What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Travel Thread

If Horrie goes to Melbourne, the local IQ will jump by about 10%.

Be warned. The place is a total shithole. Full of pretentious wankers whose topic of conversation revolve around "my $800 shoes", coffee and the fact that "I've done some boxing ya know".

horrie hastings

First Grade
If Horrie goes to Melbourne, the local IQ will jump by about 10%.

Be warned. The place is a total shithole. Full of pretentious wankers whose topic of conversation revolve around "my $800 shoes", coffee and the fact that "I've done some boxing ya know".

Lol's, while it isn't on my top destination list i like spending a few days down there every few years. We stay at a nice B&B in Drummond st Carlton, last trip we were going down for the Melbourne Flower and Garden show which is held in the stunning Exhibition building in Carlton Gardens, of course covid scuttled that trip in 2020. Love the food hall in Queen Vic markets, always grab a bratwurst roll with onions, cheese and sauerkraut while there that is after i have scoffed a dozen oysters from one of the seafood outlets, South Melbourne markets are always worth a visit too. Where we stay in Drummond St is around the corner from Lygon st and even though there are a few overrated cafe/ restaurants there complete with spruikers outside, there are some nice spots to dine and it sh*ts over the so called Italian area in Sydney called Norton st Leichhardt. Looks like i go to Melbourne to mainly eat which is true lol.

Last edited:
Lol's, while it isn't on my top destination list i like spending a few days down there every few years. We stay at a nice B&B in Drummond st Carlton, last trip we were going down for the Melbourne Flower and Garden show which is held in the stunning Exhibition building in Carlton Gardens, of course covid scuttled that trip in 2020. Love the food hall in Queen Vic markets, always grab a bratwurst roll with onions, cheese and sauerkraut while there that is after i have scoffed a dozen oysters from one of the seafood outlets, South Melbourne markets are always worth a visit too. Where we stay in Drummond St is around the corner from Lygon st and even though there are a few overrated cafe/ restaurants there complete with spruikers outside, there are some nice spots to dine and it sh*ts over the so called Italian area in Sydney called Norton st Leichhardt. Looks like i go to Melbourne to mainly eat which is true lol.
You sure know how to make a person hungry!

Only been to Queen Victoria markets once and that was when I first moved to Melbourne in July 2015. Saturday morning and it like being a sardine in a can.

Bought a nice jacket for a good price BUT when I checked out the produce, my heart stopped.

"Organic" chicken breast fillets for $38 a kilo! Want to be gold plated for that price. And that was seven years ago!

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
For Lygon st, go further north to Brunswick. Avoid Carlton, total tourist trap.

horrie hastings

First Grade
For Lygon st, go further north to Brunswick. Avoid Carlton, total tourist trap.

Thanks for the tip, only really go to Lygon st because its around the corner from the B@B we stay at, i do agree it is a tourist trap and nothing puts me off more than spruikers out the front of restaurants , so we eat at Tiamo or Tiamo 2 where the food has been good every time we have been and is slightly past the main restaurant groups along Lygon.

Pugzley

Going to Melbourne for a week around October 29 to see the Harry Potter play and do some sightseeing. Any tips to find the best Greek/Italian restaurants there. Also landmarks I might want to gawk at? I know that I’m going to hit up the museums and art galleries at the East End.

Latest posts