What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The two most underrated players for 2004 are ....

OVP

Coach
i think Michael Sullivan for the Sharks is VERY underrated ... the poor bastard still plays off the bench and yet he's the sharks most dangerous player BY FAR !!

I think Anthony Tupou is underrated by most fans other than roosters supporters. We can see alot of Artie Beetson in this kid ... a ball-playing prop at his age is very rare.

Kasper

Bench
I think Tupou has received plenty of raps for hsi work. He is deservent of these but not underrated by many.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
OVP said:
i think Michael Sullivan for the Sharks is VERY underrated ... the poor bastard still plays off the bench and yet he's the sharks most dangerous player BY FAR !!

I don't think he is under-rated he is a great player. I think he is better off the bench than actually starting because he provides the Sharks with impact so that would say why he was labelled the "impact player of the year".

OVP said:
I think Anthony Tupou is underrated by most fans other than roosters supporters. We can see alot of Artie Beetson in this kid ... a ball-playing prop at his age is very rare.

I don't think he is under-rated either. He has wraps from the media and alot of the commentators and from what i've seen he is a young gun on the rise.

OVP

Coach
KINGLING said:
I think Tupou has received plenty of raps for hsi work. He is deservent of these but not underrated by many.

Fair enough but not many rate this kid as the rookie of the year. Everyone is saying K. Hunt or S.B. Williams but sheesh id rather have Tupou in my team than those two. Maybe its just me.

OVP

Coach
joel caine number 1 fan said:
ashley harrison

Yes definately a great pick there. SHOULD have been playing for Qld this year imo.

p.s. no way is Hodgson underrated ... he's a star for sure.

Blunty

Juniors
Ashley Harrison(Rabbits), Steven Bell(Storm), Anthony Watmough(Manly)

All three make all their tackles, and put on plenty of breaks each week. I feel especially Watmough and Bell are underated.

OVP

Coach
joel caine number 1 fan said:
p.s. no way is Hodgson underrated ... he's a star for sure.

state or origin or australia selectors dont think so :roll:

Yes i'm a Roosters fan so im biased ... but im sorry he didnt do enough to usurp that role from Minichiello this year. They are both neck and neck in every stat in the game, so the incumbent will always win out. Thats not saying Hodgson wouldnt do a great job ... he's next in line i hope !!

Big Bunny

Juniors
Ashley Harrison was my listing, but from what has been said so far on this thread he has perhaps a lot more recognition than I had expected. It's good to see, but hopefully the QLD selectors might agree with us next year.

Big Mick

Referee
Ash Harrison is a great choice.

And I'll say lately - Danny Galea - For a young kid he has really impressed me this season.

Eels Dude

Coach
Wade McKinnon, everyone has blokes like Slater, Minichiello, Hunt, and Hodgson contending for fullback of the year, but this bloke should be right up there. Very safe, terrific in defence, and very consistent on top of that.