What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV Merry-Go-Round

stormboy

Juniors
List of TV Games for season 2004

Rnd 1 Sat 13 March Norths Devils v Redcliffe Dolphins at Bishop Park
Rnd 2 Sat 20 March Burleigh Bears v North QLD Young Guns at Pizzey Park
Rnd 3 Sat 27 March Easts Tigers v Toowoomba Clydesdales at Langlands Park
Rnd 4 Sat 3 April Brothers Valleys v Souths Logan Magpies at O’Callaghan Park
Rnd 5 Sat 10 April Ipswich Jets v Wynnum Seagulls at TBA
Rnd 6 Sat 17 April Redcliffe Dolphins v Tweed Heads at Dolphin Oval

mud n blood

Juniors
I notice QRL bed-pals Redcliffe get two bites, while Centrals get none ....

At least the first 6 games should all be competitively close ....

I'm sure the Comets will get at least one TV game in the first half of the season. Depends upon how they perform if they get anymore than that.

mud n blood

Juniors
ho hum .... and how many premierships have your mob won ?
what about seasons undefeated ?
naaaah - how's about internationals produced ?
Qld reps perhaps ?

Doh .... thats right I forgot .... need a bit of history and tradition for that ! :clap:

Mud-1
Sarge-0

............. :D

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Seeing as you say we have no history and tradition it would only be fair to compare our records since we've been in the same comp as you blokes and by no means am I saying what happened beforehand doesn't count or you shouldn't be proud of it. But if you are comparing two clubs I believe it should be over the same time period .

First Grade
Wests: 4 75-76,92-93
Redcliffe: 7 65,94,96-97,2000,2002-2003
Second Grade
Wests: 2 65, 76
Redcliffe: 12 59-62-66-78-81-82-88-94-95-97-99-2003
Third Grade
Wests: 4 59-64-66-77
Redcliffe: 6 1981-84-87-89-93-94
Colts:
Wests: 2 1986-2002
Redcliffe: 8 1988-89-93-94-97-99-2001-2003
Club Championships
Wests: 3 60-75-76
Redcliffe: 11 1981-88-94-95-96-98-99-2000-2001-2002 -2003
Rothmans Medals
Wests: 4 1982: Tony Currie , 1988: Kevin Langer , 1993: Steve Mills , 1996: Alan Wieland
Redcliffe: 5 1978: Ian Pearce , 1980: Tony Obst , 1986: Bryan Niebling , 1990: Trevor Benson , 1995: Graham Cotter
Sunstate Player of the Year:
Wests: 1 1997: Alan Wieland
Redcliffe: 2 1999-2001 Michael Roberts
Australian Internationals
Wests: 7 Steve Crear, Key Day, Barry Muir, Warren Orr, Geoff Richardson, Ian Robson, Wayne Stewart
Redcliffe: 8 Chris Close, Greg Conescu, Wally Fullerton-Smith, Bob Gehrke, Mark Murray, Bryan Niebling, Greg Oliphant, John Ribot
Qld Residents
Wests 10: Jason Bulgarelli, John Green, Kevin Langer, Mark Maguire, Steve Mills, Steele Retchless, Darren Shaw, Graham Strutton, Peter Tong, Shaun Valentine
Redcliffe 32: Grant Adamson, Aaron Barba, Barry Berrigan, Danny Burke, Bevan Canning, Graham Cotter, Tony Gould, Ian Graham, Phil Graham, James Hinchey, Cameron Hurren, Brian Jellick, Russell Lahiff, Trent Leis, Troy Lindsay, Mixie Lui, Adam Mogg, Craig O'Dwyer, Tom O'Reilly, Mal Peckham, Shane Perry, Damien Richters, Michael Roberts, Luke Scott, Anthony Singleton, Craig Spark, David Stagg, Adam Starr, Shane Tronc, Jason Webber, George Wilson, Andrew Wynyard
Australian Residents
Wests 1: Graham Strutton
Redcliffe 1: Ian Graham
Queensland
Wests I'm not sure of your reps since 1960
Redcliffe 29 Chris Anderson, Arthur Beetson, Trevor Benson, Shane Bernardin, Mitch Brennan, Steve Bullow, Chris Close, Greg Conescu, Steve Crear, Terry Donnelly, Wally Fullerton-Smith, Brian Gardiner, Bob Gehrke, Rod Halley, Trevor Harken, Paul Khan, Peter Leis, David Moffett, Mark Murray, Bryan Niebling, Tony Obst, Greg Oliphant, Robin Orchard, Ian Pearce, Richard Poulsen, Ron Raper, John Ribot, Jamie Sandy, Ian Thinee

You also forgot to mention you are better at winning wooden spoons than we are.

mud n blood

Juniors
hmmmmm - boom boom ..... Sarge 2-1

But let's be fair ....
Shane Bernardin (Norths)
Mitch Brennan (Souths)
Chris Close (Valleys)
Greg Conescu (Norths)
Steve Crear (Wests)
Paul Khan (Easts)
Peter Leis (Wests)
Mark Murray (Norths)
Bryan Neibling (Valleys)
Greg Oliphant (Wests)
Ron Raper (Wests)
John Ribot (Wests)
Jamie Sandy (Wests)

All shouldn't count, should they ? That only leaves 16, and I'm sure I could bring that total down a little more with some thought ......

And leave our spoons alone - we're hoping to build a covered stand out of them ! :cry:

mud n blood

Juniors
No,but Centrals aren't playing their first 6 games at home are they ?

Besides, I reckon they should televise from Rocky and Townsville.

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
I would hardly call Peter Leis a predominantly Wests player he played 261 first grade games for Redcliffe. He started at Redcliffe in 1966 before switching to Wests for the 1970 season before going back to the Dolphins from 1971 to 1981.

And wasn't Ron Raper and Steve Crear first Brisbane club Redcliffe.

How many of your state players and Internationals who represented from Wests have played at other clubs.

I think Neil Smith an ole skool m8 of mine was another to play Residents whilst both playing for the Capras & then Redcliffe in the early 90's. could be wrong though mind isnt what it was back then.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
mud n blood said:
No,but Centrals aren't playing their first 6 games at home are they ?

Besides, I reckon they should televise from Rocky and Townsville.

Bit hot up there for 2pm kickoff eh? And you'll ruin their crowds too.

But yeah they should be on tele especially in the first 6 weeks.

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Neil Smith didn't play for Qld while at Redcliffe. He's a good guy Smoggy, he tried to drag me over the barb wire at Lang Park when they won the GF in 94.

Neil Was a handy Cricket & Soccer player as akid also, last I herd he was coaching the Biloela side in the extended comp up here & cant say im surprised his schoolboy Nickname followed him down there I suppose when the ehad is Smogyred!!! Also Sgt Shulz Do you no if Damien Willy was there at the same time? I no he ended up at Gold coast eventually but cant recall if that was b4 or after, had some interseting times wif Damo whilst both employed at 1 of Gladstones more ireputible drinking establishments. Im sure there was 3 lads from this way that went down to Redcliffe at that time but cant 4 the life of me think of the 3rd... :lol: .

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Damien did indeed play for Redcliffe in 1993 several players from the CQ area followed Ross O'Reilly to the club. Damien Willie, Neil Smith, Michael Wakeman, Andrew Schick, Rod Bayliss, Graham Foster and Steve Leydon joined the club in 1994 after being cut by the Broncos. There was a bloodnut hooker from Biloela as well but he didn't stay long but I can't recall his name.