What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Its time the dragons fessed up that the only reason they are around is because of the mighty Steelers and in doing so give them more identity and credit.

More than just a bit part of the name and socks.
How about the awaty jersey be the Steelers jersey?
How about recognising that 99% of your players were produced or came from there?

Well??

See StgIllaman....gets a bit monotonous and boring doesnt it...same old arguements....so give up the Rooster bashing pal....not only boring but been done before

Meth

Staff member
Just out of interest.

How many of the current crop of players are products of Illawarra.

I know Trent Barrett is, and I know Shaun Timmins is.

Who else?

Roosterphin

Juniors
Scuba said:
Just out of interest.

How many of the current crop of players are products of Illawarra.

I know Trent Barrett is, and I know Shaun Timmins is.

Who else?

Ryles, Bailey, Hornby,Cooper

Meth

Staff member
So Barrett, Timmins, Ryles, Bailey....the four favourite sons.

I was under the impression that Illawarra were the leeches in the merger :lol:

Benny

First Grade
We saved the Illawarra region from not having a top class football team, we pay all the bills and pay for the juniors to be produced

They get more home games than Sydney...they get more than a fair deal matey!

bender

Juniors
Benny said:
We saved the Illawarra region from not having a top class football team, we pay all the bills and pay for the juniors to be produced

In the long term, i think they will come to be known as the Illawarra St George Dragons. THis is the name they should have chosen in the first place. it gives the Illawarra fans and community something more to identify with. I also dont see how it would effect Saints fans either as they would still have the St George Dragons name in their name.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Benny said:

Please get your facts right Benny boy

Meth

Staff member
Roosterphin said:
Benny said:

Prove contrary, RoosterPhin

To my knowledge, a lot of games get played at WIN. They only just returned to Kogorah last year, didn't they?

I don't know about the bills and juniors, but I'd be interested in seeing concrete evidence that Illawarra are getting a raw deal. or otherwise

Roosterphin

Juniors
Scuba said:
Roosterphin said:
Benny said:

Prove contrary, RoosterPhin

To my knowledge, a lot of games get played at WIN. They only just returned to Kogorah last year, didn't they?

I don't know about the bills and juniors, but I'd be interested in seeing concrete evidence that Illawarra are getting a raw deal. or otherwise

The raw deal is no identity in the team strip. Half of the games were at WIN but no more....pokie tax was a perfect foil to get rid of that one.

Illawarra RL provides all the funds for junior clubs in the region

Benny

First Grade
How are my facts wrong

Illawarra were broke and didn't have any money and would not have competed in the 1999 or be definately extinct by 2000

St George put a reported 3.5 to 4 mil a year and Illawarra put in 500,000. St George Leagues Club also put the majority of the money in Illawarra Leagues renovations at well over 4 million

If St George are paying all the bills then we are funding junior development in the Illawarra

Roosterphin

Juniors
Benny said:
How are my facts wrong

Illawarra were broke and didn't have any money and would not have competed in the 1999 or be definately extinct by 2000

St George put a reported 3.5 to 4 mil a year and Illawarra put in 500,000. St George Leagues Club also put the majority of the money in Illawarra Leagues renovations at well over 4 million

If St George are paying all the bills then we are funding junior development in the Illawarra

Check your figs Benny. You are talking big figs. Remember the Dragions wanted to merge with the Roosters as they were not travelling that greatly

Anonymous

Juniors
Roosterphin said:
Benny said:

He did his facts right. You're the one with poor knowledge on the subject. I'd back Benny's information against yours any day of the week.

btw, Trent Barrett is from Temora.
Get your facts right. :lol:

sfuzzwaa

Juniors
Roosterphin,

If Illawarra didn't merge with St George would they still be around?

If they were shafted like Souths were what chance would they have had in being reinstated? I'd say next to none. There was no Politis's or Packer's to help them out or was there?

Their identity is still there and will always be there.

Ask STSAE he has an opinion on this particular topic.

Anonymous

Juniors
Roosterphin said:
Benny said:
How are my facts wrong

Check your figs Benny. You are talking big figs. Remember the Dragions wanted to merge with the Roosters as they were not travelling that greatly
Geoff Carr wanted to merge with the Roosters. The idea (and Carr) were sent packing.
St George are wealthy enough... no doubt about it. Its just plain stupid to say otherwise.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Willow said:
Roosterphin said:
Benny said:

He did his facts right. You're the one with poor knowledge on the subject. I'd back Benny's information against yours any day of the week.

btw, Trent Barrett is from Temora.
Get your facts right. :lol:

Good on you Willow..... :roll:

btw I KNOW Barrett is from Temora......

Roosterphin

Juniors
Willow said:
Roosterphin said:
Benny said:
How are my facts wrong

Geoff Carr wanted to merge with the Roosters. The idea (and Carr) were sent packing.
St George are wealthy enough... no doubt about it. Its just plain stupid to say otherwise.

Not as wealthy as you would like to believe I am sure.

Anyway I think I have made my point...tired of the same old arguements?

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Roosterphin said:
Willow said:
Roosterphin said:
Benny said:
How are my facts wrong

Not as wealthy as you would like to believe I am sure.

Anyway I think I have made my point...tired of the same old arguements?

Phin, You have made No Points at all that are worth debating.

The Illawarra club could have died. They were saved.

Woolongong, would not have seen Rugby League any more. THey were saved.

So you begrudge the dragons , because they saved The Region.
See how Dumb that sounds ??
And you think you guys win arguements ?

You must live in a little world , with your own people. What is it a Cult of roosters fans. What 300 of them ?

He's in The Fight Club at the moment Gilla, getting his arse kicked.

We'll send what's left of him back for you to mop up when he's slinked out.

The name should of been the Illawarra Dragons or St George Steelers. That is how the other merger names went. Northern Eagles and Wests tigers. One team has their region name, the other has the mascot name.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
He's in The Fight Club at the moment Gilla, getting his arse kicked.

We'll send what's left of him back for you to mop up when he's slinked out.

Getting my arsed kicked :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your the one chucking tantrums

Status
Not open for further replies.