What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Test thread: MORLEY SENT OFF FIRST TACKLE!

blacktip youre right about Morley
SHOCKING tackle on Kearns' head first tackle
The commentators were disgusted
IT was an atrocious tackle
Australia's chances skyrocket!

Plenty of feeling in this game.
HERE WE GO!

And to think Supercoach Opes tried to basically bully the ref into not sending any players off!
BTW cmon noddy for first try scorer!

Aww cmon Brett, coulda put in and scored with that line break! Should have bet on the other Shark Bails.

Aussies dominating

Noddy was caught out badly in GB's first line break

Craig Gower back up kicker? Whats going on?!

BTW after the first half I say this

I've been a big fan of Kimmorley ever since I got over the Preston Campbell issue

BUT:
If he's going to play this boring inside ball game all year, completely discarding the players numbered 2 through 6, it's going to be another boring season for Sharks fans in 2004.

Here's a fair few points about the game
-We were very lucky - completion of sets and kicking game was atrocious
-I dont think GB were particularly good either, we were just bad
-Kimmorley's refusal to go wide was so frustrating, he should have gone off and been replaced with Wing who looked a lot more dangerous with his 3-odd touches of the ball than Kimmorley with his 300-odd (how many times did Hegarty touch the ball? What about Minichiello, Gower and Bailey?!)
That said, his pass to Gower for the try was vintage Noddy and was OUTSTANDING
-Kimmorley shouldnt be defending in the centres - his missed tackle led to the first GB line break and struggled all day, particularly after injury
-Webcke was outstanding when running I thought and provided a good example for the younger blokes. Made some errors but didnt take a backwards step
-Where was Willie Mason? MIA, probably too much booze
-Crocker is a thug and I dont like him representing me, he's a disgrace and he let the team down by being sin binned
-Great Britain's number 7 didnt do ANYTHING for me
-Australia was just awful, we looked like we had less players on the park, when we had more. Where were our backs on Carney's second try?!
-I thought Buderus would be more involved, or is he no one without Johns?
-Bailey no good in the centres, Senior showed him up, Bailey no pace and weak defence, directly led to a try and should have stepped inside when he had a chance at a second try
-Great Britain have obviously been learning the Roosters' defence, they were offside all day, particularly the shooter, but credit to them if they can get away with it...gee they were playing cheap
-Credit to Opes for choosing Wing in the centres, Wing was absolutely outstanding and his pass inside for the match winning try showed that Kimmorley should have gone wide much more often, why do we wait until we are desperate to try and score tries outside?
-Best back Wing, best forward Webcke

-Man of the match, the second English commentator
"This has been a wonderful win for Great Britain" - 62 minute mark
"I would be looking to get down there and go for the one point!" - Brits four points ahead
"They should go for the one!" - same guy, same scoreline

Geez we were lucky, with Morley on the field I think we would have lost. Injuries a worry for Sharks fans - Noddy and Bails in trouble.

That's how I saw it, what about the rest?

Special K

Coach
oh while I'm here

how funny was it when Crocker the thug threw a cheap shot and got belted by the winger and sent for ten. His real though when they are on the ground face down, yet when they get up and go he covers up and hits the deck like a sack of shit :lol: :lol:

Frenzy

Juniors
Man of the Match for Australia was undoubtedly Terry Newton the GB hooker who set up 2 tries for us with his less than astute use of the old short sharp one in a tackle in full view of the ref.

Both times he got pinged for that we scored in the ensuing set of 6.

Well done Tezza!

Macca

Coach
Clearly it was the best Test I have seen since the one where Ricky Stuart ran 85 mtrs before giving it to big Mal for the victory.

Why was this so?

1. Morley, the cheap shot merchant being sent off inspired the Poms to lift from the very first tackle.

2. The strength and resolve of the Aussie side to come back in the last 5 minutes.

3. The close scoreline had me biting my nails right up to the very last tackle.

4. Brett Kimmorley played well enough to have justified his spot in the Australian side. He did throw the inside ball too often but his fisrt half was sound and that pass to Gower was exceptional.

Why wasn't this test better than the one back in the 90's?

1. The Poms were offside all night.

2. The ref allowed the Poms to lie all over the man playing the ball which stifled our attack yet still managed to penalise us for far lesser infringements. No doubt employed by David Waite to hamper the Kimmorley/Anderson's flat style.

3. The cheap shots from the pommy hooker were shocking, I can't believe Crocker was binned for retaliating while this guy was allowed to job guys on the ground with their arms pinned.

4. The missed tackles (Bailey's miss on Senior being the most prominant) and dropped ball rate from the Aussie's was pretty bad and improvement is certainly needed in the completion rate area.

5. Gus Gould.

Other than that I really enjoyed the match, a real nail biter. I was sitting in my lounge room by myself screaming at the TV. Seeing Chris Anderson shaking the hands of the Aussie players after the game really brought a smile to my face. He still has plenty of passion left in him.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well, Bailey was certainly out of his depth against Senior. The Poms seemed to have a field day running against him, and Senior scored from a blatant miss from poor Bails.

I think he'd be better served coming off the bench in game two.

Kimmorley showed his guts again, by playing the last 20 minutes injured.

Exciting match, but I think the Australians dropped back to English standards.

Sheros los Deros said:

Should have gone off for Wing to half, Crocker to centre in my opinion with Lockyer chiming into the line running at breaks when necessary.

imasharkie

Coach
Both send offs came from the same nrl team...now which team was that...could it be the gould supported rorters

Macca

Coach
ShireShark said:
Sheros los Deros said:

Should have gone off for Wing to half, Crocker to centre in my opinion with Lockyer chiming into the line running at breaks when necessary.

He wouldn't have thrown that terrific pass if you had your way SS. Still you have to say that he played well even after he was injured. Very gutsy.

Frenzy

Juniors
El Garbo said:
Well, Bailey was certainly out of his depth against Senior. The Poms seemed to have a field day running against him, and Senior scored from a blatant miss from poor Bails.

I think he'd be better served coming off the bench in game two.

Although I agree with you on Bailey's oft inept display we should remember that Senior scored whilst Crocker was in the bin and Noddy was off, unreplaced, getting strapped. An overlap from a scrum was inevitable.

McSharkie said:
He wouldn't have thrown that terrific pass if you had your way SS. Still you have to say that he played well even after he was injured. Very gutsy.

And I did, please see above:
That said, his pass to Gower for the try was vintage Noddy and was OUTSTANDING

Latest posts