views/opinions effect the team, club, fans etc. OK his views may not be with the majority of us but like everyone else he deserves a go.

15. macavity

macavity Coach

he doth protest too much.

16. perverse

perverse Referee

Even at his previous best, he was still nothing on our first 4 choices for the halves this year for mine. I don't know enough about Jack Johns to comment on how they would compare with each other.

Distasteful character that represents the club poorly, and has no future here based on playing ability or otherwise. I don't see the point at all.

slotmachine likes this.
  17. Hardcore_Fan

Hardcore_Fan Juniors

He had the eye injury yeah?

18. slotmachine

slotmachine Bench

And Lyme disease or something strange.

God with those pesky plagues.

19. Mr_Knightside

Mr_Knightside Juniors

I think this has all been blown out of proportion a bit. People are getting fired up about a guy being named in an extended NSW Cup squad for a trial match who would be lucky to even play in that team during the regular season, and that's if he's actually still up to it.

He said some offensive stuff a few years back and came across as a dickhead and potentially he would regret saying/writing those things now, then again maybe he doesn't.

If he continues to say stuff like that this time around then I think the club should cut him loose but if he keeps his mouth shut and thinks twice before posting his thoughts up on the internet then I don't see why he shouldn't be given a second chance.

For the record I don't agree with his views on homosexuality and I think he's very misled and possibly quite a troubled individual but I think as fans we should probably cool down a little and let the guy go about his business provided he learns from his prior mistakes.

Pedge1971 likes this.
  20. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 First Grade

Could not give a f**k. He made some shit/dumb comments yes but he is no Matt Lodge or Russell Packer who will be running out in 1st grade this year.

I hope the kid has gotten through that rubbish but if he hasnt he will not amount to much anyway in the modern world.

However he may go very well in the US under Trump...

Joel-22 likes this.