What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'Thank you Tonga' Thread

Burns

First Grade
Please watch the following two videos:

1) The last minute called in FRENCH, and then the crowd singing a final hymn;

2) The Tongan players perform the Sipi Tau after the match to the remaining crowd (aka everyone)

Simply the most wonderful, moving and greatest thing I have ever seen in rugby league.

Stallion

First Grade
Please watch the following two videos:

1) The last minute called in FRENCH, and then the crowd singing a final hymn;

2) The Tongan players perform the Sipi Tau after the match to the remaining crowd (aka everyone)

Simply the most wonderful, moving and greatest thing I have ever seen in rugby league.

This can only happen in a real sport. Not one artificially propagated by those whom have power! Real culture!
And thank you Burns for your excellent contribution!

Last edited:

JasonE

Bench
I don't know about anyone else and I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts but for me Tonga v England did way more for me than any State of Origin game ever.
The game had everything from passion, massive body contact,crowd noise, skill, excitement and drama.
The speed of the game was outstanding and although a few errors did creep in that only added to the theatre.

Stallion

First Grade
I don't know about anyone else and I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts but for me Tonga v England did way more for me than any State of Origin game ever.
The game had everything from passion, massive body contact,crowd noise, skill, excitement and drama.
The speed of the game was outstanding and although a few errors did creep in that only added to the theatre.

Absolutely. It shows rugby league has immense potential internationally. It just needs to be recognised as a sport by international authorities/organisations(GSAIF) for it to be given an opportunity to genuinely grow. Atm the game cannot access government funding in many nations and it has issues with insurance due to such non recognition. Their are other barriers but this one is a doozy!

Last Week

Bench
There are so many positives from this world cup. Almost every nation has a story. Most are positive stories.

*The results of Tonga, Fiji and Lebanon. All three nations should be proud of their achievements.
*The PNG crowds have been something to behold. No other nation loves our great game more.
*Ireland should also be proud of their performances. They weren't given much notice.
*The USA sending a mostly home grown team. They will go home and improve their competition immensely.
*England finally getting to the World Cup final after 22 years. Finally.
*Australia for their persistent and consistent effort. The class of their performances cannot be ignored. Brilliant as always.

Great world cup. I can't wait until the next one.

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
Losers. Thank you Fifita for dropping the ball.

Australians wanted Tonga to win so bad they wanted the referee to cheat England out of the World Cup, Tonga were outclassed in both nationality and skill level.

Luckily justice was done by a great refereeing performance, took real guts to make the correct call against the will of the entire world outside of England.

Danish

Referee

Australians wanted Tonga to win so bad they wanted the referee to cheat England out of the World Cup, Tonga were outclassed in both nationality and skill level.

Luckily justice was done by a great refereeing performance, took real guts to make the correct call against the will of the entire world outside of England.

God it’s going to be fun watching your lot get the deliverance treatment next week. There’ll be no Burt Reynolds to save you either

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Please no more NZ vs Aus tests where NZ get smashed....more tests against Tonga and Fiji please

Last edited:

kiwileaguefan

Juniors

Your team choked....they shouldn't be in the final.....the referee saved their ass by not penalising them for being off side. That would have made it 20 all and with Tonga having all the momentum...they would have more than likely won.

The England team is like the Super League....weak, pathetic and boring...

latingringo101

Juniors
Definitely the team of the tournament (entertainment wise at least).

PNG, Lebanon, Fiji, Ireland and Tonga were definitely the best performers in this tournament!

Thadius

Juniors
Fifita lost it cold and may have scored if he hadn't, he's rocks and diamonds personified. But England was all over them for 70mins anyway.

Glad England got through though, as the two best sides are playing the final.

Roos still win of course, but they won't have the absolute picnic they would have had against Tonga.

Latest posts