What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The team v Broncos

Meth

Staff member
Such an important game. Broncos will be without Hodges, Parker and Thaiday I'd imagine. Maybe Gillett too. We must win this.

1- Locke
2- Laumape (Fisiiahi is not a winger)
3- Hurrell (the Tuimavave experiment has failed)
4- Nielsen
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai (can't see that changing)
7- Johnson
8- Packer
9- Friend
10- Rapira
11- Mateo
12- Mannering
13- Taylor

Res- Lillyman, Matulino, Ikahihifo, Godinet

Blair

Coach
You're bloody keen! I haven't even thought what I'm having for dinner, let alone next week's Warriors side.

I'd like Hurrell and Laumape to have a crack at an under strength Brisbane on a hard, fast track up there.

In Godinet's cameo today he made another error at a crucial time. Can we risk him? We have no competition points to play with right now.

Iafeta

Referee
In respect to Godinet, its not the errors, its being run over in defence that concerns me. I'm not sure why Mara has been thrown away, good sizzle out of dummy half and can defend.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, Godinet is losing his sheen. He started with a bang with his intuitive, creative play. But now that Friend is playing the 80, he seems a bit rudderless really. But who do you have on the bench? Tuimavave? Has hardly been impressive, albeit out of position. I'd be all for Palavi. Or even Peyroux?

vvvrulz

Coach
Leuluai is not a #6 and Fish is not a first grader.

Other than that we're looking ok although as mentioned Mara deserves a shot now that Godinet has had a couple of poor games.

Hurrell? You can't be serious. Today's game for the vulcans showed the exact reasons why he's in reserve grade right now.

If Topou is back in, then Laumape in for Tuimavave would be my only change

Benek

Juniors
Such an important game. Broncos will be without Hodges, Parker and Thaiday I'd imagine. Maybe Gillett too. We must win this.

1- Locke
4- Nielsen
5- Vatuvei
7- Johnson
8- Packer
9- Friend
10- Rapira
11- Mateo
12- Mannering
13- Taylor

Agree 100% except I'm not sure Godinet is offering much at the moment. Is there someone else we can put on the bench to give us more spark?

Packer showed some mongrel but he also had a pathetic something like 30 metres from 4 hitups. He needs to pull his weight. Good to see the other 3 props in the rotation all getting over 100! I guess 3/4 is not bad!

captainwarrior

Juniors

1- Locke
4- Nielsen
5- Vatuvei
7- Johnson
8- Packer
9- Friend
10- Rapira
11- Mateo
12- Mannering
13- Taylor

I agree with that team. If I had it my way though I'd either have SJ at 6 and Sjeika at 7, or Tui at 6 and SJ at 7, with Leuluai on the bench in place of Godinet.

Iafeta

Referee
Yes I thought that too captain warrior. I'm thrilled for Sebastine, I've been a big fan of his in his NYC days. He's got a good motor, and once he's a bit more confident in this grade he has good ball skills too.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Agree 100% except I'm not sure Godinet is offering much at the moment. Is there someone else we can put on the bench to give us more spark?

Packer showed some mongrel but he also had a pathetic something like 30 metres from 4 hitups. He needs to pull his weight. Good to see the other 3 props in the rotation all getting over 100! I guess 3/4 is not bad!

That's why you use a 4 prop rotation IMO, as long as they hit at least 350m between them individual numbers aren't so important, as long as its not the same guy not firing every week.
I'd also say Package gets most of the credit for setting up the first try, he had some deft touches offloading at the line.

Meth

Staff member
Hurrell? You can't be serious. Today's game for the vulcans showed the exact reasons why he's in reserve grade right now.

If Topou is back in, then Laumape in for Tuimavave would be my only change

Didn't see it, but Tuimavave's game in the First Grade showed the exact reasons why he should be in the reserve grade right now.

What if Tupou is not back? Hurrell or Tuimavave? I'd take Hurrell at the moment.

Didn't see it, but Tuimavave's game in the First Grade showed the exact reasons why he should be in the reserve grade right now.

What if Tupou is not back? Hurrell or Tuimavave? I'd take Hurrell at the moment.

Personally I'd select Peyroux over Hurrell if Laumape is on the wing.

At least with him we'll know our defence will be tight.

Scott

Bench
What about keeping Mannering at right centre, Fish on the right wing, and Taylor on the right edge as the back rower. I thought they worked well & Johnson seemed a bit more comfortable as well. Hurrell & Tuimavave are both at least 18 months away from NRL standard.

ozenzud

Juniors
Was Billy Tupou injured or dropped?

I was years ago a fan of the Fish, but he has constantly disappointed me. But I thought he actually went OK on Sunday. Deserves another shot. I don't mind BT, he is experienced and relatively reliable except if his centre is a crap defender. Not too many wingers look good if the players inside him make poor decisions.

Hurrell is a work in progress for sure. He is exciting to watch in attack, but just about gives you a coronary on defence, every time a play comes down his side.

I think you have to think about our defence and attack options. Commentators yesterday were talking about Mannering staying at centre. He lacks a little pace there. Should you consider a pattern that has Hurrell defending a second row and Mannering at centre, then swap for attack?

Latest posts