What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The time is nigh

_Johnsy

Referee
I have been casting an eye over our squad, while there are a few missing from our round 1 side, I cant see the tiges getting within 10 of us tonight. I doubt very much wether benji is fully fit. IMO the tiges want to start on a good note and get some much needed confidence to begin 06. I think the pressure is on them tonight, afterall we have "aparently" been the favourites every year for the last 3 or so. Our traditional slow starts will be a thing of the past. Looking at the Charity shield, we had our second string side for the second half, dropped about 45% of our ball and the bunnies could only manage 14 points. I saw enough in the 1st half oc the CS to get a smile.

As browny said in an interview earlier this year, "if we dont win it, people say we under achieve, if we do win it people will say what took you so long, your dammed if you do, and dammed if you dont".

I am sick of not saying anything at the beginning of the year as I "dont want to tempt fate". We will start well, if we can be on at least 8 points after 6 rounds, i have no doubt we will win the comp in 06. Going to be a great year of footy.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Something that will play a huge role for the Dragons compared to other years is the timing of the Byes. Dragons finally got them when they need it most not in the last or 2nd last round of the comp when they have built momentum. They can actually have 2 weeks off when the big guns are playing SOO.

Only thing that can beat the Dragons this year is the Injury curse which has plagued them other years. People always seem to forget that the Dragons haven't had their full roster playing on the park consistently for the past 4 years. Gaz made his debut 6 years ago which equates to 156 games and is playing his 94th game this weekend, Baz hit 20 first grade games in a season last year for the first time in 3 years and Bails was out for 2 seasons with pectoral injuries. When other teams struggle like the Bulldogs and Bronco's with injuries nobody comments how they underachieve but when it comes to the Dragons people think they are full strength every week. They were close to Full strenthing in the last 20 rounds of the comp last year and lost 2 games which again nobody gave them credit for.

Ribs

Bench
Thats right, Brown said it with the comment above.... if we dont win we choke if we do its "about time"..... bollocks.

While Im pumped up for tonight, Im still a little wary of first up efforts. Timing, fitness and new combinations will make us a little rusty but I think this year our attitude will be good. I also liked what I saw during the first 40 of the CS.